Author Topic: Hurricane Ida  (Read 8636 times)

Hurricane Ida
« on: August 29, 2021, 05:57:50 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
On the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina hitting New Orleans and Louisiana, a stronger hurricane, Ida, is battering the same area right now. I don't know how many CSers live in the area but my thoughts and well wishes go out to you. If you stayed and are going to weather the storm, I hope you stay safe and well.

Personal story, my son lives there so yesterday I drove from the Tampa Bay area to New Orleans to evacuate him. 28 hours in the car later we arrived back in Florida safe.

On the way to New Orleans, I witnessed the largest traffic jam I had ever seen, almost 200 miles of bumper to bumper traffic from Pensacola, FL to New Orleans on I-10. I later was stuck in it heading home. On the way into Louisiana, I passed a 2 mile convoy of electrical bucket trucks heading into the state. Unbelievably impressive show of support coming from out of state into Louisiana to help get people and equipment into the state to attempt to get power up ASAP after the storm.

I hope we don't see a repeat of Katrina.

Re: Hurricane Ida
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 06:40:35 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Doesn’t look good..prayers to everyone who is in the path of Ida
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Hurricane Ida
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 06:59:34 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
On the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina hitting New Orleans and Louisiana, a stronger hurricane, Ida, is battering the same area right now. I don't know how many CSers live in the area but my thoughts and well wishes go out to you. If you stayed and are going to weather the storm, I hope you stay safe and well.

Personal story, my son lives there so yesterday I drove from the Tampa Bay area to New Orleans to evacuate him. 28 hours in the car later we arrived back in Florida safe.

On the way to New Orleans, I witnessed the largest traffic jam I had ever seen, almost 200 miles of bumper to bumper traffic from Pensacola, FL to New Orleans on I-10. I later was stuck in it heading home. On the way into Louisiana, I passed a 2 mile convoy of electrical bucket trucks heading into the state. Unbelievably impressive show of support coming from out of state into Louisiana to help get people and equipment into the state to attempt to get power up ASAP after the storm.

I hope we don't see a repeat of Katrina.

Man, it looks bad! Hope all get through it OK!!!