Author Topic: NFL 2021 Season  (Read 175816 times)

Re: NFL 2021 Season
« Reply #1260 on: January 15, 2022, 06:14:40 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I’m a Bengals fan.. they need to just throw the ball cause Raiders can’t stop Burrow.. should be up 28-13..also need to blitz Carr more
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1261 on: January 15, 2022, 06:18:43 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
NFL refs already strike.

Burrow made an incredible play for the TD but the ref had blown a whistle right after it looked like he stepped out of bounds (which he didn't actually) so the play should have been ruled dead and the NBC referee analyst said the same too. Instead the Raiders defense sort of stopped in the endzone and the Bengals got the TD catch.

Even if they called it back though, then the Bengals would have been hosed because Burrow never stepped out before delivering the throw.

Just pure incompetence from the referees and sickening that games like this could be decided by them

I don’t understand how the ruling could be anything other than a dead play - out of bounds.  Makes no sense.  Doesn’t matter if they caught the ball in the end zone, assumption has to be that it wouldn’t have happened if whistle hadn’t been blown. Dead play. Did the referee announce a decision or just went right to extra point?

« Reply #1262 on: January 15, 2022, 06:26:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
NFL refs already strike.

Burrow made an incredible play for the TD but the ref had blown a whistle right after it looked like he stepped out of bounds (which he didn't actually) so the play should have been ruled dead and the NBC referee analyst said the same too. Instead the Raiders defense sort of stopped in the endzone and the Bengals got the TD catch.

Even if they called it back though, then the Bengals would have been hosed because Burrow never stepped out before delivering the throw.

Just pure incompetence from the referees and sickening that games like this could be decided by them

I don’t understand how the ruling could be anything other than a dead play - out of bounds.  Makes no sense.  Doesn’t matter if they caught the ball in the end zone, assumption has to be that it wouldn’t have happened if whistle hadn’t been blown. Dead play. Did the referee announce a decision or just went right to extra point?

Referee announced a decision after conversing with the ref, then they reviewed it I guess.

Also I'm convinced NBC actually altered the whistle a bit because that whistle was definitely sounded right as Burrow let go of the ball, not when the ball was already near Boyd who caught the TD. That's actually a big difference because if you watch the replay I'm pretty sure most of the players in the secondary (including Bengals receivers) pretty much stopped thinking play was paused. Boyd was just standing there when the ball came to him too. 

Should have definitely been a dead play based on the whistle alone.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1263 on: January 15, 2022, 06:30:03 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
I’m a Bengals fan.. they need to just throw the ball cause Raiders can’t stop Burrow.. should be up 28-13..also need to blitz Carr more

I’m a Pats fan and live in NE, but have to admit Ive enjoyed watching the Bengals this year. Burrow, Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd. That’s quite the arsenal and I’m jealous.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1264 on: January 15, 2022, 06:31:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I’m a Pats fan and live in NE, but have to admit Ive enjoyed watching the Bengals this year. Burrow, Mixon, Chase, Higgins, Boyd. That’s quite the arsenal and I’m jealous.

Yeah agreed, there's definitely a lot to look forward to for the Bengals and their organization and fans. Burrow is the real deal and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that once Rodgers, Brady, etc. finally all hang it up then Mahomes and Burrow will be 2 of the best leading the league forward in terms of QBs (along with a few others like Prescott, Josh Allen, etc. - hopefully Mac Jones lol)

« Reply #1265 on: January 15, 2022, 06:45:57 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Yeah agreed, there's definitely a lot to look forward to for the Bengals and their organization and fans. Burrow is the real deal and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that once Rodgers, Brady, etc. finally all hang it up then Mahomes and Burrow will be 2 of the best leading the league forward in terms of QBs (along with a few others like Prescott, Josh Allen, etc. - hopefully Mac Jones lol)

They are a fun offense.  And yeh, they should be up more.  Weird things have happened to this team in the playoffs historically, but I think theyre the better team here.
Yup

« Reply #1266 on: January 15, 2022, 06:52:19 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Don't forget Herbert! Just as good as Burrow and Mahomes IMO
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1267 on: January 15, 2022, 06:53:26 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah that's my bad. Feel bad for Herbert too, he should have been in the playoffs but Staley pretty much screwed that team honestly

« Reply #1268 on: January 15, 2022, 06:55:42 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
  • B's Up
NFL refs already strike.

Didnt see it live but caught the replay NBC showed and the whistle was like maybe .2 seconds before the ball hit the wr hands. To me there's no way .2 seconds is enough time that the defense stopped playing and couldnt react in time, shouldnt be a big deal especially when Burrow was in bounds and it was a legit td.

But if it was right when he threw it like you said then the raiders absolutely got hosed. But dont worry, either way Raiders fans and players will let us hear it for the next 20 years
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #1269 on: January 15, 2022, 06:58:18 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998

And Lamar Jackson  ;D Jk he stinks.

I think Mahones vs Burrows is the next Brady-Manning

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1270 on: January 15, 2022, 07:58:35 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Congrats to @Birdman and all the Bengals fans for the win and ending their drought  ;D

Now GO PATS!

« Reply #1271 on: January 15, 2022, 07:59:47 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Congrats to @Birdman and all the Bengals fans for the win and ending their drought  ;D

Now GO PATS!
Thanks!!!!!! I can’t quit screaming or sit down lol
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1272 on: January 15, 2022, 08:25:22 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
  • B's Up
What the hell kind of defense are they running?? Everyone knows u have to contain josh allen and we are rushing 3 straight up the middle...
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #1273 on: January 15, 2022, 08:31:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
What the hell kind of defense are they running?? Everyone knows u have to contain josh allen and we are rushing 3 straight up the middle...
I can't remember the last time the Pats defended Josh Allen well

« Reply #1274 on: January 15, 2022, 08:37:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
That was a great interception