Author Topic: NFL 2021 Season  (Read 174984 times)

Re: NFL 2021 Season
« Reply #1155 on: January 06, 2022, 08:56:55 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Think of this as an unofficial poll, but if you're a Pats fan, who do you want them to face in the WC round?

Personally, I can't believe I'm saying it but I lean a little towards the Bengals.

There's definitely no "easy team" they'll face in the WC round (CIN/KC/BUF). Every team has their strengths and weaknesses. But I think maybe CIN, even with all their firepower could look rusty and/or inexperienced since I don't think Burrow and their coaching staff has played in the playoffs yet. BUF and KC though have legit playoff experience in recent years and have proven they can win.

Yes, CIN has Burrow, Mixon, Boyd, Higgins, Chase, etc. No doubt CIN's offense is explosive. But their defense isn't that great and the Pats could be able to put up points on them. Plus CIN's O-Line is meh so maybe the pass rush can get to Burrow at times (Judon/Barmore hopefully)

I wouldn't hate going up against BUF a 3rd time, and it's a small margin of who I'd rather have between
CIN and BUF, but I think the ultimate goal is to avoid facing the Chiefs at Arrowhead in the WC round.

What do Pats fans here feel?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1156 on: January 07, 2022, 04:19:04 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Rumor has it that the Washington Football team will be changing their name to the Washington Commanders. Yay or nay?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1157 on: January 07, 2022, 04:22:49 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rumor has it that the Washington Football team will be changing their name to the Washington Commanders. Yay or nay?

Meh

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1158 on: January 07, 2022, 05:15:02 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!

Meh

Admirals (leaked recently). Commanders a new leak.

I sense a theme  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1159 on: January 07, 2022, 10:48:27 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Think of this as an unofficial poll, but if you're a Pats fan, who do you want them to face in the WC round?

Personally, I can't believe I'm saying it but I lean a little towards the Bengals.

There's definitely no "easy team" they'll face in the WC round (CIN/KC/BUF). Every team has their strengths and weaknesses. But I think maybe CIN, even with all their firepower could look rusty and/or inexperienced since I don't think Burrow and their coaching staff has played in the playoffs yet. BUF and KC though have legit playoff experience in recent years and have proven they can win.

Yes, CIN has Burrow, Mixon, Boyd, Higgins, Chase, etc. No doubt CIN's offense is explosive. But their defense isn't that great and the Pats could be able to put up points on them. Plus CIN's O-Line is meh so maybe the pass rush can get to Burrow at times (Judon/Barmore hopefully)

I wouldn't hate going up against BUF a 3rd time, and it's a small margin of who I'd rather have between
CIN and BUF, but I think the ultimate goal is to avoid facing the Chiefs at Arrowhead in the WC round.

What do Pats fans here feel?

If this is gonna be a classic 4 vs 5 matchup, it may very well be Patriots @ Bills. Idk how well Josh Allen and Mac Jones play in the snow but it would be interesting. Otherwise give me Cincinnati. If we get past Super Wild Card Weekend, we definitely gonna have to face KC or Tennessee. Give me Tennessee in that case lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1160 on: January 07, 2022, 10:50:29 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Meltdown Antonio Brown saga continues- Brady can't do crap by himself, but folks gonna make it look like Brady's the heroic one.

Yeah, definitely the CTE. At this point AB lost all credibility and validity. Brady even kept him in his heart and is wishing him well and that he loves him, so yah, def the CTE. And no, I don't buy the ankle injury BS otherwise he wouldn't have been able to jump like he did exiting the field in MetLife Stadium lolol

« Reply #1161 on: January 09, 2022, 04:56:27 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Pats looking completely unprepared.. i dont get how u can practice all week and then come out and look like this. No1 wants to make a play
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #1162 on: January 09, 2022, 05:05:24 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Pats looking completely unprepared.. i dont get how u can practice all week and then come out and look like this. No1 wants to make a play

Terrible.  Yet, McCourty dropped as easy an INT as he’ll ever get and the turnover on downs was overturned by a phantom hit. But yes they generally look awful and not ready.

« Reply #1163 on: January 09, 2022, 05:12:48 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Nightmare so far. Stevenson also out with another concussion. Have to worry about that guy. That’s like his third concussion this season.

« Reply #1164 on: January 09, 2022, 05:39:38 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • B's Up
Nightmare so far. Stevenson also out with another concussion. Have to worry about that guy. That’s like his third concussion this season.

My thoughts too. At first i thought arm because he was flexing his elbow but possible concussion again is not good

« Reply #1165 on: January 09, 2022, 05:41:15 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • B's Up

Terrible.  Yet, McCourty dropped as easy an INT as he’ll ever get and the turnover on downs was overturned by a phantom hit. But yes they generally look awful and not ready.

That was a panic call by the ref. Bolden dove and he slid under the hit but he threw the flag anyways. And i couldnt believe mccourty dropped that lol

« Reply #1166 on: January 09, 2022, 05:49:59 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
More conservative play calling by the Pats.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1167 on: January 09, 2022, 05:52:00 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • B's Up
Okay so the ref says the ball was marked 6 inches short. He picks up the ball and places it back down exactly where it was originally lol.

And what a scared play call there, its 4th and inches at the 50 its almost impossible not to get that with a qb sneak but we gonna hard count and punt

« Reply #1168 on: January 09, 2022, 06:06:44 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Pats playing scared. Don't like the decision to not go for 4 at midfield.

« Reply #1169 on: January 09, 2022, 06:33:22 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • B's Up
Good to see Stevenson back out there