Author Topic: Argentinian Celtic fan in Vegas!  (Read 3067 times)

Argentinian Celtic fan in Vegas!
« on: August 02, 2013, 06:41:47 AM »

Offline umpacu

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 28
Hello to everybody!
I'm from Argentina (you are warned about my mistakes in writing), and I want to share something that happened to me a couple hours ago.
A little context: I've been a Celtic fan since I was young, mostly because my father gave me a Celtics's jersey (#33 of course) when I was like 10 years old, and almost 20 years later, I still have it.
The thing is, this is my first time in the US. My bosses and me traveled to attend to a security conference in Vegas. But we stayed 4 days in New York on vacation (I know. Don't hate me), so I went to the NBA store and bought two Celtics's shirts.
So, here's the good part: I went to a party full of IT people, wearing one of the t-shirts, just because I like it, and 30 seconds after I came in, some random guy said to me: "Hey, that's a nice shirt". And just like that, I started to talk (with my bad english) with this guy and his girlfriend about the Boston Celtics! I know that for you, it doesn't mean anything, but for me it was awesome! I wasn't expecting to meet a basketball fan in a party full of nerds (me included), so finding a Celtics fan was unbelievable.
Oh yeah, we both feel terrible about Pierce playing in another team.
Well, that's it. I know it's not the best story, but I think it's ok for being my first post.
Go Celtics!

Re: Argentinian Celtic fan in Vegas!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 10:29:47 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
TP for you.  You are wrong...it is a terrific story.  It shows again that Celtics fans are family and come from all around the world, brought together by our common interest.  Welcome to the CelticsBlog.  I hope you feel comfortable here.  Enjoy yourself   and keep posting!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »

Offline umpacu

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 28
Hey, thank you very much for the welcome!
Actually, I've been visiting the forums for two years, maybe, but I never felt that I had something worth to say.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 06:04:30 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Hey, thank you very much for the welcome!
Actually, I've been visiting the forums for two years, maybe, but I never felt that I had something worth to say.
Having nothing to say usually doesn't stop me from saying something!   ;)  Join in, surprise yourself.  You have posted twice now, already!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!