Would you make this trade

Yes
6 (15.4%)
No
33 (84.6%)
Yes without adding a pick
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Poll: Trade Hayward+Yabu+First for DeAndre Jordan  (Read 3020 times)

Re: Poll: Trade Hayward+Yabu+First for DeAndre Jordan
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 06:23:01 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Both Sabonis and Turner are wayyyyyyy more valuable than Dennis Smith Jr.

Also, a big NO to this trade.

Don't. Trade. Players. At. Their. Lowest. Value.
Agree completely. I don’t recall any time DA has sold low.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 06:27:22 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Well, if we don't trade Rozier by the deadline we 'll lose him for nothing next summer. I'd rather sell low on him than let him walk.

Having said that, I believe Danny views Rozier as insurance in case Kyrie bolts the C's next summer. If he wanted to trade Rozier, he would have done so on draft night last year. His trade value was sky high at the time.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 06:34:54 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 08:14:03 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
link

THE DEANDRE JORDAN ISSUE

NBA sources said they do not believe the Mavs will offer Jordan a multi-year deal after his contract expires in the offseason, which is what both he and his agent will want.

The Jordan the Mavs landed this offseason is no longer the same DeAndre Jordan they thought they had in the bag a few years ago when he said yes, and then no, in free agency.

Since he was at Texas A&M, he’s always been a better athlete than a basketball player. An NBA basketball player can age well. The NBA athlete does not age as well as the player.

Jordan’s strength is as supreme athlete who can run for a month, and jump to Jupiter. DAJ ranks second in the NBA in rebounding, at 14 per game. His problem isn’t rebounding. His problem is catching the ball on offense, and playing as a man who will be 31 this summer.

DAJ averages a double-double, and is a big reason why the Mavs are only two games under .500 with a shot of reaching the eighth seed in the Western Conference.

Letting Jordan walk will be considerably easier if the Mavs can find his replacement by moving DSJ right now.
Dennis Smith Jr. to the Pacers for Sabonis. Who says no?

Why for the Mavs
- they get a replacement for Jordan
- DSJ is a bad fit next to Doncic

Why for the Pacers
- they clear the logjam at the 5 (Sabonis + Myles Turner)
- they get a replacement for Collison (out of contract next summer, turns 32 in August)

Alternatively: Dennis Smith Jr. to the Pacers for Myles Turner. It's basically the same logic. Both trades work on the trade machine.

Btw, I'd love us to trade for either Sabonis or Turner. Let's say Rozier + pick(s) for either one of them (preferably for Sabonis cause Turner has signed a 4 year/72 million extension, hence our luxury tax would explode through the roof next season). Not confident that the Pacers would do it. Just saying.

You're clearly not valuing Sabonis on the right scale. The Pacers wouldn't let him go without a premium package. Probably something like Brown + Sac pick + another asset would be needed.

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 08:50:56 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
link

THE DEANDRE JORDAN ISSUE

NBA sources said they do not believe the Mavs will offer Jordan a multi-year deal after his contract expires in the offseason, which is what both he and his agent will want.

The Jordan the Mavs landed this offseason is no longer the same DeAndre Jordan they thought they had in the bag a few years ago when he said yes, and then no, in free agency.

Since he was at Texas A&M, he’s always been a better athlete than a basketball player. An NBA basketball player can age well. The NBA athlete does not age as well as the player.

Jordan’s strength is as supreme athlete who can run for a month, and jump to Jupiter. DAJ ranks second in the NBA in rebounding, at 14 per game. His problem isn’t rebounding. His problem is catching the ball on offense, and playing as a man who will be 31 this summer.

DAJ averages a double-double, and is a big reason why the Mavs are only two games under .500 with a shot of reaching the eighth seed in the Western Conference.

Letting Jordan walk will be considerably easier if the Mavs can find his replacement by moving DSJ right now.

Why for the Mavs

Why for the Pacers
- they get a replacement for Collison (out of contract next summer, turns 32 in August)

Alternatively: Dennis Smith Jr. to the Pacers for Myles Turner. It's basically the same logic. Both trades work on the trade machine.

Btw, I'd love us to trade for either Sabonis or Turner. Let's say Rozier + pick(s) for either one of them (preferably for Sabonis cause Turner has signed a 4 year/72 million extension, hence our luxury tax would explode through the roof next season). Not confident that the Pacers would do it. Just saying.

You're clearly not valuing Sabonis on the right scale. The Pacers wouldn't let him go without a premium package. Probably something like Brown + Sac pick + another asset would be needed.
Wow! That would be a huge overpay in my book.

Sabonis has no 3-point range and he's about average from mid range. Not to mention he's a bad defender. I get that his trade value is sky high right now, but I don't think he's worth all those assets.

Rozier + Sac pick? Maybe.
Brown + Sac pick + other asset? No way I'd do that.

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 10:25:15 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Why would we do this.

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 10:51:33 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Well, if we don't trade Rozier by the deadline we 'll lose him for nothing next summer. I'd rather sell low on him than let him walk.

Having said that, I believe Danny views Rozier as insurance in case Kyrie bolts the C's next summer. If he wanted to trade Rozier, he would have done so on draft night last year. His trade value was sky high at the time.
I believe Rozier to be trade chip for AD

Anyway, who needs DJ when you have Robert Williams for a low cost?

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2019, 06:55:28 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
link

THE DEANDRE JORDAN ISSUE

Why for the Mavs

Why for the Pacers

Wow! That would be a huge overpay in my book.

Sabonis has no 3-point range and he's about average from mid range. Not to mention he's a bad defender. I get that his trade value is sky high right now, but I don't think he's worth all those assets.

Rozier + Sac pick? Maybe.
Brown + Sac pick + other asset? No way I'd do that.

I wouldn't do that either, but I think that would be the price.

I'm sure that Indiana wouldn't bite on Rozier + Sac pick. And they shouldn't, Indiana has something very good with Sabonis/Turner as their future frontcourt. They complement each other well. And I disagree with Sabonis' range, I think that he can be a competent 3-point shooter if he wants to.