Author Topic: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)  (Read 22358 times)

President Red, Amonkey and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Porzingis injury updates (soleus strain)
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2024, 05:19:28 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Not many people are talking about this but the reality is, lets say he does return for the ECF. Is anyone expecting him to remain healthy? A few more bumps in the knee area and he could go down again, unfortunately he's just fragile like that.

Call me crazy but Kornet actually looks and plays stronger than Porzingis too which is insane (though KP is way more talented of course)

That's why the trade was always a gamble. It's going to be scary regardless of when he returns. The dude has never had a long playoff run to rely on.

I still love the guy but admittedly I wish he'd bulk up a little more or something. He sometimes looks like a twig out there, even if someone has a bad (non-incidental) fall in his legs that could be it for KP.
I was thinking the same thing about Kornet and Porzingis.  Against a bully center like Adebayo I actually enjoyed watching Kornet against him a lot more than Porzingis.  Porzingis looks like he's on stilts when he gets bumped by strong players like Adebayo.  I thought Kornet looked fantastic in the Heat series.  I guess Porzingis will be like he is for the rest of his career but he would have an entirely different career if he were able to add some lower body size and strength.  All these years in the NBA and he still has no visible butt in his shorts- just two legs connected to his back :) 

« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2024, 06:49:06 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 376
They showed KP in locker room no boot

And leaving the arena actually walking with no boot, too. That has to be a good sign that it’s not a super serious strain that less than 48 hours later he’s walking normally without a boot and no reported limp.

Remember that Giannis still was limping around for a week or so after his injury.

thats my take on it too. if it was a serious strain like giannis had he wouldn't be walking around on it normally without a boot....and the celtics rightfully so should be taking it cautious with him.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 06:55:59 AM by cman88 »

« Reply #137 on: May 03, 2024, 07:43:53 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1401
They showed KP in locker room no boot

And leaving the arena actually walking with no boot, too. That has to be a good sign that it’s not a super serious strain that less than 48 hours later he’s walking normally without a boot and no reported limp.

Remember that Giannis still was limping around for a week or so after his injury.

thats my take on it too. if it was a serious strain like giannis had he wouldn't be walking around on it normally without a boot....and the celtics rightfully so should be taking it cautious with him.

We won't see him for the whole second round I'm assuming...maybe not even in the ECF if we make it that far. Not unless we ended up in a tight spot. People would be calling for Joe's head if he came back early and aggravated it. The ultimate cotton wool for this guy  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #138 on: May 03, 2024, 10:53:04 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1626
  • What a Pub Should Be
I hope to hell I'm not proven wrong.  There's no way a series with CLE or ORL should be going 7 games.
I am the opposite. I would be surprised if it didn't go 6 or 7.

Honestly I just don't see how either team is going to score enough on the Celtics to make this interesting. You NEED to keep pace offensively with Boston, its you only hope. Neither team has good enough spacing or enough perimeter creation talent to do that.

Any team can get hot for a game, even two, and win with a three point shoot barrage like Mia game two. But can't see that 4 times in 7.

Against Orlando its C's in 5. Against Clevland its C's in no more than 6 (one insane Mitchell win, one insane shooting win).

This.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2024, 01:08:49 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
I hope to hell I'm not proven wrong.  There's no way a series with CLE or ORL should be going 7 games.

Honestly I just don't see how either team is going to score enough on the Celtics to make this interesting. You NEED to keep pace offensively with Boston, its you only hope. Neither team has good enough spacing or enough perimeter creation talent to do that.

Any team can get hot for a game, even two, and win with a three point shoot barrage like Mia game two. But can't see that 4 times in 7.

Against Orlando its C's in 5. Against Clevland its C's in no more than 6 (one insane Mitchell win, one insane shooting win).

I’m the opposite. I think Cavs are a better team but also a better match up. I’d prefer them vs going up against Orlando with all their size and extra bodies.

I don’t think either team will win against us but the Magic are a tougher, more draining opp

- LilRip

« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2024, 01:14:32 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 432
Rather face Orlando, their backcourt not that great
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #141 on: May 03, 2024, 02:33:58 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3032
  • On To Banner 18!

I’m the opposite. I think Cavs are a better team but also a better match up. I’d prefer them vs going up against Orlando with all their size and extra bodies.

I don’t think either team will win against us but the Magic are a tougher, more draining opp

My worry with Cleveland is that they have a killer in Mitchell. Mitchell IMO is capable of winning 1 or even 2 games in a series on his own if he goes off. Orlando just doesn't have that player yet.

I still maintain though, there should be no reason any series with ORL/CLE goes a full 7 games.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #142 on: May 03, 2024, 06:32:10 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2977
Rather face Orlando, their backcourt not that great

I think so too. Holiday, white and Jays are too much for them.

« Reply #143 on: May 03, 2024, 09:09:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

My worry with Cleveland is that they have a killer in Mitchell. Mitchell IMO is capable of winning 1 or even 2 games in a series on his own if he goes off. Orlando just doesn't have that player yet.

I still maintain though, there should be no reason any series with ORL/CLE goes a full 7 games.

See tonight. On the road, Mitchell is willing this Cavs team so far, easily the best guy on the court for both squads

« Reply #144 on: May 03, 2024, 09:11:29 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2425
Is Donovan Mitchell the best offensive player in a series against Boston? Better than Tatum?

Tatum the better overall player because of his defense & rebounding but I think D Mitchell is the better offensive player between the two of them.

« Reply #145 on: May 03, 2024, 09:54:19 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Is Donovan Mitchell the best offensive player in a series against Boston? Better than Tatum?

Tatum the better overall player because of his defense & rebounding but I think D Mitchell is the better offensive player between the two of them.

I give Tatum the edge for overall game. Mitchell is probably the best scorer though, yes.

What worries me with a series with CLE is that, there aren't many guys better than the Jaylen-Tatum duo in the East, but Mitchell-Garland isn't too far off. I think we need to hope our secondary guys can play well (especially White + Holiday). Porzingis would have been awesome to have but oh well...

« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2024, 10:08:07 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1035
I just don’t see where Orlando has an advantage. Across the board we are better.

Cleveland has a dynamic guard duo and (assuming Allen is healthy) two impact bigs.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2024, 10:33:19 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767

Depends on what Mitchell you are getting. As impressed as I am by Suggs, I gotta think the Tatum-Brown-White-Holiday group will slow him down more than Suggs-Fultz-Anthony-Wagner.

« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2024, 01:04:28 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Game 3 of the ECF is likely projected to be Saturday or Sunday (May 25-26), which is exactly 3 weeks from today. KP has already been out six days. That might be a realistic timeline for return, it'd be pretty much a full month. We're still more than a month away from the Finals though, which starts June 6.

« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2024, 01:09:51 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1401

Depends on what Mitchell you are getting. As impressed as I am by Suggs, I gotta think the Tatum-Brown-White-Holiday group will slow him down more than Suggs-Fultz-Anthony-Wagner.

I think Tatum has only once had to take 36+ shots to get to 50+...it was when he scored 60 against SA in 2021 where 20-37. He's scored 50+ on 4 other occasions and never had to take that many shots. Personally I hope we're never in a situation where Tatum has to score 50 or take that many shots in a game in these playoffs, because it would mean our team first philosophy has broken down.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D