Author Topic: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?  (Read 29581 times)

Re: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?
« Reply #180 on: June 20, 2019, 05:39:06 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
salary dump Baynes. Renounce free agents. sign Vucevic.  Trade Smart Yabusele and two recently drafted players for Jrue Holiday. 

I could take or leave trading for Holiday because I love Smart. The Vuc thing is a necessity at this point.

« Reply #181 on: June 20, 2019, 05:46:23 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
salary dump Baynes. Renounce free agents. sign Vucevic.  Trade Smart Yabusele and two recently drafted players for Jrue Holiday. 

. The Vuc thing is a necessity at this point.

yup,  or tank it out phily style

« Reply #182 on: June 20, 2019, 05:47:27 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Capela
Tatum
Hayward
Brown
Rubio

« Reply #183 on: June 20, 2019, 06:20:42 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Ideally, both Kyrie and Horford re-sign with the C's and we run it back.

Assuming they both leave:

trade #1
Horford (sign and trade) to the Rockets for Capela

trade #2 (out-of-the-box idea)
Tatum + Rozier (sign and trade) to the Clips for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander + Gallinari + Miami 2021 unprotected first

Imo, SGA is the most promising young PG in the league right now. In all honesty, he may have a higher ceiling than Tatum/Brown.

Not sure whether either team would do it. Quite possibly, both teams say no. I mean, according to rumors, Doc wasn't even willing to include SGA in the recent discussions for AD. Much like Danny and his reluctance to part ways with Tatum.

Personally speaking, I would consider it cause
- I'm super high on SGA
- I don't want us to pay Rozier anyway (especially since we have already re-signed Smart)

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Brown
Hayward
Gallinari
Capela
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 06:42:32 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #184 on: June 20, 2019, 06:40:39 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Idealy, both Kyrie and Horford re-sign with the C's and we run it back.

Someone is not in touch with reality.   They are most likely gone.   If if Kyrie wanted back I would trade him were I Ainge.

« Reply #185 on: June 20, 2019, 08:03:22 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Idk what direction we are going yet. Goga might go top 10 now and team is shopping Baynes. A FA big might be brought in.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 08:14:39 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #186 on: June 20, 2019, 08:23:25 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
Ideally, both Kyrie and Horford re-sign with the C's and we run it back.

Assuming they both leave:

trade #1
Horford (sign and trade) to the Rockets for Capela

trade #2 (out-of-the-box idea)
Tatum + Rozier (sign and trade) to the Clips for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander + Gallinari + Miami 2021 unprotected first

Imo, SGA is the most promising young PG in the league right now. In all honesty, he may have a higher ceiling than Tatum/Brown.

Not sure whether either team would do it. Quite possibly, both teams say no. I mean, according to rumors, Doc wasn't even willing to include SGA in the recent discussions for AD. Much like Danny and his reluctance to part ways with Tatum.

Personally speaking, I would consider it cause
- I'm super high on SGA
- I don't want us to pay Rozier anyway (especially since we have already re-signed Smart)

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Brown
Hayward
Gallinari
Capela

supposedly SGA was who we would have used the pick we traded for KI

« Reply #187 on: June 20, 2019, 08:43:52 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
C: Steven Adams
PF: Gordon Hayward
SF: Jayson Tatum
SG: Jaylen Brown
PG: Marcus Smart

Idk about the bench yet
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #188 on: June 20, 2019, 08:44:40 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Idk about the bench yet

i am right there with ya!

« Reply #189 on: June 21, 2019, 07:16:33 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I know what I would have done:

I'd have drafted very differently: #14 Little, #20 Fernando, #22 Windler and #51 Jontay Porter

Sign Julius Randle for 80/4 (or a bit more). Trading Baynes I'm fine with. Let Rozier and Morris walk. Re-sign Wanamaker and Theis to small contracts as experienced bench players. Release Yabusele. We'd need an extra point guard, but not much cap space/exceptions left. Pick up Emmanuel Mudiay?

PG: Marcus Smart, Emmanuel Mudiay, Brad Wanamaker
SG: Jaylen Brown, Dylan Windler, PJ Dozier
SF: Jayson Tatum, Gordon Hayward, Semi Ojeleye
PF: Julius Randle, Nassir Little, Daniel Theis
C: Bruno Fernando, Robert Williams, Jontay Porter

Super young team, but at least we'd have added a lot of talent.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 07:22:30 AM by RodyTur10 »

« Reply #190 on: June 21, 2019, 08:10:19 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Idk about the bench yet

i am right there with ya!

Yeah, I'd be delighted with that too.

« Reply #191 on: June 21, 2019, 08:16:30 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
Another team I'd like - a Vucevic option

G: Rozier, Smart
F: Jaylen, Langford
F: Tatum, Hayward
F: Grant Williams, (Hayward)
C: Vucevic, (FA - Noel?)

I also think Rozier could fit back in here if Vucevic was signed and with Grant Williams in a big role. Two bigs who can pass and facilitate the offense to help hide Rozier's limitations as a playmaker. Rozier gives them a scorer. Some more quickness.

I don't think Vucevic is a strong enough defender to allow Hayward to start at PF. Unlike Stevens Adams who is good enough to do so. That is why I would start Grant Williams. Even if only in a 20-25mpg role (but as a starter rather than bench player). With Hayward as the 6th man.

I like Grant Williams as a glue guy next to Vucevic because of his defense and physical toughness. I also think having a shooter of Vucevic's caliber allows Williams freedom to be effective offensively while Williams continues to develop his own outside shot.

If Rozier did come back, Smart moves back to being a bench player also. That gives Boston two strong bench players in Smart and Hayward. Two guys who bring something completely different to the team off the bench than the guys in the starting lineup.

If no Rozier, just sign a different PG in Free agency.

« Reply #192 on: June 21, 2019, 08:24:52 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

I also think Rozier could fit back in here if Vucevic was signed and with Grant Williams in a big role. Two bigs who can pass and facilitate the offense to help hide Rozier's limitations as a playmaker. Rozier gives them a scorer. Some more quickness.

I don't think Vucevic is a strong enough defender to allow Hayward to start at PF. Unlike Stevens Adams who is good enough to do so. That is why I would start Grant Williams. Even if only in a 20-25mpg role (but as a starter rather than bench player). With Hayward as the 6th man.

I like Grant Williams as a glue guy next to Vucevic because of his defense and physical toughness. I also think having a shooter of Vucevic's caliber allows Williams freedom to be effective offensively while Williams continues to develop his own outside shot.

If Rozier did come back, Smart moves back to being a bench player also. That gives Boston two strong bench players in Smart and Hayward. Two guys who bring something completely different to the team off the bench than the guys in the starting lineup.

Who is going to pass the ball to vucevic?

« Reply #193 on: June 21, 2019, 08:26:49 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

It may be the best we can do.  If we sign Vuc or trade for Adams I don’t think we’ll have the room to upgrade Rozier like what some people want Russell.  Not a given we can pull off a trade for Adams either.

My question though is why wouldn’t the Magic want him back?  The Magic came on very strong to finish the season 22-9. Maybe they just to embrace the rebuild for yet another year lol. Also I imagine there will be other teams that want him too, and there are plenty of teams with cap space.

« Reply #194 on: June 21, 2019, 08:28:33 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith

Who is going to pass the ball to vucevic?

I do not understand the Rozier doesn't pass the ball comments.

Rozier passes the ball. He just isn't creative with his passing. They are just sideways passes. Lateral passes that accomplish little. But he does share the ball. Give others opportunities to play.

Edit: Rozier made 40.3 passes per game in 22.7mpg last season. Kyrie made 51.3 passes in 33mpg. Horford made 42.9 passes in 29mpg. Smart 36.2 passes in 27.5mpg. Those were the 4 most prolific passers on the team last season. Rozier shares the ball. He just doesn't create much with his passing but he does pass it.