Author Topic: 4 next games  (Read 2925 times)

4 next games
« on: November 12, 2019, 07:48:30 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
4 must win games ahead.. wizards home suns warriors fox-less kings are all games that can be won easily.. hope to see Tatum step up because he was bad against the mavs

Re: 4 next games
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 07:49:53 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I would not include Suns in this group.

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 07:56:34 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I mentioned before the SA game if they could tough it out and beat the Texas teams, that the Celtics could walk into LA at 12-1 to face the Clippers. I was good naturedly chided that I probably jinxed them but so far....nope.😁

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 08:10:40 AM »

Offline Vox_Populi

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 346
I mentioned before the SA game if they could tough it out and beat the Texas teams, that the Celtics could walk into LA at 12-1 to face the Clippers. I was good naturedly chided that I probably jinxed them but so far....nope.😁
Phoenix will be very tough, especially since it feels like Booker always torches this team. Clippers should definitely have George and Kawhi back by then, so I'm not expecting much.

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 08:52:19 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
With smart and JB they should certainly make booker work.  It is Ayton and baynes that we don't have such a good answer for.  Add in Saric and Kaminsky and that is a tall frontcourt, all with some ability to score.  They are suprising some good teams this year.  I expect a good battle there.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 08:54:43 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
With smart and JB they should certainly make booker work.  It is Ayton and baynes that we don't have such a good answer for.  Add in Saric and Kaminsky and that is a tall frontcourt, all with some ability to score.  They are suprising some good teams this year.  I expect a good battle there.
Ayton is suspended for PEDs for another 20 games or so and Kaminsky is trash.

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 08:55:35 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Ayton is out so at least we'll be able to play Theis at C when they're going small with Frank the Tank. We'll probably use Smart to guard Saric and Kaminsky, he had success in guarding the two in the past. I think we'll still go with our current starting 5 of Walker/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Theis unless Aron "Tippy-Toe" Baynes feasts on Theis, then we'll probably play Kanter or Robert Williams.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 08:59:46 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Frank the Tank has been surprisingly solid for the Suns so far. His shooting is always a plus when it comes to spacing the floor as well as giving the team a reliable outside threat in the big man position, and his passing has been pretty [dang] good (I've watched a couple of Suns games, and his conversion rate of good passes was pretty decent from what I've seen. He's a pretty additive piece for the Suns right now, and I expect him to be serviceable against us on Thursday morning.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 09:05:02 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Frank the Tank has been surprisingly solid for the Suns so far. His shooting is always a plus when it comes to spacing the floor as well as giving the team a reliable outside threat in the big man position,
Uh he's shooting 15% from 3 and has begun to take the Draymond Green approach to passing them up.

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 09:07:28 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The entire west coast road trip is a big test of this team. They are likely to lose one of those games and I am interested in how they bounce back.

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 09:47:01 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
The Suns are a legit good team. They are top 10 in both offensive and defensive rating. That game is a second night of a back to back coming off the Kings game. Thats a really tough game.

Really the next six are three the C's should win (vs WAS, @GSW, @SAC) and three that will be very tough (@PHO, @LAC, @DEN).

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 10:22:19 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The entire west coast road trip is a big test of this team. They are likely to lose one of those games and I am interested in how they bounce back.

3-2 on that trip would be a really good outcome to me.  Warriors/Kings/Suns/Clippers/Nuggets with the last 4 in a 6 day span is no joke, even with the Bizarro Warriors and no Fox.

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 10:26:27 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
Frank the Tank has been surprisingly solid for the Suns so far. His shooting is always a plus when it comes to spacing the floor as well as giving the team a reliable outside threat in the big man position,
Uh he's shooting 15% from 3 and has begun to take the Draymond Green approach to passing them up.
Teams have still been closing out on his threes though. Apologies for missing his atrocious shooting percentages, I had no idea that they were that bad in the games I watched (he was decent in those games). I guess it's time for Tippy-Toe Baynes to play heavy minutes against us! :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 11:24:52 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
The Suns are a legit good team. They are top 10 in both offensive and defensive rating. That game is a second night of a back to back coming off the Kings game. Thats a really tough game.

Really the next six are three the C's should win (vs WAS, @GSW, @SAC) and three that will be very tough (@PHO, @LAC, @DEN).

Shouldn't we and every other team play the Clippers and Lakers back to back...to avoid extra travel and global warming and save energy and all that crap?!

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 11:25:44 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Ayton is out and Baynes is coming back to the Celtics in a suitcase...