Author Topic: Wager TPs on the over/under for our lottery draft position?  (Read 6348 times)

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Since we have wagered TPs before on various propositions (some of us got cleaned out a few years ago) championships being the main proposition, I'd like to propose TP wagering on the lottery next week.

We followed the Brooklyn and Dallas picks all year with voluminous threads. The interest is there and the feelings about this lottery are high.

Neurotic Guy's thread inspired me to proffer this lottery TP wagering idea.

He sums up my feelings well in his  "1986, 1997, 2007, 2016" thread well:

Now again C's fans sit on the precipice of a possible franchise changing lottery. With DA I have confidence that he'll make some lemonade out of whatever lemon we get, but I am still dreading that deflated feeling that I felt in the immediate aftermath of the '97 and '07 lotteries. It was brutal.....All I know is that a system based purely on luck will be a driving influence on my mood for at least a short while after May 17th.

So do you feel lucky for the C's?...I do.

I propose the over/under to be 3. If the Cs end up picking third, it's a push, no TPs are lost or gained.

If you choose the under, i.e us picking 1st or 2nd, given that the odds of picking #1 or #2 are 31.3%, wagering 3 TPs get you 10 TPs and multiples thereof. So if I bet 30 TPs, I'd get 100 if i win and lose 30 if I lose.

Since the combined odds of picking the over (#4, 5, 6) is 53.1 %, that's close to even money, so wagering any number of TPs gets you that same number of TPs back. 30 gets you 30 and so on..

Anybody interested? Any mod interested in administering this? I'll help.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:10:45 PM by csfansince60s »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Ha the saddest thing is that I saw this and had a knee jerk reaction of "TPs are sacred!  People gambling with them is messing everything up" and then I realized how amazingly ridiculous that sounds.  Stupid internet points mess with my internal rewards systems wayyyy too much

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Ha the saddest thing is that I saw this and had a knee jerk reaction of "TPs are sacred!  People gambling with them is messing everything up" and then I realized how amazingly ridiculous that sounds.  Stupid internet points mess with my internal rewards systems wayyyy too much
I kinda felt like this too lol.

On a side note, my gut is telling me Phoenix is getting a top 2 pick, and that by winning some games and swapping positions with Brooklyn towards the end of the season, they ended up doing themselves a favor.

Edit: that's not a wager lol. Just a feeling.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 09:14:32 PM by alldaboston »
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I lost all my TPs wagering for the 2010 championship.

game 7 was brutal

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

game 7 was brutal

I'm sorry! :(
Here's one back!
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

game 7 was brutal

I was right there with you pal, and so were many others.

TPs to everyone who responds.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas

Hard earned, they are sometimes, but what  better to wage them on?  Next Tuesday could be a watershed moment for this franchise.… Getting skunked in this lottery will feel a lot worse than losing hundreds of Tommy Points.

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Ha! If this would actually happen, I could see a ton of people betting and it being a TON of work to give out all the TPs. lol It's a cool idea, though. I think it'd be fun.

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
Ha! If this would actually happen, I could see a ton of people betting and it being a TON of work to give out all the TPs. lol It's a cool idea, though. I think it'd be fun.

TP, it would be a huge amount of work.

Maybe I can simplify it with some conditions on the betting.

1. You've got to be brave and positive. YOU CAN ONLY BET THE UNDER, THAT OUR Cs get  one of the top two picks.  (Really, if your a Cs fan, why bet on anything else?)

2. For every 3 TPs that you wager, you get 10.

3. With 3 being the over/under, if we get #3, it's a push.

I'm ready to wager 300 of my hard-earned TPs to win 1000. Who's with me?

Go Cs !!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:12:35 PM by csfansince60s »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

game 7 was brutal

I was right there with you pal, and so were many others.

TPs to everyone who responds.

I lost mine in 2010 and 2011 (bets were made before playoffs in '11!). Not to mention the times when there were various new sites created in the mid-2000s. I just have to pretend that TPs don't exist anymore as mine are totally embarrassing.

I'm out of this bet  :o

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Since we have wagered TPs before on various propositions (some of us got cleaned out a few years ago) championships being the main proposition, I'd like to propose TP wagering on the lottery next week.

We followed the Brooklyn and Dallas picks all year with voluminous threads. The interest is there and the feelings about this lottery are high.

Now again C's fans sit on the precipice of a possible franchise changing lottery. With DA I have confidence that he'll make some lemonade out of whatever lemon we get, but I am still dreading that deflated feeling that I felt in the immediate aftermath of the '97 and '07 lotteries. It was brutal.....All I know is that a system based purely on luck will be a driving influence on my mood for at least a short while after May 17th.

I propose the over/under to be 3. If the Cs end up picking third, it's a push, no TPs are lost or gained.

If you choose the under, i.e us picking 1st or 2nd, given that the odds of picking #1 or #2 are 31.3%, wagering 3 TPs get you 10 TPs and multiples thereof. So if I bet 30 TPs, I'd get 100 if i win and lose 30 if I lose.

Since the combined odds of picking the over (#4, 5, 6) is 53.1 %, that's close to even money, so wagering any number of TPs gets you that same number of TPs back. 30 gets you 30 and so on..

If you do the calculating, I'll do the TP dishing out.

I'll start the betting by wagering all of my TPs on the Celts getting the #1 pick.

Any of you chicken bleeps bet on anything less then shame on you!

8)
Yup

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

If you do the calculating, I'll do the TP dishing out.

I'll start the betting by wagering all of my TPs on the Celts getting the #1 pick.

Any of you chicken bleeps bet on anything less then shame on you!

8)
and a tp for your confidence....which of course also makes any possible fall even steeper. good luck to you and the celtics!!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I got 20 TPs on #2
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Yup

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437
I'll take the under (1 or 2) and put 30 TP's on that. This is a fun idea!
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler