Author Topic: Your ideal 2015 draft?  (Read 8761 times)

Re: Your ideal 2015 draft?
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2015, 08:55:23 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
If we hit the top 3 lotto:
Stanley Johnson
D'Angelo Russell
Emmanuel Mudiay

Our 1st:

Willie Cauley-Stein
Montrezl Harrell
Justin Winslow
Kelly Oubre

Clips pick:

Dakari Johnson
Cliff Alexander
Frank Kaminski

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2015, 09:10:04 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I am still really down with Aleksandar Vezenkov or Kenan Sipahi with our second round picks.  I know we don't need a PG, but Sipahi looks really good.  I think the Europeans are catching up fast and there will be a couple years soon where a smart team will draft a bunch of kids from over there and get a huge advantage from of it.  I am not sure when that will be because they haven't caught up yet, but it's coming.

Also I really don't want Kevon Looney.  That would be such a disappointment, I'd rather get blown out in the playoffs by 20 points a game than draft him.  Ugh 

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2015, 09:14:13 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
WCS or Miles Turner.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 09:16:10 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Pie in the sky
Karl Anthony Towns Jr falls to 7.

Our pick 7-11
Myles Turner, Kelly Oubre, Justise Winslow, Mario Hezonja in that order

Mid lotto Trade Target
Jacob Poetl, Kristpas Porzingis(agree that he could fall but shouldn't) Trey Lyles(think he's going to rise if he comes out)

Clips pick 22-25
Sam Dekker, Justin Anderson, Dakari Johnson, Caris Lavert

6ers Second Rounder
Aleksandr Vezenkov

Our Second Rounder 
Rakeem Christmas

If we miss on Okafor/Towns and pass on Turner there's no other Center other than Jacob Poetl or Dakari Johnson I'd take. WCS may not want to play basketball. In this post Josh Gordon/ Larry Sanders world I'm not touching Upshaw with a ten foot pole.

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 09:25:39 PM »

Offline jonaslopes

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
Is Jakob Poeltl declaring? I thought he was coming only in 2016, but DraftExpress now includes him this year.
It's nice seeing him get exposed as overrated after having argued with fellow fans for years that he was overrated.. but I don't hate him. I'm looking forward to seeing him [...] bounce around to a couple more teams... eventually come back to Boston[...] and helps us as a role player until he runs himself out of the league.
LarBrd33 on Rondo

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 09:42:35 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
In left to right order(1st preference - last preference)

lottery: okafor, towns, russell, johnson, mudiay 

our pick 7-11 (if not lottery): kristaps porzingis, kelly oubre, myles turner(higher or lower depending on injury concerns), kevon looney, mario hezonja

clippers pick 22-25: Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Trey Lyles, Dakari Johnson, Guillermo Hernangomez, George Lucas

76ers second rounder: George Lucas, dakari  johnson , Guillermo Hernangomez, mouhamddou jaiteh,
our second rounder:  George Lucas, dakari Johnson, Guillermo Hernangomez, mouhamddou jaiteh, kaleb  Tarczewski

(didnt really put the heart and thought in our seonder since i didnt really see any sleepers from where our pick is)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:00:53 PM by BornReady »

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 09:38:08 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Is Jakob Poeltl declaring? I thought he was coming only in 2016, but DraftExpress now includes him this year.

Not sure honestly, I've felt like the mocks have been ignoring him and Trey Lyles for a while. Both are going to be impossible to ignore if they do decide to come out.

I feel like Lyles has things to gain by coming back for a larger role next year, Poetl is already a key piece and driving defensive force on a tournament team.

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2015, 04:49:35 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
Ideal to me would be to get a top 3 pick and snag Towns. I think he's gonna be a beast. In the 8-12 range, I'd love to get a guy like Stanley Johnson. I'm not as sold on Cauley-Stein. I think he'll be a fine backup center, but the Celtics have a fine young backup center in Zeller. I'd prefer higher upside guys like Johnson, Looney, Porzingis, Winslow, Portis (not a high upside guy but to me a starter in the NBA) or Turner. Later on, I like Justin Anderson, Cliff Alexander and RJ Hunter. I'd take a second round gamble on Dakari Johnson if he's around.

It's tough, because I always prefer to take the best player available but this team needs so much frontcourt help I want them to fill in those spots with at least some potential future players. I think the guard rotation is okay moving forward unless you get somebody who blows you out of the water (i.e., the Celtics get the 3rd pick and the choice is Russell or Mudiay) but the Celtics to me don't have a legit starting frontcourt player. Olynyk, Sullinger, Crowder and Zeller are all backups. If anybody had interest in Sullinger, I'd love to use that as bait to move up with the Clippers pick though that ship keeps sailing unfortunately. 
Go Celtics.

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2015, 10:04:19 PM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
Package the celtics+clippers pick to get Porzingis. With so many draft picks, I think we should take the risk as I feel his upside(top3 in my book) is worth it. Picking ~32 is as much of a gutshot as picking ~22 and the 2nd rounders do have a better contract structure, I therefore dont mind giving away the clippers pick to trade up.
I am also high on Hezonja and hope we can get him in case Porzingis is unavailable.

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2015, 10:12:23 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Emmanuel Mudiay and Trey Lyles

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 10:22:01 PM »

Offline jacigar

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 9
If we stay about where we are now . Bos 8-12 LAC 23-25 PHIL 32/33 BOS 38-42
Steal of the draft F/C  Portis(Arkansas )with pick 8-12. With LAC  pick PG Jones or H.Jefferson SF PIck 32/33 D Johnson C and like many of you I like Vezenkov sf/sg at 38-42 Portis has the size and reach to play Center ,if not he would be great fill in for Sullinger. Johnson may develop into a good rim protector. Vezenkov may turn into a very good player. Worth a r2 pick.

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 10:48:28 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I really like the internationals at the top of the draft. Porzingis especially I think is possibly the third or fourth best prospect in the draft, but he might be available in the late single digits. I'd compare him to Chris Bosh, although he still has a lot to prove. Hezonja also looks awesome, but I doubt he slips past #6 - he's such a prototypically good wing prospect, length, athleticism, shooting.

I also agree about Winslow. He has similar strengths as Jae Crowder, plus upside.

Also as to the Clips pick, I haven't been watching those guys too closely but Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is someone I liked last year and he might be available in our range.

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2015, 11:21:56 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
I really like the internationals at the top of the draft. Porzingis especially I think is possibly the third or fourth best prospect in the draft, but he might be available in the late single digits. I'd compare him to Chris Bosh, although he still has a lot to prove. Hezonja also looks awesome, but I doubt he slips past #6 - he's such a prototypically good wing prospect, length, athleticism, shooting.

I also agree about Winslow. He has similar strengths as Jae Crowder, plus upside.

Also as to the Clips pick, I haven't been watching those guys too closely but Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is someone I liked last year and he might be available in our range.

I like the Bosh comparison although I think Zingis is going to be a much better rim protector. Hezonja is going to be a bust

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2015, 11:43:53 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Picking either WCS or S. Johnson with our pick and using our extra picks and/or players to move up and grab whoever we didn't get with our pick.

Or getting WCS and getting Butler this offseason since Rose is down again.

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 12:54:14 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
stein or johnson or turner with the first
i want d. Johnson or upshaw with a second round pick