Author Topic: Embiid to the celtics (ESPN Mock)  (Read 13785 times)

Re: Embiid to the celtics (ESPN Mock)
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 01:24:39 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Agreed, and worth piggybacking on to make a related point:

I'd feel much better about taking him with #6 than with #17. If he falls that far, that means there's some serious risk.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2014, 01:28:03 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I think he falls to 6.

When it's money time most these guys won't have the guts to use a top five pick on him when there are other prospects with all star potential. Ainge will have a decision to make.

Doubtful anyone trades up. The only way you trade out of the top 8 is for another top 8 pick or all star. No one is trading an all star for embiid.

Cleveland and Milwaukee are taking Parker and wiggins. Milwaukee already said embiid is off the board and Cleveland wants to win now.

Philly just went through this with Noel and exum is too good to pass up. Orlando has been tanking for two years and need to start showing progress. Drafting a guy who will miss his entire rookie year won't do that and Vonleh is too nice a prospect to pass on.

Utah has already done the whole wait on a big man to develop thing with kanter. Not only is embiid going to miss a full year but he's a raw big man who was a project. Albeit a talented project with lots of potential.

Embiid will be there at 6.

Embiid at 6 and saric at 17 would be interesting for the long term.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2014, 01:28:41 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Ford has us taking Embiid #6 and Saric #17...

He's straight up trolling Celtic fans.  Either that or he's in cahoots with Ainge and this is an effort to increase the value of those two picks.   There's no way we get Embiid and Saric.   I have a feeling this ends up being a brutally disappointing draft... No Love, No Embiid, No Saric...

We prob just take Gordon 6th, someone ok at #17... and that's it.

So because of your feeling it means someone like Ford is wrong. Getting those two is pretty realistic now.
Embiid falling to 6 isn't realistic.  He'll be gone by 4

Do you have any reasons why he'll be gone by 4?
By far the best prospect in the draft... injury or no injury.  Jalen Rose says Cleveland should still take him #1.  Philly will snatch him up.  If not Philly, Orlando will snatch him up.  Absolute worst-case scenario, he goes #5 to Utah... who them trades him + additional assets for #1.  If only to get a team like Boston or LA to give up additional assets to move up, I can't see Embiid falling to #6.  He'll be gone before pick 6.

I agree with you that he is by far the best prospect in this draft but where I disagree is he won?t fall???  If I was an owner of a team, I would not give any GM an approval to draft someone with significant injury concerns without our doctors giving him an approval, it?s just bad business.  His Agent is in control of this situation, Embiid will end up in Boston or LA on Thursday night?.IMO...

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2014, 01:29:57 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Ford has us taking Embiid #6 and Saric #17...

He's straight up trolling Celtic fans.  Either that or he's in cahoots with Ainge and this is an effort to increase the value of those two picks.   There's no way we get Embiid and Saric.   I have a feeling this ends up being a brutally disappointing draft... No Love, No Embiid, No Saric...

We prob just take Gordon 6th, someone ok at #17... and that's it.

So because of your feeling it means someone like Ford is wrong. Getting those two is pretty realistic now.
Embiid falling to 6 isn't realistic.  He'll be gone by 4

Do you have any reasons why he'll be gone by 4?
By far the best prospect in the draft... injury or no injury.  Jalen Rose says Cleveland should still take him #1.  Philly will snatch him up.  If not Philly, Orlando will snatch him up.  Absolute worst-case scenario, he goes #5 to Utah... who them trades him + additional assets for #1.  If only to get a team like Boston or LA to give up additional assets to move up, I can't see Embiid falling to #6.  He'll be gone before pick 6.
I'm with you don't see Embiid falling that far, have a feeling the Magic will swoop him. I mean they don't care about winning NOW they purposely tanked last year and they'll do it again it's not like they are going to make any noise in the playoffs.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2014, 01:35:13 PM »

Offline DraftSmart33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Funny, if you told me Embiid and Saric a month ago I would have overjoyed and now I can't think of a more depressing draft.  Emiid sidelined at least a full year, but likely more, and Saric who according to Chad Ford has signed up for a 3 year deal overseas.  Hard for me to look forward to 2017.

I don't mind if the C's have struggles but it sure would be nice to have some youth to watch develop while we collect our losses.

#6 should be Smart or Gordon or Vonleh
#17 should be TJ Warren or PJ Hairston

Just my two cents..

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2014, 01:38:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Funny, if you told me Embiid and Saric a month ago I would have overjoyed and now I can't think of a more depressing draft.  Emiid sidelined at least a full year, but likely more, and Saric who according to Chad Ford has signed up for a 3 year deal overseas.  Hard for me to look forward to 2017.

I don't mind if the C's have struggles but it sure would be nice to have some youth to watch develop while we collect our losses.

#6 should be Smart or Gordon or Vonleh
#17 should be TJ Warren or PJ Hairston

Just my two cents..
Combined with the potential to trade Rondo for a top 10 pick, I would be very excited about a draft that got us Embiid and Saric.  I don't mind waiting a few years.  We aren't winning a title anytime soon anyways.  Our 3.5 year window was nice, but it sure would be nice to put together one of them San Antonio-esque 17 year windows, wouldn't it?

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2014, 02:48:59 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Two years ago I was happy with marshon Brooks.  We traded for jjj:(.  The year before I wanted arnett moultrie, we picked sully:).  Last year, I wanted gorgi deng, we got olynyk:|.  This year I'd like #6-Aron Gordon.  Trade rondo to la or sac and get Marcus smart.  #17-tj Warren.  We have a great chance to build a solid young core and I hope that's what Danny is thinking too:/

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2014, 02:59:51 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
it sure would be nice to put together one of them San Antonio-esque 17 year windows, wouldn't it?

Which won't happen if Embiid stays hurt and Saric is, at best, another Tiago Splitter-Euro who everybody gets excited about and only turns out to be "just" a good player.

Mike

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2014, 03:20:11 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
it sure would be nice to put together one of them San Antonio-esque 17 year windows, wouldn't it?

Which won't happen if Embiid stays hurt and Saric is, at best, another Tiago Splitter-Euro who everybody gets excited about and only turns out to be "just" a good player.

Mike
I'd take my chances with Embiid and his 4-6 month injury.  If he's really only out that long, he'll be back within the first few months of the season.

But really, if I were you I wouldn't worry about it.  Boston isn't getting Embiid unless they re-do the lottery drawing.

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2014, 03:22:30 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Mike
I'd take my chances with Embiid and his 4-6 month injury.  If he's really only out that long, he'll be back within the first few months of the season.

But really, if I were you I wouldn't worry about it.  Boston isn't getting Embiid unless they re-do the lottery drawing.

There's still a chance that Celtics could land with Embiid. It's a deep draft so don't surprised If Embiid drops.

« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Mike

There's still a chance that Celtics could land with Embiid. It's a deep draft so don't surprised If Embiid drops.
I would be VERY surprised if Embiid drops that far.

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2014, 03:44:55 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I wouldn't a big who has back problems and just had a stress fracture that needed surgery means red flags. It's deep draft I don't think the top 4 teams picking would take a gamble on a big who is riddled  with injuries.

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2014, 03:46:46 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I would be VERY surprised if Embiid drops that far.

I won't be. If his agent really is only letting certain teams see his medical records, I think he could fall. It's one thing for a team to take a calculated risk with a pick when they have all the information, it's another thing for a team to use a high lottery pick to draft a talented but injury risk laden big man without knowing the full scope of his health.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2014, 03:47:42 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
I wouldn't a big who has back problems and just had a stress fracture that needed surgery means red flags. It's deep draft I don't think the top 4 teams picking would take a gamble on a big who is riddled  with injuries.
The experts claimed he was by far the best prospect.  The clear #1 pick.  The injury will be enough to drop him out of the #1 position, but no way he falls all the way to #6 unless the medical reports paint the picture of a player who will never be the same.

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2014, 03:48:50 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
The experts claimed he was by far the best prospect.  The clear #1 pick.  The injury will be enough to drop him out of the #1 position, but no way he falls all the way to #6 unless the medical reports paint the picture of a player who will never be the same.

That's how I've been seeing it.  If he's available at #6, something is very wrong medically.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team