Author Topic: Zack Lavine sets LAL record 46"vertical  (Read 4932 times)

Zack Lavine sets LAL record 46"vertical
« on: June 06, 2014, 09:04:49 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20140604/nba-draft-uclas-zach-lavine-sets-lakers-pre-draft-workout-record-with-46-inch-vertical-jump

Just a few weeks after jumping 41.5, he set the Lakers draft workout record with a jump of 46". This was news to me so I thought I would share it with all of you.

Re: Zack Lavine sets LAL record 46"vertical
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 09:13:14 PM »

• Ray Allen
Oh and I do accept Tommy Points 8)

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 09:51:46 PM »

Offline NorthernLightning

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • zap
Yeah I don't know why the Combine only allows two steps for its "max" vert test. Nick Johnson is another guy who can get up into the 45"+ range with more than 2 steps.

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 10:36:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
And.......

He still absolutely sucked and was riding major pine on a college team from mid January on last year. He was a star playing against the inferior opponents UCLA played to start the season but once they got into the PAC 10 schedule and the tournament, he was not good.

46" vertical aren't impressive if you can't play the game.

I would take Anderson and his unathletic game over LaVine and his vertical every day of the week.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 10:56:26 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
And.......

He still absolutely sucked and was riding major pine on a college team from mid January on last year. He was a star playing against the inferior opponents UCLA played to start the season but once they got into the PAC 10 schedule and the tournament, he was not good.

46" vertical aren't impressive if you can't play the game.

I would take Anderson and his unathletic game over LaVine and his vertical every day of the week.

Agree 100%. Although I think Anderson will be a bum in the NBA also. But I would take him over Lavine.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 11:22:25 PM »

Offline McHales Pits

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 175
Agree. I hate when people get all excited over these hyper-athletic players that have no aptitude for the game. I would be beyond shocked if he sticks in the NBA.
2013 CB Draft Champions*: Minnesota Timberwolves
DKC League: Washington Wizards

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 11:43:27 PM »

• Ray Allen
Sorry if I gave that impression. I just wanted to help inform celticsbloggers on some new info on a player some outlets have falling to us/ us selecting him.

For anyone wanting more info on Zack Lavine than just his vertical I highly suggest:
http://search.draftexpress.com/profile/Zach-LaVine-7153/
Theres an interview in which he is asked about why he did not excel for the whole season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myt7Hg8s4uw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibdbx7tGtXQ

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 12:35:44 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Agree. I hate when people get all excited over these hyper-athletic players that have no aptitude for the game. I would be beyond shocked if he sticks in the NBA.
you must be thinking of our good friend kedrick brown. anyone want to draft him?

here is the draft report review on him....

2001 Scouting Report:

Strengths: Super athletic player posses a 45-inch vertical is a threat to catch ally-oops in transition ... Strong NBA ready body was strong enough in Junior College to play in the paint ... Excellent finisher on the fast break lets his athleticism take control along with his good body control ... Can create shots for himself off the dribble doesn't really need a point guard to set him up ... Creates mismatches thanks to his versatile inside outside game as he is too strong for most small forwards and to fast for power forwards ... Plays very good defense blessed with quick hands and has wonderful leaping ability making him a threat to block shots and steal the ball ... Very good rebounder due to his leaping ability which makes it very hard to keep him off the boards ... Descent passer although by no means Lamar Odom ... Shot selection is above average considering his game experience ...

you can read more at http://www.thedraftreview.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1033
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 12:54:27 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He can jump but he is Gerald Green the second coming.

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 01:30:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He can jump but he is Gerald Green the second coming.

well thats not really a bad thing. Especially if he doesn't take too long to play like the GG we see today

Lavine is going to get drafted much higher than people think.  I doubt the Celts will take a chance at him at 6 but the Lakers might at 7. Lavine needs more time and to put on 15 pounds of muscle to be a really decent player in the nba.

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 01:37:00 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
It?s a little early to begin our tradition unlike any other, MUSCLEWATCH, where we keep an interested eye on the increasing size of various NBA players, who seem to perpetually inflate each summer by 10-15 pounds of muscle.

http://allball.blogs.nba.com/category/musclewatch/
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 01:56:10 AM »

Offline CM0

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24

People forget that these guys are being drafted to a basketball team and not a crossfit team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns6YSvCsVJM

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 07:56:51 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
If he really does play like Westbrook like some have mentioned then I would be ok to take him at 6.

He reminds me more like Jayson Williams (from Sacramento Kings/Miami Heat).

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
no way we draft him at 6 lol

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 08:50:32 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
I see no stud out there after the projected top 3 draft prospects (Embiid, Wiggins, Randle) anyway.

At least Zach is a very tall, quick, athletic and energetic PG. A very good prospect to play combo guard.