Author Topic: Worse we can pick is 9th and 20th  (Read 2318 times)

Worse we can pick is 9th and 20th
« on: March 21, 2014, 01:41:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
And likely best without Winning the lottery is 4th and 18th.

4th bc  these bum teams, like Orlando, Bucks and especially the 76rs don't look like they will win another game this season.  Other better teams like the Pelicans are shutting down Anthony Davis here and there due to "spasms" and crap like that.  Teams like the Pistons, Cavs who were playing well late last month, early this month are suddenly going on long losing streaks.

In April , every win will kill your hopes in drafting higher. Celtics right now are playing some pretty decent basketball. We are still losing, but the games are coming close and no doubt we will prob win several more.  Now 9th place is the absolute worse case where we go near 500 for the rest of the season and teams like the Pistons, Cavs rarely win again.

We all know who the likely top 3 picks are going to be. 4th a good chance it will be Exum. But from 5-9 it will be a mystery of how things will unravel. Even with our 2nd 1st, guys are ranked all of the place with some 2nd rounder placed in one mock draft, placed in the 15-20 in another.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:57:22 PM by triboy16f »

Re: Worse we can pick is 9th and 20th
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 02:07:32 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
using draft express 9th and 20th would be

#9 Saric #20 Harrell

nothing to get super excited about but both should be solid pros. I worry about Saric coming to the USA anytime soon.

using draft express to show availability I would go with

#9 McDermott, potential for growth not there but he will produce (whole threat on him)

#20 Seldon, this is a tough spot to pick. there are a bunch of high potenial but low production players available. If it wasn't for KO and Sully I would prob pick Payne he is NBA ready and has a great PF skill set.

I think DA will look to trade if he ends up with anything outside of #5 for a 26-28yr old vet and then will use the Nets pick to add 2/3 depth. Hoping a player like Stauskas, Hood, Warren or Hairston are available.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 02:23:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
if that is the worst, then i am happy since some serious talent will be around at both picks.

more likely, given the competition and remaining games, is the celtics having choices in the 5-8 range and 17-20 range.

at this stage, i enjoy watching the younger players, but i am also about ready to move on with this season and find out exactly what the basketball gods will give the celtics in the lottery.

at #6, celtics have a 21.5% chance of getting a top 3 pick.

at #7, celtics would have a 15% chance of a top 3 pick.

even at #8, the celtics have a 10% chance of getting into the top 3. not great, but not negligible.

may i suggest that all of CB begin rooting around their gardens in hopes of finding a number of 4 leave clovers?  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 02:25:37 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The celtics could still win their way to the 11th worst record, and fall further after the lottery.

The bottom 10 lottery teams are really bad. I dont trust the likes of Detroit, Cleveland, etc.

Let's keep powering that tank to the finish line. We have suffered so long, too long, to let it slip away now.

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 02:39:54 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Let's keep powering that tank to the finish line. We have suffered so long, too long, to let it slip away now.

Please tell me that was sarcasm and not a ridiculous sense of entitlement.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 02:44:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I've said this elsewhere -- at this point, I'm focusing on guys who could fall in the 5-9 range.  Hopefully that means we get one of Smart, Exum, Gordon, or Vonleh. 

If we get really lucky and fall into the top 3, that's icing on the cake, but I'm assuming it won't happen.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 02:45:28 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I think it was tongue in cheek.  Obviously us Celtics fans have nothing on fans in Sacramento or Charlotte.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 02:54:32 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
If I was drafting, at 9th I'd be looking at a tough call between Rodney Hood, Gary Harris or if he falls Aaron Gordon. I'd involve Stevens to figure out if Gordon could fit the system and ultimately would swing for the fences on his combination of athleticism, defensive ability and motor.

At 20 is where the fun begins... we'd be fine with any of Harrell, Capela, Nurkic or Jerami Grant. Each would provide a physical presence and Harrell and Capella in particular have some serious bounce that our front court is currently lacking.

On the other hand we could instead look to swing for the fences on a higher ceiling/lower floor style prospect like Kyle Anderson, James Young or TJ Warren. I'd even throw out someone like an Isiah Austin or Russ Smith who are both capable of turning some heads in the association and may be somewhat slept upon at the moment.

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 02:56:31 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I've said this elsewhere -- at this point, I'm focusing on guys who could fall in the 5-9 range.  Hopefully that means we get one of Smart, Exum, Gordon, or Vonleh. 

If we get really lucky and fall into the top 3, that's icing on the cake, but I'm assuming it won't happen.

I'm pretty much staying away from college ball this year. I spent too much time in 2007 watching KD play, that wasn't productive at all.

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2014, 02:56:50 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

Although the NBA does deliver a better product when it's marquee teams are successful.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.