Author Topic: The new G.I. Joe movie = super lame  (Read 8724 times)

Re: The new G.I. Joe movie = super lame
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 05:53:24 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Or watch this movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN034sBeF4c

TP, for that video. I actually used to watch that at work a lot when I was falling asleep and needed something to pump me up.

I had read that they were doing the movie in the future to disassociate from any current political/war issues going on now. Maybe having them based out of Europe is just another (lamer) step in that direction.

The original G.I.Joe cartoon just shows what weenies people are now, that show could never be aired today. Imagine pitching that to any network, "It's a show about an elite military task force, that operates with total autonomy, and fights a lethal terrorist organization. Most of the shows will consist of violent gun fights, and all sorts of vehicles of war fighting head to head."

We all watched it as kids, and we all turned out fine, now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to collecting the DNA of some of the most ruthless and effective military leaders in history, to create a true leader.

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 06:11:12 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
definitely on the same page roy. im fairly disappointed with every character save snake eyes. i hadnt seen the destro character and that is blasphemous what they've done to him. and while i loved joseph gordon-levitt in The Lookout and Stop-Loss(which also had Channing Tatum in it) i just don't see cobra commander at all in him. this movie has disaster of biblical proportions written all over it. Street Fighter anyone?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 06:46:19 PM »

Offline jackson_34

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 166
G.I. Joe's were my favourite toy growing up (followed closley by transformers and powerrangers). When I was about 5 or 6, I got this awsome GIJOE moon commader centre or something along the lines of this. Anyway I was living in an apartment block on the top floor of about twenty floors. My brother at the time must have been around 3 years old and one day he decided to throw all my GIJOE's and that brand spanking new mooncenter out the window to the carpark below, every figure and playthingy smashed into pieces, still one of the saddest days of my life.

Anyway, I'm really excited for this movie (might give me some closure), but after seeing those pics of the characters my excitement levels are dropping quickly.

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 06:57:57 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
Baroness is doin alright...yes sir

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 07:00:12 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I still have my massive Transformers collection. Unfortunately my even bigger GI JOE and Star Wars one is gone. I'm going to get a Cobra Moray "hydrofoil boat" off ebay and turn it into a radio control boat with the parts I have soon!
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 07:23:44 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Their best chance with this movie, given the cast, was to make it campy.  It seems like it's taking itself a bit too seriously.  The good news is that Sienna Miller described it as:

“Guns, tits, ass, no acting!”

http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archives/2008/04/sienna_miller_describes_gi_joe.html

Well, I'm sold.

CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 08:48:01 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
what happened to

roadblock and...

quick kick...?

these 2 fools was hard..!

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 09:00:35 PM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
Well, I will say that Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Cobra Commander, 3rd Rock) has actually become a pretty good actor...go rent "Brick" and check him out in that.

The first time I watched "Brick" it was:  "Is that the kid from Third Rock from the Sun?!  Haha.  This movie's going to be terrible!"  Then it blew me away.  He was fantastic in that movie.  I also heard he was really good in "Stop Loss," but I haven't seen it.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 10:21:20 PM »

Offline CsfanNH

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 10
In 1993, Hasbro revisited the long-dormant 12" G.I.Joe action figure scale, featuring the characters from “A Real American Hero”. Destro was included in the 1993 series, packaged with a removable helmet that revealed his face underneath. The same year, a Star Brigade version of Destro was included in the Armor-Tech wave (again with a vac-metalized head), which represents the last of the vintage Destro figures produced.

Perhaps he just didn't have his mask/helmet on.

CsfanNH

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 10:49:42 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
the only reason why i am going to see this film is bc he is in it!!!!!

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 11:54:31 PM »

Offline Ben Pepper

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • Ben Pepper - kept under wraps since 1997
Roy Hobbs,

You are not taking this too seriously. This is a atrocious. A European G.I. Joe!?!? That's like switching K.G. with Zaza Pachulia.

This is horrible. What were they thinking with Cobra Commander?

Movie Executive #1: Hey, who do you think we should get to play Cobra Commander.

Movie Executive #2: I don't know. Is the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun available?

Movie Executive #1: Yeah, probably.

Movie Executive #2: Sold. Sign him up.
With the 55th pick in the 1997 NBA Draft, the Boston Celtics select Ben Pepper, from Australia.

"I have never heard of Ben Pepper before." - Rick Majerus