Author Topic: can pierce lebron it for game 6??  (Read 2474 times)

can pierce lebron it for game 6??
« on: May 29, 2008, 01:46:59 PM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
Pierce has to take over game 6 period. Even if go into the lead with 20 points into the 4th we all know the pistons will crawl back and finally beat us.

I still can't forget the unbelievable performance he had game 7 versus cleveland. We need him to do that tomorrow. If pierce only can raise his level to what he is capable of playing against big names like shaq, kobe , lebron or because its a life and death game 7 situation, thats rather disappointing

35 plus points from him tomorrow or everyone starts sweating till the very last second of game 7

Re: can pierce lebron it for game 6??
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 01:49:28 PM »

Offline RickyD Fan

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
How about he Pierce's it instead and we win the game! Don't under-rate this guy, he may be getting a bit on the older side but he is still a guy that can knock down 19 4th quarter points.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 01:53:50 PM »

Offline Rich

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 12
Dear Paul Pierce,

Please play like you did in the 7th game of the Cleveland series tomorrow night for Game 6 in Detroit and send the Pistons home, and us to the NBA Finals.

Love,
All the Celtics fans
Let’s go Celtics!!

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 01:54:46 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
How about Paul Pierce just keep doing what he's been doing.  That's playing solid D and getting others involved in the game.  I hate to sound like a broken record but it's not about Paul Pierce, Ray Allen or KG going to 30 to 40 points on a given night.  It's really about Rondo and Perkins playing sound basketball, which take the pressure off the 3 all-star.  I don't think Paul Pierce has to go off like he did in game 7 vs the Cavs. If he plays great D and make his teammate better by passing the ball looking for the best shot, the Cs will win the game

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 02:00:34 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
He only seems capable of doing it at home.  Besides, I'd like to see a team effort anyway.

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 02:13:29 PM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
He only seems capable of doing it at home.  Besides, I'd like to see a team effort anyway.

I agree I much rather see a TEAM effort.  Lebron has a Lebron game vs the Celtics and lost. 

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 03:13:42 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Pierce has been doing this for many years, both at home and in road games, long before LeBron ever came to the NBA. He doesn't do it as much anymore because he wants the other players on his team to contribute, and wants to distibute the ball more to guys like KG and Ray, so they can score as well. I think he's shown this year that he's still capable of doing it, but will only use it as a last option for the reason I stated above. There's a good chance that if he did it more often, people would call him a ball-hog anyway, ([dang]ed if he does, [dang]ed if he doesn't ... so what's new?)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 03:25:22 PM »

Offline PointGaurd

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 8
I want to see anyone go off!! Geesh!!  Just end this thing already!!   And lets not go to another game 7!!

Also if Rip and Chauncey are hurt there is no way we'll lose this game!!