Author Topic: Jaylen Brown interview in NY Times  (Read 7533 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown interview in NY Times
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2023, 04:35:31 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1440
This feels like encouraging news. Another follow-up interview from JB with Shams:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1643301166044831774?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Celtics star Jaylen Brown sits down with @Stadium: “I get why people try to break up duos because so far, (Jayson and I) have been incredibly successful. At this point, we’re part of each other’s destiny.” On rookie year lessons, headlocks with Marcus Smart, sacrifice, much more.

Nice post. Tp. At this point I’m 70% confident that JB is going to stay with the Celtics for another contract. I didn’t realize how close he is with Marcus. JB talking about his relationship with Smart: “Me and Marcus have a brother like relationship.” “He has become a family figure.” “I can trust him and he’ll go to war with you.” I know that If I needed him and called, he’d be there.” Then you have guys like Brogdon and Grant who are both part of the players union with JB.

So you you have a chance to compete for a championship, your best friend is on the team, and the Celtics can offer you more money than anyone else. Feel like something would really have to go wrong to walk away from all that. 
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 05:38:26 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2023, 08:24:44 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
Brown has it so good in Boston and doesn't even know it.
I liked him so much better as a rookie when he announced at his intro presser, "I just want to tear somebody's head off."

I fear his psuedo-intellectual pretense will get in the way of him settling in and focusing on hanging banners.
He stated, "Jayson and I have been incredibly successful." Huh ?
Win something besides Tatum's All-Star game MVP before you make a claim like that.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2023, 02:26:10 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I liked him so much better as a rookie when he announced at his intro presser, "I just want to tear somebody's head off."

I fear his psuedo-intellectual pretense will get in the way of him settling in and focusing on hanging banners.
Win something besides Tatum's All-Star game MVP before you make a claim like that.

Well, his quote was:

“We compete, we push each other, we learn from each other, and I think a lot of our relationship has been built off of that dynamic of respect — and that’s the beautiful part of it,” shared Brown. “‘I’ve seen him grow as a man. He’s seen me grow as a man. I get why, I guess in a sense, people always try to break up duos or people like that, because so far, we’ve been incredibly successful, and hopefully, we can be even more.”

The only thing that would put the ribbon on top is getting a championship,” the Georgia native was sure to note. “Jayson being the ultimate version of him doesn’t stop me from being the ultimate version of myself.”

"At this point, we’re a part of each other’s destiny"

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2023, 02:47:26 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Well, his quote was:

“We compete, we push each other, we learn from each other, and I think a lot of our relationship has been built off of that dynamic of respect — and that’s the beautiful part of it,” shared Brown. “‘I’ve seen him grow as a man. He’s seen me grow as a man. I get why, I guess in a sense, people always try to break up duos or people like that, because so far, we’ve been incredibly successful, and hopefully, we can be even more.”

The only thing that would put the ribbon on top is getting a championship,” the Georgia native was sure to note. “Jayson being the ultimate version of him doesn’t stop me from being the ultimate version of myself.”

"At this point, we’re a part of each other’s destiny"

By any objective standard they have been extremely successful as a duo. They've been to the eastern conference finals three times in their first 5 years together, one NBA finals. The only time they didn't win at least one round was when Brown was hurt. There's about 26 teams that would trade their last 5 years for the Celtics last five years (the only ones that wouldn't are those that have won a title in the last 5 years).

That's a great run.

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2023, 02:53:29 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871

Jaylen Brown has played in 85 playoff games at age 26.  Tatum 74 playoff games at age 25.  I would call that being successful together.  Do you really think we should split them up because they haven't won a title yet?  Do you really think that Brown is too intellectual to be focused on a title?  What exactly do you think he is focused on?

« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2023, 02:59:22 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488
I have no issue with him describing them both as successful. Of course we want titles, but the list of players their age or younger who have a better resume is extremely small. Sure young Kobe won, but he had prime Shaq. Giannis was 26, and he is essentially the youngest "best player" that carried a title team. Bird was 24 I believe, and Magic was 20. Both of those players had very good teams around them.
#JKJB