Author Topic: 2023-24 Price Increase  (Read 4589 times)

Re: 2023-24 Price Increase
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2023, 03:16:01 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
14% increase for me - corner loge.
Is what it is, definitely not getting rid of my tickets at this stage and their wait list is a mile long so they could care less if I renew or not.

Have they told you how long the wait list is at this point?

No but honestly I haven't asked.. What i do know is somebody would be paying substantially more than me if this was year 1 for them and in the same section.

I also tried to add the second half where I am only a half season ticket holder at the moment. If I wanted to upgrade to a full season i'd be on the wait list for the second half and I'd need to pay new STM prices vs the cost I am already grandfathered into.

I guess I will remain a half season ticket holder for the foreseeable future, could be worse things in life.

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2023, 02:33:06 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I've decided that the price increase this year, which came just as the Celtics were peaking, is punishment for last season, when they sent out price increases right before our incredible run at the end of the season.

Mike

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2023, 08:35:35 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
I've decided that the price increase this year, which came just as the Celtics were peaking, is punishment for last season, when they sent out price increases right before our incredible run at the end of the season.

Mike

This is actually incorrect - they sent out the renewal, with price increases, after they started to turn it around last year. I think after their first 10 game win streak.
I remember this because I called it out to my rep saying it was absurd they were raising prices last year when the team had been underachieving all year. At the time I told them they were trying to capitalize on the one favorable part of the season (at the time)

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2023, 08:42:51 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
I was told that one of that big things that factored into increases for next season was "resale price codes".   Apparently, there are like 33 different price codes in the arena.  So if you have seats that are getting really good resale value on the secondary market, that's playing a decent factor in your percentage increase.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team