Author Topic: LeBron & Bronny  (Read 2303 times)

LeBron & Bronny
« on: January 08, 2023, 06:51:31 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
LeBron said he wants to play with his son in two years..no matter where at & not bout money..(hope he can survive on a billion)

So Bronny will be pick in top 5 no matter what his talent is so a team can get LeBron for one year and make money off of it

Actually for sorry for Bronny,, going be a lot of pressure plus I just don’t seeing him as an NBA player..overseas maybe
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: LeBron & Bronny
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 10:07:53 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
If he’s determined to play with his son, they would both look great in Maine Celtics uniforms.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 10:57:17 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
There appears to be almost no information out there on Bronny or Bryce, and how they are playing. No stats, no box scores, very few references of any kind. Given the hype here, it is extremely difficult to believe this is an accident. There is a story in there somewhere.

My guess is that Bronny is more likely just talented enough to ride the bench for a better D1 program, but we shall see.LeBron has repeated his intentions enough, so we shall see, but this is probably going to be embarrassing.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 12:32:12 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Do you guys really think that some team will draft Bronny just to be able to get an aging Lebron for a year? Would Cleveland or Miami do  so Lebron could retire with them? Would Lebron sign for the minimum just to play with his son? Could the Lakers actually trade him in the offseason just to get out of this circus? So many questions really.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 01:00:06 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Do you guys really think that some team will draft Bronny just to be able to get an aging Lebron for a year? Would Cleveland or Miami do  so Lebron could retire with them? Would Lebron sign for the minimum just to play with his son? Could the Lakers actually trade him in the offseason just to get out of this circus? So many questions really.

I don’t think a team would use a lottery pick on him, but a second round pick to assure themselves of getting Lebron, definitely. 

I would think it would embarrassing for the two James.  I’d have mixed feelings about it and think it was lame, but Stevens would be crazy not to use a second round pick if Lebron was willing to sign for a mid level.

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 01:00:36 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
I guess the question may become : is Lebron willing to play somewhere less than the NBA to play with his son.
Because that’s probably the more likely scenario so far.

And in that scenario- would a minor league or euro team etc sign bronny if it meant getting old LeBron? Of course!

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 01:04:07 PM »

Offline Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
The last I heard was Lebron was qualifying his words to where he and Bronny don't have to be on the same team, just "on the court" together. That's a big backstep.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2023, 02:14:51 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Believe there was thoughts a few years ago that bronny would grow a few inches and that hasn’t happened. He definitely isn’t a one and done talent at this point based on his ranking.

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 03:23:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Lebron can still be eligible for college I think,  he never went ,  and play on the same team as Bronny. 

Sorry Bronny an’t NBA material .   He d be lucky to get a G league gig.

Le Whiners youngest looks more like a basketball player to me ,  but Lebron will be 55 before he is drafted . ;D

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2023, 05:58:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Believe there was thoughts a few years ago that bronny would grow a few inches and that hasn’t happened. He definitely isn’t a one and done talent at this point based on his ranking.
He seems to be a much better athlete these days, at least.

I wonder how much LeBron vowing to play with him bumps his stock
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2023, 06:20:18 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
Who knows, but it doesn’t seem like a team would be wise to draft Bronny to get LeBron, unless he’s showing legit talent.   It just seems that it would be a circus, awkward… Lebron playing, Bronny watching - maybe getting a garbage minute or 2, Lebron pushing the coach to play them together. Why?

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2023, 06:46:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Who knows, but it doesn’t seem like a team would be wise to draft Bronny to get LeBron, unless he’s showing legit talent.   It just seems that it would be a circus, awkward… Lebron playing, Bronny watching - maybe getting a garbage minute or 2, Lebron pushing the coach to play them together. Why?
$$

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2023, 07:24:22 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522
$$

I expected that. I don’t really get why it’s an automatic financial boon for the team, but that would be a reason.

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2023, 07:53:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
There is no way a team is going to reach 10+ draft spots on Bronny to get Lebron, and ALL that he brings, 2 more years down the line as he continues to fade and will no longer have any records to break.  It isn't worth the headache to reach.  That said, I fully expect some team would take Bronny in the 2nd round, especially a never was type franchise like the Kings.  The dollars and interest your team would get would be a tremendous financial boon to a crappy franchise.

Bronny is still around the 60th best prospect for his draft class, so that would mean an outside shot at making the NBA.  He really needs to work on his shooting and PG skills though.  He still plays too much like a wing and his size dictates he is a PG or small SG.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2023, 08:44:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
$$

I expected that. I don’t really get why it’s an automatic financial boon for the team, but that would be a reason.
Merchandising and attendance would be huge, as would the incentive of a near-guaranteed All-Star like LeBron.