Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 61104 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2022, 11:38:24 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1408
Al Horford: 'I want to keep playing for two, three more years'

And when the Celtics veteran sees the NBA as these roaring ’20s progress, he sees himself in the picture. While it might seem prudent for someone of his age in the last year of his contract to think in smaller increments, Horford is packing for a long trip. “Yeah, for sure, I’ve thought about it,” he told Heavy Sports as he sat at his locker following Monday’s 125-122 comeback win over Oklahoma City. “I want to keep playing for two, three more years, for sure.” – via Steve Bulpett @ Heavy.com

“I think obviously there’s so much stuff that’s going on here, that’s going on with the coach and stuff and just other guys and things like that where I’m just being patient,” he told Heavy.com. “I’m sure that when the time comes we’ll get to something. But, yeah, I want to keep playing.” And keep playing in Boston. “Yes,” Horford said emphatically.  – via Steve Bulpett @ Heavy.com
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2022, 11:44:41 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Kornet has become what Danny Ainge envisioned Tacko Fall becoming.

« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2022, 11:50:48 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2022, 11:51:14 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1219

And when the Celtics veteran sees the NBA as these roaring ’20s progress, he sees himself in the picture. While it might seem prudent for someone of his age in the last year of his contract to think in smaller increments, Horford is packing for a long trip. “Yeah, for sure, I’ve thought about it,” he told Heavy Sports as he sat at his locker following Monday’s 125-122 comeback win over Oklahoma City. “I want to keep playing for two, three more years, for sure.” – via Steve Bulpett @ Heavy.com

“I think obviously there’s so much stuff that’s going on here, that’s going on with the coach and stuff and just other guys and things like that where I’m just being patient,” he told Heavy.com. “I’m sure that when the time comes we’ll get to something. But, yeah, I want to keep playing.” And keep playing in Boston. “Yes,” Horford said emphatically.  – via Steve Bulpett @ Heavy.com

I wonder what type of contract he’s looking at? Hopefully it’s at a team friendly deal that allows us to still have the flexibility to be players in the FA market. Al had no qualms about going to the highest bidder last time out. Maybe it’ll be different this time around. I’m sure Brad would want to keep him as a veteran mentor.

« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2022, 11:51:45 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

If he takes a reasonable sum to stay, and be part of where this looks like its going, I am all for it. Horford is a great vet to have in the locker room and he is still producing.
#JKJB

« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2022, 08:27:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Tatum out Sunday.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2022, 09:45:15 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1761
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2022, 10:48:47 PM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23

« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2022, 10:58:21 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

—————————

Source: ESPN
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2022, 11:39:00 PM »

Offline 0003323344

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 23

—————————

Source: ESPN

The Bruins won their 12th straight home game against the Carolina Hurricanes Friday to start the season to set a new NHL record. They were tied with the 2021 Florida Panthers and 1963 Chicago Blackhawks with 11 wins.

« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2022, 08:02:11 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Al wants play couple more years and I wouldn’t mind him here but at a cheaper, way cheaper price
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2022, 01:52:10 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Since his first NBA game in 2017, the disparity in the Celtics performance with Jayson Tatum on and off the floor is staggering.

In his six years, Boston's outscored teams by 1,944 points.

Tatum on the floor (12,889 minutes): +2155
Tatum off the floor (6,893 minutes):      -211

—————————

Source: Sean Grande

« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2022, 05:56:02 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Celtics have the best offensive rating since the NBA merger.

The gap between them and 2nd place this season is bigger than 2nd-12th.

—————————

Source: StatMuse

« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2022, 10:02:05 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
So glad this guy is on the C’s. He’s so valuable as a player and a teammate.

Malcolm Brogdon had one of his best games of the season — 21 points on 8-for-9 shooting, and +26 in just 21 minutes on the floor.

Has he ever been part of an offensive show like this?

“No, nothing close. This is a treat,” Brogdon said. “I think for any NBA player, whether you ask Marcus Smart, Tatum, Brown, anybody. It’s a treat playing on a team like this.”

Coming from Brogdon — who has played with Giannis Antetokounmpo, as well as a mediocre Pacers team — that perspective is as important as Griffin’s.

“Marcus, Jayson, Jaylen, Grant, these guys haven’t seen other teams,” Brogdon said. “So they don’t know how other organizations, other teams, how everything works in other places. So there’s a lot of good here from the top down. From leadership down to the PTs to the players, there’s a lot of good here.

“I remind the guys of that when times get tough because there’s always going to be times during the season where there are lulls, guys getting a little unhappy, it’s just the nature of the business. But for me and Blake, we’ve been in situations where a team is not winning, where the team is really struggling and there’s chaos. So definitely I try to encourage the guys to be appreciative of what they have here.”

At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2022, 11:17:42 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Their defensive rating, which is a measure of points allowed per possession, ranked 14th in the league entering Tuesday. But over their past eight games, the Celtics have produced a top-10 defense — a sign of growth as they lean into Mazzulla’s up-tempo style while compensating for the injury absence of Robert Williams III, their starting center. “Our offense is so good that it hides some of our defensive flaws,” Marcus Smart, the team’s starting point guard, said in an interview. “But we’re continuously out here working, and it’s only going to get better with time.”

In any case, the Celtics have essentially been daring opponents to keep up with them. Sometimes, Smart said, that may mean that the Celtics give up an extra offensive rebound or two as they look to break out and run. “When you’re not really boxing out as much and having as many guys stay back, your defense is going to take a hit,” Smart said. “But we’re going to get it together.” For his part, Tatum has clearly taken another step as a defender by averaging a career-best 1.2 blocks a game. He recently described himself and Brown as “two of the best two-way players in the league.”  – via Scott Cacciola @ New York Times