Author Topic: Brogdon sixth man of the year?  (Read 1750 times)

Brogdon sixth man of the year?
« on: October 02, 2022, 09:05:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3148
If Malcolm Brogdon comes off the bench all year I'd say he has a really good shot at 6th man of the year. The sixth man was started by Red so it's always good to see a Celtic win it.

Re: Brogdon sixth man of the year?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 09:14:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
He is going to make our bench so much better this year. Seems to like to play with fellow Va alum Hauser!

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 09:21:08 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1408
I hope not, but I’d be thrilled if White was 6th Man of the year.  :)
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 10:20:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
unlikely but I'd be happy if the C's had several players that could be considered for that honor

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 10:29:08 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Eh, I like the idea of a genuine offensive threat coming in first, given it's often Tatum who sits early (or at least it was under Ime).
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 10:43:56 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Eh, I like the idea of a genuine offensive threat coming in first, given it's often Tatum who sits early (or at least it was under Ime).

Guess I just don’t like White and Smart starting/playing together, since they are both mediocre shooters. Suppose the closing lineup is what really matters, which should include Brogdon.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 07:18:43 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Guess I just don’t like White and Smart starting/playing together, since they are both mediocre shooters. Suppose the closing lineup is what really matters, which should include Brogdon.
Yeah, that's fair. I was more thinking of when TL is back
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 10:04:16 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I think they should start Horford, Grant, Tatum, Brown, and Smart until Rob is back.  I don't like moving your 2 best players around on the floor, such that I'd just keep Brown and Tatum as the starting SG and SF all season long (at least as much as possible).  And I really don't want Tatum starting at PF.  I think that would be too much strain on him.  Parts of the game, him playing there is fine, but I don't think he should start there or play big minutes there.  Keep Tatum at SF.  That is his best position and you need to maximize your best player.

So in that scenario, yes Brogdon winning 6th man would be a real possibility.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2022, 11:11:38 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I think they should start Horford, Grant, Tatum, Brown, and Smart until Rob is back.  I don't like moving your 2 best players around on the floor, such that I'd just keep Brown and Tatum as the starting SG and SF all season long (at least as much as possible).  And I really don't want Tatum starting at PF.  I think that would be too much strain on him.  Parts of the game, him playing there is fine, but I don't think he should start there or play big minutes there.  Keep Tatum at SF.  That is his best position and you need to maximize your best player.

I don't like Grant as a starter but I do agree with your premise that we should start two bigs and leave Brown and Tatum in place. Tatum can play the four but it's more ware and tear.

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2022, 11:16:43 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532

I don't like Grant as a starter but I do agree with your premise that we should start two bigs and leave Brown and Tatum in place. Tatum can play the four but it's more ware and tear.
I thought he was the best option of the current roster, though could see giving Blake the start.  That is why though I think Boston should really be considering someone like Howard or Whiteside.  I think you could get 20 ish solid minutes as a starting center from them and 15-20 minutes from Blake as the back-up center, such that you'd only need a few minutes from Horford there.  That just keeps better roster continuity for when Rob is back.  And when Rob is back you move Howard/Whiteside to the back-up center spot and Griffin can get a few minutes at PF and C to keep him engaged though more fresh for when Rob or Al is out (or Howard/Whiteside).  Grant plays most of the back-up SF and PF spots. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2022, 11:33:46 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Grant looked really bad in the games he started last year. I’d much rather have Tatum at the 4 and Al at the five until Rob comes back. Tatum has the size and strength to play PF.

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2022, 11:34:47 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

I thought he was the best option of the current roster, though could see giving Blake the start.  That is why though I think Boston should really be considering someone like Howard or Whiteside.  I think you could get 20 ish solid minutes as a starting center from them and 15-20 minutes from Blake as the back-up center, such that you'd only need a few minutes from Horford there.  That just keeps better roster continuity for when Rob is back.  And when Rob is back you move Howard/Whiteside to the back-up center spot and Griffin can get a few minutes at PF and C to keep him engaged though more fresh for when Rob or Al is out (or Howard/Whiteside).  Grant plays most of the back-up SF and PF spots.

Howard/Whiteside both seem to have attitude problems that this team doesn't need. There are reasons that those guys are still unsigned. I guess we'll know if we need more help at the center spot by early November.

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2022, 08:36:36 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Brogdon is definitely our best PG. He could get big minutes but his role looks to be setting up others even off the bench. Sixman award winners are typically scorers. So going to say no. It's not a knock though.

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2022, 10:20:07 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

I prefer this as well. Should also be easier for everyone to adjust when rob comes back.