Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 107459 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #390 on: October 02, 2022, 07:49:17 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Well, that was interesting.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #391 on: October 02, 2022, 07:50:42 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Tough loss but honestly I'm proud of this team and the fight they showed. Defense was fantastic for most of the game and definitely kept them in it throughout.

I will say, I HATED some of the playcalling though particularly on 2nd downs. That included OT. In OT, ball around the Packers 46 with 2nd and 6, and they run a predictable run up the middle for 1 yard and suddenly force a 3rd and 5. All we legit needed was 10-15 yards that drive and they played scared. Not a fan of that. Why not try a trick play or even a toss outside when the Packers loaded the box? 

I don't mind them playing it safe though right before the end of regulation (the 4th quarter). Last thing you want to do is give Rodgers the ball around midfield with 40+ seconds left. I see people complaining about that but I didn't mind. Take your chances in OT
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #392 on: October 02, 2022, 07:52:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Moral victory, for sure, but that's a tough loss.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #393 on: October 02, 2022, 07:53:56 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

That loss was literally the Cowboys loss in OT last season too, almost around the same time I think (Week 6, in October). Granted I didn't really see that game, was abroad in India and at an airport at the time but when I finally got wifi I was shocked to see the game was in OT to begin with since I thought we were going to get blown out, but then 5 minutes later I refreshed gamecast and DAL won it in OT officially and made me sad at the airport haha

« Reply #394 on: October 02, 2022, 07:53:58 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
I feel bad for Zappe. He was set up to fail there by the coaching staff. That's how you lose locker rooms.

« Reply #395 on: October 02, 2022, 07:55:47 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Tough loss but honestly I'm proud of this team and the fight they showed. Defense was fantastic for most of the game and definitely kept them in it throughout.

I will say, I HATED some of the playcalling though particularly on 2nd downs. That included OT. In OT, ball around the Packers 46 with 2nd and 6, and they run a predictable run up the middle for 1 yard and suddenly force a 3rd and 5. All we legit needed was 10-15 yards that drive and they played scared. Not a fan of that. Why not try a trick play or even a toss outside when the Packers loaded the box? 

I don't mind them playing it safe though right before the end of regulation (the 4th quarter). Last thing you want to do is give Rodgers the ball around midfield with 40+ seconds left. I see people complaining about that but I didn't mind. Take your chances in OT

Romo called out the play before it happened,  too. So you can bet Green Bay knew it was coming.

« Reply #396 on: October 02, 2022, 08:01:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Romo called out the play before it happened,  too. So you can bet Green Bay knew it was coming.

Yeah but it wasn't just OT. There were other moments in the game, including the 1st half where they did the same thing. 2nd and long, do a screen or run BEHIND the line of scrimmage to lose yards or gain nothing and then get a 3rd and long.

Really not helping Zappe there.

Maybe the film shows otherwise but also it didn't seem like ANYONE was open in that OT 3rd and 5, so Zappe had nowhere to go. I felt for him at times

« Reply #397 on: October 02, 2022, 08:13:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
At least there's some nice talent at the top end of the draft :P

So, naturally, we will draft some random versatile OL player
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #398 on: October 02, 2022, 08:17:33 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

They'll probably make another Strange pick

« Reply #399 on: October 02, 2022, 08:23:37 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Too predictable with the offensive play calling in OT. I'm not saying have Zappe attempt a bunch of passes, but like get a bit more creative, even with the run plays. How about a screen pass or a shovel pass to Stevenson who was killing it all game? Nope. Just run straight ahead with Harris into the defense which is already loaded up waiting for it. What a wasted opportunity against a mediocre GB team.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #400 on: October 02, 2022, 08:27:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
If Mac Jones can't go next week I really hope they let Zappe play and not Hoyer. Give Zappe a full week of practice and first-team reps and let him go next Sunday (again, IF Mac is still out)

« Reply #401 on: October 02, 2022, 08:37:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Too predictable with the offensive play calling in OT. I'm not saying have Zappe attempt a bunch of passes, but like get a bit more creative, even with the run plays. How about a screen pass or a shovel pass to Stevenson who was killing it all game? Nope. Just run straight ahead with Harris into the defense which is already loaded up waiting for it. What a wasted opportunity against a mediocre GB team.
While I agree, their last touchdown drive was mostly on the ground, so I understand the thinking by the coaches. But Oackers loaded up the line.

« Reply #402 on: October 02, 2022, 08:39:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
It's pretty sad how people get excited about a young QB scoring a touchdown for the Pats. You can combine Mac Jones, Zappe and Hoyer together into a voltron QB and this team will still suck. None of these guys are ever going to approach 25% of Tom Brady's ability.

« Reply #403 on: October 02, 2022, 08:53:42 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

I mean, a Wynn replacement is probably the right move in the first round
I'm bitter.

« Reply #404 on: October 02, 2022, 09:18:26 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
It's pretty sad how people get excited about a young QB scoring a touchdown for the Pats. You can combine Mac Jones, Zappe and Hoyer together into a voltron QB and this team will still suck. None of these guys are ever going to approach 25% of Tom Brady's ability.

Last year Mac was runner up for Rookie of the year, he made the pro bowl and was the best QB in a loaded draft class. Why wouldn’t fans get excited going into year two? Unfortunately, the coaching staff is failing him this season. No one’s expecting him or any other QB to be Brady.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.