Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 110389 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #540 on: October 16, 2022, 02:33:27 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Ugly half but happy to be ahead.

These refs though are absolutely atrocious. I mean both teams have had a defender called for "DPI" even though it wasn't, and not only that but the sideline ref says nothing but then a ref from the complete opposite side will throw the flag 10 SECONDS AFTER. Like huh?? That's BS

But then again, this crew has called like the 2nd most penalties in the league so not surprised. Not saying that every penalty has been BS but there's been a few for each team that's certainly been so, including some big DPI ones
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #541 on: October 16, 2022, 02:47:36 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

These refs though are absolutely atrocious. I mean both teams have had a defender called for "DPI" even though it wasn't, and not only that but the sideline ref says nothing but then a ref from the complete opposite side will throw the flag 10 SECONDS AFTER. Like huh?? That's BS

But then again, this crew has called like the 2nd most penalties in the league so not surprised. Not saying that every penalty has been BS but there's been a few for each team that's certainly been so, including some big DPI ones

Lots of ugly football today, and this season. The touchdown-less game a couple weeks ago, Thursday-night games have been mostly awful, today the Jets/Packers game is 3-3 at the half, Minnesota/Miami 10-3, Baltimore/Giants 10-7. Not much poetry or finesse taking place.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #542 on: October 16, 2022, 02:49:53 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Cleveland looks awful and the Pats have a 4 point lead.  Should be up 2 scores at least.  Zappe is doing as well (better) than expected.  I thought pats would run all over the Browns.  The 1st and goal on the 1 no TD was poor v. this team. Other than the big TD run, Browns have held Stevenson pretty well.

BTW - I forget who was down-playing Javonte Parker before the season.  He's been impressive.

Good catch/run by Smith -- that's great.  And nice throw there by Zappe to Henry.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 02:59:48 PM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #543 on: October 16, 2022, 02:53:18 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Lots of ugly football today, and this season. The touchdown-less game a couple weeks ago, Thursday-night games have been mostly awful, today the Jets/Packers game is 3-3 at the half, Minnesota/Miami 10-3, Baltimore/Giants 10-7. Not much poetry or finesse taking place.

Yeah definitely. Something I found funny though, at exactly 2:40 PM EST literally EVERY 1:00 game was at halftime. Like seriously how often does that happen? Usually there's at least 1-2 games still finishing the first half or already starting the 2nd half lol

AND WOOO ZAPPE TO THORNTON! TOUCHDOWN

« Reply #544 on: October 16, 2022, 03:13:47 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Yeah definitely. Something I found funny though, at exactly 2:40 PM EST literally EVERY 1:00 game was at halftime. Like seriously how often does that happen? Usually there's at least 1-2 games still finishing the first half or already starting the 2nd half lol

AND WOOO ZAPPE TO THORNTON! TOUCHDOWN

ZAPPE TO HENRY! I GOT THE ZAPPE FEVER!  ;D

17/25, 250 yards, 2 TDs. Not too shabby at all

« Reply #545 on: October 16, 2022, 03:15:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Love the TE play tonight
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #546 on: October 16, 2022, 03:16:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Teams with defenses as good as the Pats with a schedule as soft as the Pats and a coach as good as the Pats' coach don't lose 11 games a season. People with any real knowledge of football know this.
We will see won't we.  Their 2 wins are against teams with 2 total wins on the year.  The next 5 games are fairly easy, but they do close with a very difficult schedule down the stretch.  And games like Cleveland and the two against the Jets appear more difficult now than they did at the start of the year.  Bears should be a fairly easy victory and the Colts are a disjointed mess, but Taylor is really really good so if he is back, he can alter that game.  They might not be favored at all in any of the last 7 games they play and the Browns are favored next week.  Obviously that doesn't mean anything to the actual outcome of any game but it is a gauge as to what the professionals think. 

I'm a very big proponent of a schedule and I don't think the Patriots schedule is nearly as soft as you do, at least on the whole.  Next 5 are generally a bit easier (though the Jets are currently a playoff team and it is always hard to play in Cleveland), but after that they have a very tough 7-game stretch where their easiest opponents are on the road i.e. their 3 home games are the Bills, Dolphins, and Bengals with the 4 road games being the Vikings, Cardinals, Raiders, and Bills. 

The game against Cleveland next week might go a long way in figuring out which one of us is correct, because I think they lose that game.

What does that mean? You like schedules?

I wish I had your self confidence. I would have been a more successful salesperson in previous careers.

I just went through the rest of the schedule. “At best” they win all of those games. In reality, I think they win 8 more for 10-7. Minnesota, Arizona, Oakland and even Cincy are worse than I thought. Tua should be back but who knows.

It seems disingenuous to say that their best case scenario is to go 4-8. I’m not sure how many would agree that is their best case scenario.
I look at the schedule and analyze it.  I think they lose this weekend and split with the Jets.  I think they will win 1 of the indy, Miami, cinci games, beat the Bears, and pick up 1 other win along the way.  Now if Buffalo benches everyone the last game that might give them 7 wins, but I don't think they beat a Buffalo team that is trying so I l'm counting it as a loss at this point.

The offense just isn't good enough to beat the offensive oriented teams they play down the stretch, it isn't going to be pretty.

Yet another #contrariantakegonebad. Go pats!

« Reply #547 on: October 16, 2022, 03:25:47 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Feeling a little relieved.  Cleveland is awful.  Pats doing now what they should be doing as an OK team v. a terrible (and battered).  Remains to be seen whether Pats can be a better than OK team.

I really like their offensive weapons - WR, TE, RB.   I know others don't think their WR crew is impressive.  I like them and am excited to see what Thornton can do.  Too bad Bourne hurt; glad to see Smith contributing.  O-line is worse than mediocre.

« Reply #548 on: October 16, 2022, 03:43:49 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Coming off two blowout wins, Are pats going 3-8 in their next 11?

« Reply #549 on: October 16, 2022, 03:46:17 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Ridiculous jinx by the announcers on that Folk FG. Should get fined for that.

« Reply #550 on: October 16, 2022, 03:47:17 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

It may boil down to how real the Jets are.

« Reply #551 on: October 16, 2022, 03:54:55 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488
How Myles Brant is on the team is beyond me
#JKJB

« Reply #552 on: October 16, 2022, 04:08:35 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Come on….

« Reply #553 on: October 16, 2022, 04:16:51 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens

Come on….

Well... true though.  Jets beat the Packers, are 4-2 and a Bills loss away from tied atop the division.  Lose twice to NYJ and it's possible the Pats go 3-8 in their next 11.  The Jets games were considered at least a split and probably many thought 2 wins.  The difference between Pats as a playoff threat and not is pretty slim.  7-9 wins most likely. 6 or 10 possible. 

« Reply #554 on: October 16, 2022, 04:20:27 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Come on….

Well... true though.  Jets beat the Packers, are 4-2 and a Bills loss away from tied atop the division.  Lose twice to NYJ and it's possible the Pats go 3-8 in their next 11.  The Jets games were considered at least a split and probably many thought 2 wins.  The difference between Pats as a playoff threat and not is pretty slim.  7-9 wins most likely. 6 or 10 possible.
The Browns fumbling any shot away certainly helped the Patriots case at winning, but I didn't watch that game and see two good teams either.  Now with Jones instead of Zappe the Pats are better, but I just don't see them as a good team at all, and I don't think anyone that watched that game would think they were good either.  If the Browns player doesn't go out of bounds on that onside kick, the whole end of that game is a lot different and that is after the Browns played poorly most of the game.  Pats likely would have won anyway, but the final would have looked a lot different.  Browns didn't play well, but I did expect them to win before the game started, but I didn't see anything that would change my opinion of the Pats.  They aren't good, but winning a game I thought they'd lose would adjust their expected win total up 1.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip