Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 107460 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #480 on: October 09, 2022, 03:06:26 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
TD.  Good drive.

« Reply #481 on: October 09, 2022, 03:06:32 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
yes!!

« Reply #482 on: October 09, 2022, 03:07:39 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
LET ZAPPE FAP!

The one thing that's really impressing me is how poised Zappe looks and his confidence. He doesn't look fazed at all, even when DET stacks the box and blitzes. He's getting it done.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #483 on: October 09, 2022, 03:09:20 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Not gonna get too hyped for Zappe, but I hope these games mean that he can be a good career backup QB.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #484 on: October 09, 2022, 03:09:43 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
LFG!

Hasn't been completely pretty but the defense has definitely come to play today. Huge plays and stops when needed.

I want the patriots haters to shut up for the day. We are up 19-0. With a third string qb. Let us enjoy it.

No no Clay, we're only up 26-0. We need to be up 46-0 dang it!  ;)

« Reply #485 on: October 09, 2022, 03:14:11 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Detroit will score on this drive but WOW, for the defense to have shut out a red hot Detroit offense for 3 quarters today. Awesome effort so far.

« Reply #486 on: October 09, 2022, 03:16:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Defense is playing its ass off.  Offense... is treading water.  Zappe is hitting his targets and his INT wasn't his fault, but it's clear we're taking no chances with him.  Stevenson and Meyers are playing well.  I expect more out of the rest of this WR core.

I actually don't mind at all. As we're seeing, to beat Detroit we probably don't need some elite QB performance. Even if it were Mac Jones or hell, even a Tom Brady in the past, they'd probably only need around 200 yards and no turnovers to get a win. Zappe has 1 INT unfortunately (not his fault), but he's probably going to get 200 yards passing unless they just run it all the 2nd half. Play it safe, don't get stupid.

People forget, even in the Brady dynasty years during the regular season there was always around 4-5 games where Brady would be "meh/average" and didn't do too much, but they didn't need to to beat bad teams like the Jets, etc. Just don't give up multiple turnovers or make brutal mistakes
Even more so before the 2007 season when Brady was pretty exclusively a game managing type QB.
Why do Patriots fans regurgitate this false narrative that Brady haters came up with? No, Brady wasn't just a game manager. He led the league in TDs in his second year, and was consistently in the top 5-10 for TDs every year before 2007.
Were you watching the games back then or are you just regurgitating stats?

Brady wasn't given complete control of the offense through those first Super Bowl years. Belichick put a huge emphasis on the running game and defense and called safe passing plays for Brady for the most part. Brady was there to not make mistakes.....not to dominate the game. That's pretty much the definition of a game manager.

« Reply #487 on: October 09, 2022, 03:20:09 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Hard for me to understand that penalty on Wilson.

« Reply #488 on: October 09, 2022, 03:21:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Terrible roughing the passer penalty there.

« Reply #489 on: October 09, 2022, 03:21:32 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Hard for me to understand that penalty on Wilson.

Yes

« Reply #490 on: October 09, 2022, 03:24:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Judon is a monster. I just hope he doesn't peter out at the end of the season again.

« Reply #491 on: October 09, 2022, 03:24:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Good stop. I so want the shutout.

« Reply #492 on: October 09, 2022, 03:24:30 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Detroit will score on this drive but WOW, for the defense to have shut out a red hot Detroit offense for 3 quarters today. Awesome effort so far.

Lol never mind. That drive felt like it took 30 mins in real time but DET somehow got nothing

« Reply #493 on: October 09, 2022, 03:24:59 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
LFG!

Hasn't been completely pretty but the defense has definitely come to play today. Huge plays and stops when needed.

I want the patriots haters to shut up for the day. We are up 19-0. With a third string qb. Let us enjoy it.

No no Clay, we're only up 26-0. We need to be up 46-0 dang it!  ;)

Phantom I am beyond tired of some of the drivel about the patriots in this thread. We are 15 yards overtime away from being 3-2 and we got trolls saying we will win 4 games of our next 12 with two against the jets, and play Cleveland, bears, arizona, bengals, Vikings

« Reply #494 on: October 09, 2022, 03:28:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Defense is playing its ass off.  Offense... is treading water.  Zappe is hitting his targets and his INT wasn't his fault, but it's clear we're taking no chances with him.  Stevenson and Meyers are playing well.  I expect more out of the rest of this WR core.

I actually don't mind at all. As we're seeing, to beat Detroit we probably don't need some elite QB performance. Even if it were Mac Jones or hell, even a Tom Brady in the past, they'd probably only need around 200 yards and no turnovers to get a win. Zappe has 1 INT unfortunately (not his fault), but he's probably going to get 200 yards passing unless they just run it all the 2nd half. Play it safe, don't get stupid.

People forget, even in the Brady dynasty years during the regular season there was always around 4-5 games where Brady would be "meh/average" and didn't do too much, but they didn't need to to beat bad teams like the Jets, etc. Just don't give up multiple turnovers or make brutal mistakes
Even more so before the 2007 season when Brady was pretty exclusively a game managing type QB.
Why do Patriots fans regurgitate this false narrative that Brady haters came up with? No, Brady wasn't just a game manager. He led the league in TDs in his second year, and was consistently in the top 5-10 for TDs every year before 2007.
He was also money in the clutch moments.  The Patriots played conservatively because that is Bill's preferred offensive style and their defense was great, so they could, but I think they'd have been fine if they let Brady throw more because time and time again when they needed a big drive, Brady delivered. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip