Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 103169 times)

Re: NBA Off Season 2022
« Reply #1125 on: October 02, 2022, 07:05:55 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Miami Heat guard Tyler Herro – the NBA’s reigning Sixth Man of the Year – has agreed on a four-year, $130 million contract extension, his agents Jeff Schwartz and Mike Lindeman of
@Excelbasketball
 tell ESPN.

A lot of money for a 6th man, lol. He’s good, but I don’t think he’s worth that.
22/5/4 in 33 mpg.  Seems like going rate for that production

I guess the comp is R.J. Barrett.  He averaged 20 / 6 / 3 on fairly middling efficiency.

Barrett got 4 years, $107 million guaranteed ($120 million with incentives)

Herro got 4 years, $120 million ($130 million with incentives)

It seems in line with the market.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1126 on: October 02, 2022, 07:06:09 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Miami Heat guard Tyler Herro – the NBA’s reigning Sixth Man of the Year – has agreed on a four-year, $130 million contract extension, his agents Jeff Schwartz and Mike Lindeman of
@Excelbasketball
 tell ESPN.

That seems like an overpay. He can score but he's a defensive liability... They have over 200 million wrapped up in Herro and Robinson...

Is that $130m / 4yrs a max contract? Or a below max deal?

« Reply #1127 on: October 02, 2022, 07:08:36 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
@Excelbasketball
 tell ESPN.

That seems like an overpay. He can score but he's a defensive liability... They have over 200 million wrapped up in Herro and Robinson...

A little below max, which is 4/$149 million.

« Reply #1128 on: October 02, 2022, 07:11:47 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
@Excelbasketball
 tell ESPN.

A little below max, which is 4/$149 million.

Cool, thank you. That deal seems alright to me then. About $4-5mil per annum below the max. Reasonable.

« Reply #1129 on: October 02, 2022, 07:26:33 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn
Houston Rockets center Bruno Fernando has agreed on a four-year, $10.9 million deal, his agents Andy Shiffman and Mark Bartelstein of
@PrioritySports
 tell ESPN. Fernando will have his two-way contract coverted to this new long-term deal.
4:40 PM · Oct 2, 2022
·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1576688539030368256?s=46&t=OiVwk0z0pWPizauxpNbzqw

« Reply #1130 on: October 02, 2022, 07:28:19 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
@Excelbasketball
 tell ESPN.

Ridiculous, lol. Happy for them.   :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1131 on: October 02, 2022, 07:36:44 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn
Houston Rockets center Bruno Fernando has agreed on a four-year, $10.9 million deal, his agents Andy Shiffman and Mark Bartelstein of
@PrioritySports
 tell ESPN. Fernando will have his two-way contract coverted to this new long-term deal.
·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1576688539030368256?s=46&t=OiVwk0z0pWPizauxpNbzqw

Congrats to Bruno.  I wonder how much is guaranteed.

« Reply #1132 on: October 02, 2022, 07:38:45 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn
@PrioritySports
·Twitter Web App

Congrats to Bruno.  I wonder how much is guaranteed.

Yep, happy for him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1133 on: October 03, 2022, 11:26:34 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Denver Nuggets mascot Rocky is the highest-paid mascot in the NBA with a $625K annual salary 🤯 Rocky makes 10 times the average salary of an NBA mascot (roughly $60K a year)

I went into the wrong line of work!

« Reply #1134 on: October 03, 2022, 11:50:47 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Denver Nuggets mascot Rocky is the highest-paid mascot in the NBA with a $625K annual salary 🤯 Rocky makes 10 times the average salary of an NBA mascot (roughly $60K a year)

It says the average is 60k, which means most probably make under 60k.  So it seems like you do those jobs to get courtside seats at the game, not to make a living.  Unless you are Rocky.  That guy apparently makes a lot of bank.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1135 on: October 03, 2022, 12:17:11 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Now I’m ready to hear about Lucky’s hold out.

« Reply #1136 on: October 03, 2022, 01:03:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Seen some that estimate Lucky makes $85K+ a year before income for side appearances.

« Reply #1137 on: October 03, 2022, 01:05:28 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Seen some that estimate Lucky makes $85K+ a year before income for side appearances.

$85k, getting to watch all of the home games and getting to mingle with the Celtics dancers?  Not such a bad gig if you're a single guy.

« Reply #1138 on: October 03, 2022, 01:12:06 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Vice president of basketball operations and general manager Rob Pelinka, owner Jeanie Buss and senior basketball adviser Kurt Rambis seriously considered sending Westbrook and unprotected first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 to the Pacers for center Myles Turner and guard Buddy Hield, sources said. They held a series of meetings in the days leading up to camp to analyze the possible Pacers deal from every angle, with the views of Ham and Lakers executives Joey and Jesse Buss also being strongly considered in the process. The organization even delayed the midweek news conference for Pelinka and Ham as the debate continued…

If they were going to gamble on a make-or-break move of this magnitude, the thinking went, then everyone had to have confidence in the same vision. But when that wasn’t the case, sources say, the choice was made by Pelinka to remain patient and see, yet again, if Westbrook might find a way to make this imperfect fit with the Lakers work.

Too many chefs in the kitchen.  You need a strong, decisive decision-maker.

If the Lakers are going to ride it out, it should be because they think a better deal will come along this season, rather than holding out hope that Westbrook will finally "get it".  To me, the real gamble is doing nothing and wasting another season of Lebron / Davis.

« Reply #1139 on: October 03, 2022, 01:24:04 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
Vice president of basketball operations and general manager Rob Pelinka, owner Jeanie Buss and senior basketball adviser Kurt Rambis seriously considered sending Westbrook and unprotected first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 to the Pacers for center Myles Turner and guard Buddy Hield, sources said. They held a series of meetings in the days leading up to camp to analyze the possible Pacers deal from every angle, with the views of Ham and Lakers executives Joey and Jesse Buss also being strongly considered in the process. The organization even delayed the midweek news conference for Pelinka and Ham as the debate continued…

If they were going to gamble on a make-or-break move of this magnitude, the thinking went, then everyone had to have confidence in the same vision. But when that wasn’t the case, sources say, the choice was made by Pelinka to remain patient and see, yet again, if Westbrook might find a way to make this imperfect fit with the Lakers work.

Too many chefs in the kitchen.  You need a strong, decisive decision-maker.

If the Lakers are going to ride it out, it should be because they think a better deal will come along this season, rather than holding out hope that Westbrook will finally "get it".  To me, the real gamble is doing nothing and wasting another season of Lebron / Davis.

That is interesting information, assuming it is true (and it seems reasonable enough).  I actually think it is the right call.  Westbrook-LeBron-Davis only played something like 20 games together last season.  I am guessing that Ham thinks he can make it work.  There are some major egos there but I tend to agree.  If it were me, I would give it a try.  Let Ham have his shot.  Now if Ham was one of the ones against it, then I probably make the trade.  They are not saying but I have to believe that if Ham said I can't coach Westbrook, that the team wouldn't say too bad.

And this trade is probably still on the table at the deadline.