Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 103210 times)

Re: NBA Off Season 2022
« Reply #645 on: July 26, 2022, 02:46:05 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Today is "sign former Celtics day":

The Houston Rockets today announced they have re-signed center Bruno Fernando. He scored in double-figures in four of his 10 games as a Rocket, while recording two double-doubles.

First Hernangomez, then Fernando.  Can Stauskas be far behind?

I’m mildly surprised on the Fernando news.  I assume it’s a camp invite with little guaranteed.

Yeah, Houston is at their max of 20 contracts, so I assume you're correct.

If it’s guaranteed and they decide to cut someone who isn’t, liam might have to break into Stevens’ office to put in a waiver claim for Garrison Mathews.

Will do! ;)

« Reply #646 on: July 26, 2022, 03:04:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Rockets announce the re-signing of C Bruno Fernando. He’ll be signed to an Exhibit 10 contract per source, compete in training camp and will have the potential of being converted to Houston’s remaining open two-way slot.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #647 on: July 26, 2022, 03:06:34 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Rockets announce the re-signing of C Bruno Fernando. He’ll be signed to an Exhibit 10 contract per source, compete in training camp and will have the potential of being converted to Houston’s remaining open two-way slot.

Ah well, Houston still needs to cut three guys, so maybe liam has a chance.  I’ll break into Brad’s office if it’s Usman Garuba.

« Reply #648 on: July 26, 2022, 04:05:23 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Found this kind of interesting for a few reasons.

https://deadspin.com/bronny-james-might-be-in-for-a-gap-year-if-the-nba-age-1849333644

One, is this another instance showing college basketball is going to have less and less top prospects playing at Duke and unc? I thought with NIL money there would be a bump in interest for the top prospects.

Two, how big a mess is changing the age limit and the uncertainty around it going to create? I feel like it puts people in bronnies class in a tough situation not knowing what they are eligible for after their senior year.

« Reply #649 on: July 27, 2022, 02:58:31 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Draymond Green, according to sources, wants and believes he deserves a maximum contract extension from the Warriors. Aug. 3 is when he is eligible to sign a four-year deal. That is his desired length. After playing like the Defensive Player of the Year frontrunner before injury shortened his regular season, after helping lead the Warriors to a fourth championship in eight seasons, Green is convinced the core of the Warriors’ dynasty is worth every possible penny, and that definitely includes him. – via Marcus Thompson II, Anthony Slater, Anthony Slater and Marcus Thompson II @ The Athletic

Good luck with that one, Dray.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #650 on: July 27, 2022, 03:24:42 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

I remember him

« Reply #651 on: July 27, 2022, 04:13:30 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Draymond Green, according to sources, wants and believes he deserves a maximum contract extension from the Warriors. Aug. 3 is when he is eligible to sign a four-year deal. That is his desired length. After playing like the Defensive Player of the Year frontrunner before injury shortened his regular season, after helping lead the Warriors to a fourth championship in eight seasons, Green is convinced the core of the Warriors’ dynasty is worth every possible penny, and that definitely includes him. – via Marcus Thompson II, Anthony Slater, Anthony Slater and Marcus Thompson II @ The Athletic

Good luck with that one, Dray.

To be clear, the article defines maximum as not a 35% max salary, but rather the maximum the Warriors are allowed to offer, which is a 20% raise off of this year’s salary.  So $30.97 million next year, and $138.7 million over four years.  Expensive, but not anywhere the 5 years, $270 million max he would be eligible to get from the Warriors in free agency next summer.

« Reply #652 on: July 28, 2022, 07:53:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Semi Ojeleye
@semi
·
Follow
The journey continues! Next stop. Italy 🇮🇹 Jesus, keep walking with me! #virtus

« Reply #653 on: July 28, 2022, 10:42:42 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
According to league sources, Zion Williamson’s contract stipulates that he will have weigh-ins periodically throughout the entirety of his new deal. The sum of his weight and body fat percentage must be below 295. If it is not, the amount of guaranteed money in Williamson’s contract can be reduced. – via CHRISTIAN CLARK @ New Orleans Times-Picayune
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #654 on: July 28, 2022, 10:52:42 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Free agent F Juancho Hernangomez is finalizing a one-year deal with the Toronto Raptors, sources tell ESPN.

Non-Durant news!  The malcontent has found a new home!

"Malcontent" also applies to Durant, incidentally

« Reply #655 on: July 28, 2022, 11:33:58 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Semi Ojeleye
@semi
·
Follow

Another draft miss... Fire Danny.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #656 on: July 29, 2022, 02:14:15 AM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Semi Ojeleye
@semi
·
Follow

For a team that needs a 3 and D, I would have loved to see Semi back for the minimum. I wonder if he got a tad more in Italy
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #657 on: July 29, 2022, 05:04:38 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Semi Ojeleye
@semi
·
Follow

For a team that needs a 3 and D, I would have loved to see Semi back for the minimum. I wonder if he got a tad more in Italy

good man D and no 3, i'd like him back too against Giannis

« Reply #658 on: July 29, 2022, 08:14:59 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
According to league sources, Zion Williamson’s contract stipulates that he will have weigh-ins periodically throughout the entirety of his new deal. The sum of his weight and body fat percentage must be below 295. If it is not, the amount of guaranteed money in Williamson’s contract can be reduced. – via CHRISTIAN CLARK @ New Orleans Times-Picayune

Dude can’t stay healthy. I would require these conditions as well. That’s a lot of money for so little NBA production. They should sign Kyrie and Simmons!

« Reply #659 on: July 29, 2022, 09:34:42 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The run on former Celtics continues.

Carsen Edwards headed to the Euroleague champion?

Seeking an upgrade in the backcourt, Fenerbahce Beko has been linked to Texas-born point guard Carsen Edwards. The team based in Istanbul and the veteran of 75 games played in the NBA are in advanced talks, as confirmed by Eurohoops. – via EuroHoops.net