Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 103225 times)

NBA Off Season 2022
« on: June 20, 2022, 06:02:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Durant goes on the block, is there a better landing spot for his legacy than Boston and can any other team make a better offer than Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and lots of firsts?

Also, part of KD's desire to move to NY/BRK when he hit free agency was to be closer to his non-basketball business center. Boston is as close as he'll get to NYC, be in the NBA and in a title winning situation.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 03:23:34 PM by Redz »

Re: Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 06:35:34 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
ESPN:
An emergency protective order filed last month against veteran NBA point guard Rajon Rondo in Louisville, Kentucky, has been dismissed. The protective order, which was filed against Rondo by a woman on May 13, was dismissed on Thursday after the "parties reached an agreement," according to the document, which was obtained by ESPN's Baxter Holmes.

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 06:37:34 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Only 19 days to go to SL:

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe

#Celtics summer league schedule: July 9 vs. #Heat, 5:30 pm ET July 11 vs. #Bucks, 8 pm ET July 12 vs. #Warriors, 8 pm ET July 14 vs. #Grizzlies, 3:30 pm ET Tournament begins after fourth game.

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2022, 09:50:56 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Only 19 days to go to SL:

Gary Washburn @GwashburnGlobe

#Celtics summer league schedule: July 9 vs. #Heat, 5:30 pm ET July 11 vs. #Bucks, 8 pm ET July 12 vs. #Warriors, 8 pm ET July 14 vs. #Grizzlies, 3:30 pm ET Tournament begins after fourth game.
do the C's have anyone that they'd be sending that would be of interest to watch?

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2022, 09:52:12 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Kyrie reportedly was conducting his own practices after the Nets regular practice in Brooklyn:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10039275-espn-kyrie-irving-would-hold-his-own-practices-with-nets-after-steve-nashs-practice

Good luck to whoever takes this guy on. I don't even think Lebron can handle him anymore.

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 09:52:16 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If Durant goes on the block, is there a better landing spot for his legacy than Boston and can any other team make a better offer than Jaylen Brown, Derrick White and lots of firsts?

Also, part of KD's desire to move to NY/BRK when he hit free agency was to be closer to his non-basketball business center. Boston is as close as he'll get to NYC, be in the NBA and in a title winning situation.
Second thread I've seen the president of the JKJB fan club post a trade of JB for Durant?  Jaylen snub you at a meet-and-greet even Nick?   ;D

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 11:05:21 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Kyrie reportedly was conducting his own practices after the Nets regular practice in Brooklyn:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10039275-espn-kyrie-irving-would-hold-his-own-practices-with-nets-after-steve-nashs-practice

Good luck to whoever takes this guy on. I don't even think Lebron can handle him anymore.

lol
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2022, 11:20:06 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Second thread I've seen the president of the JKJB fan club post a trade of JB for Durant?  Jaylen snub you at a meet-and-greet even Nick?   ;D
Nope. Just showing there are legit trades that I would move JB for. And, maybe this is a scenario that could come to fruition given Brooklyn's dysfunctional team building that has occurred.

I don't want Brown traded but if he can be moved for a guy that can push Boston to 2-3 titles, you gotta do it.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2022, 11:38:36 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Nope. Just showing there are legit trades that I would move JB for. And, maybe this is a scenario that could come to fruition given Brooklyn's dysfunctional team building that has occurred.

I don't want Brown traded but if he can be moved for a guy that can push Boston to 2-3 titles, you gotta do it.

Durant is going to be 34 years old when the season starts and has had multiple serious injuries in the past. He had a good season last year but he still could barely get the Nets to the playoffs and his team got swept. He's not the KD of the GWSs era anymore. Not to mention he's nowhere near the defender that Brown is. Is he really worth trading 25 year old Jaylen Brown for, and significantly shortening our window, when we just got off game 6 of the Finals?

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2022, 12:16:15 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Durant is going to be 34 years old when the season starts and has had multiple serious injuries in the past. He had a good season last year but he still could barely get the Nets to the playoffs and his team got swept. He's not the KD of the GWSs era anymore. Not to mention he's nowhere near the defender that Brown is. Is he really worth trading 25 year old Jaylen Brown for, and significantly shortening our window, when we just got off game 6 of the Finals?
His injuries weren't really that significant, he was just super cautious in rehab because of the impending playoff run. That he got a team with the next best players being 50% of Kyrie Irving and Bruce Brown to the playoffs at all is impressive.

The answer to your last question is yes. Kevin Durant is a strong defender, I am really missing the narrative going around that he's some huge drop off from Brown. He's definitely a worse man defender, but I would argue his defensive awareness and freakish length makes up for it.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2022, 12:19:43 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

His injuries weren't really that significant, he was just super cautious in rehab because of the impending playoff run. That he got a team with the next best players being 50% of Kyrie Irving and Bruce Brown to the playoffs at all is impressive.

The answer to your last question is yes. Kevin Durant is a strong defender, I am really missing the narrative going around that he's some huge drop off from Brown. He's definitely a worse man defender, but I would argue his defensive awareness and freakish length makes up for it.

I worry about Durant’s frame as he ages, especially if you are asking him to play both sides of the floor. I think we have been thrown off what we expect from 35 and 36 years by Lebron single handedly.

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2022, 12:22:56 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I worry about Durant’s frame as he ages, especially if you are asking him to play both sides of the floor. I think we have been thrown off what we expect from 35 and 36 years by Lebron single handedly.
If we are able to keep Tatum, Smart, Horford and TL, his load on defence will be very very minor, and he will be able to revert back to the kind of role he had in GS on offence. He would not be playing 37mpg here, as he was in Brooklyn.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2022, 12:35:02 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
For all the mentions of KDs age, he just put up a 30/7.4/6.4 season with shooting splits of 52/38/91 with a TS% of 63.4%. With a playoff hardened core of Tatum, Smart, Timelord and Horford around him, KD on Boston probably makes the Celtics the favorite to win it all.

And a Simmons/Jaylen duo in Brooklyn with tons of picks isn't so bad for the Nets

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2022, 03:35:55 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
For all the mentions of KDs age, he just put up a 30/7.4/6.4 season with shooting splits of 52/38/91 with a TS% of 63.4%. With a playoff hardened core of Tatum, Smart, Timelord and Horford around him, KD on Boston probably makes the Celtics the favorite to win it all.

And a Simmons/Jaylen duo in Brooklyn with tons of picks isn't so bad for the Nets

Wait, what is the the president of the Just Keep Jaylen Brown club doing suggesting such a thing???

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2022, 04:16:16 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Wait, what is the the president of the Just Keep Jaylen Brown club doing suggesting such a thing???
His secret allegiance to the Just Acquire Kevin Durant club trumps all