Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 104483 times)

Re: NBA Off Season 2022
« Reply #630 on: July 20, 2022, 07:10:04 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Free agent James Harden has agreed on a two-year, $68.6M deal, including a player option, to return to the 76ers, sources tell ESPN.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
2m
Harden will make $33M for the 2022-2023 season, and has the player option for $35.6M in 2023-2024, sources tell ESPN. He can move right back into free agency next summer and negotiate another new deal.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #631 on: July 20, 2022, 07:44:58 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
GSW will save $60mil this year (salary & luxury tax payments) by signing DiVincenzo & JaMychal Green instead of Otto Porter & Gary Payton III.

« Reply #632 on: July 20, 2022, 09:13:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
about 42 minutes ago
ESPN Sources: The NBA has fined Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob $500,000 for his recent comments on the Point Forward Podcast discussing the league’s collective bargaining talks, which included Lacob describing the league’s luxury tax system as “very unfair.”

For some reason this cracks me up.  The absurdity of the “dissent won’t be tolerated “ approach, applied to one of the richest franchises in the NBA talking about fairness.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #633 on: July 20, 2022, 09:31:40 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
JaMychal Green being bought out by OKC, to sign with Warriors. Shams
Great pickup for GSW. He can spell Draymond or play next to Draymond. Big time move. He will help replace Otto Porter. Not the offensive threat that Porter is but he gives that versatile defender who is enough of an offensive threat to be out on the floor in big moments in the playoffs where needed.

I've always liked the idea of Green, but then whenever I watch him I'm pretty disappointed.

Yeah, his offense kills him.

The switch away from two big to one big lineups meant his offensive limitations are more highlighted than ever at forward and he is too small at center. A classic tweener for the new-age. He was born about 10-15 years too late. He would've been much more valued in the past than in today's league.

Except for maybe GSW who like to play small centers and have enough offense to hide limited offensive big men / forwards. That looks a good home for him; hopefully anyway.

Sounds like another Derrick White but a PF version

That's a huge insult to Derrick White, who is a much better player and has a much more positive impact on the court.
Yeah.  White isn't a great shooter, but he is a fine overall offensive player.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #634 on: July 20, 2022, 10:00:06 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Hilarious that the talk about James Harden was that he was a good guy for taking a pay cut. He signed a 2 yr deal for $68m. He is talented (and very good) offensively, and a defensive nightmare. Should he have made $50m per year to play 1/2 the court?

« Reply #635 on: July 20, 2022, 10:20:33 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Hilarious that the talk about James Harden was that he was a good guy for taking a pay cut. He signed a 2 yr deal for $68m. He is talented (and very good) offensively, and a defensive nightmare. Should he have made $50m per year to play 1/2 the court?
He actually played reasonable defense for the Sixers.  He uses his bulk effectively.  It is a matter of him giving the effort. 

« Reply #636 on: July 26, 2022, 12:41:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Free agent F Juancho Hernangomez is finalizing a one-year deal with the Toronto Raptors, sources tell ESPN.

Non-Durant news!  The malcontent has found a new home!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #637 on: July 26, 2022, 12:42:10 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Free agent F Juancho Hernangomez is finalizing a one-year deal with the Toronto Raptors, sources tell ESPN.

Non-Durant news!  The malcontent has found a new home!

I wonder how many teams he plays for this season.

« Reply #638 on: July 26, 2022, 01:35:24 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
This narrative cracks me up too.  Harden "earned" his pay cut the old fashioned way- by playing worse than ever.  I don't really think he's worth $34 million a year anymore either.  He's lucky Morey likes him.

« Reply #639 on: July 26, 2022, 02:15:02 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
This narrative cracks me up too.  Harden "earned" his pay cut the old fashioned way- by playing worse than ever.  I don't really think he's worth $34 million a year anymore either.  He's lucky Morey likes him.

I am not sure I would give up on Harden just yet.  I think he has a couple more years of all star level play in him.  Maybe with some heavily managed minutes to avoid injury (same as Embiid) but I am not counting him out.  This of course assumes he will back up his talk about "taking care of his body" and all that but you can't really knock him for what he did with his contract.  He could have just opted in.

« Reply #640 on: July 26, 2022, 02:19:39 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I am not sure I would give up on Harden just yet.  I think he has a couple more years of all star level play in him.  Maybe with some heavily managed minutes to avoid injury (same as Embiid) but I am not counting him out.  This of course assumes he will back up his talk about "taking care of his body" and all that but you can't really knock him for what he did with his contract.  He could have just opted in.

Exactly, he could've opted into his $47m and rehabbed his value. But him taking a $13m paycut allowed Philly financially flexibility to add to their roster.   
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #641 on: July 26, 2022, 02:33:43 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Today is "sign former Celtics day":

The Houston Rockets today announced they have re-signed center Bruno Fernando. He scored in double-figures in four of his 10 games as a Rocket, while recording two double-doubles.

First Hernangomez, then Fernando.  Can Stauskas be far behind?

« Reply #642 on: July 26, 2022, 02:35:38 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

The Houston Rockets today announced they have re-signed center Bruno Fernando. He scored in double-figures in four of his 10 games as a Rocket, while recording two double-doubles.

I’m mildly surprised on the Fernando news.  I assume it’s a camp invite with little guaranteed.

« Reply #643 on: July 26, 2022, 02:38:21 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I’m mildly surprised on the Fernando news.  I assume it’s a camp invite with little guaranteed.

Yeah, Houston is at their max of 20 contracts, so I assume you're correct.

« Reply #644 on: July 26, 2022, 02:40:39 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Yeah, Houston is at their max of 20 contracts, so I assume you're correct.

If it’s guaranteed and they decide to cut someone who isn’t, liam might have to break into Stevens’ office to put in a waiver claim for Garrison Mathews.