Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 103251 times)

Re: NBA Off Season 2022
« Reply #615 on: July 19, 2022, 05:53:35 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Do the Thunder buyout Derrick Favors next?  He’d be an interesting option.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #616 on: July 19, 2022, 05:56:55 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

That would be the absolute best option I could see for us

« Reply #617 on: July 19, 2022, 06:02:14 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
JaMychal Green being bought out by OKC, to sign with Warriors. Shams
Great pickup for GSW. He can spell Draymond or play next to Draymond. Big time move. He will help replace Otto Porter. Not the offensive threat that Porter is but he gives that versatile defender who is enough of an offensive threat to be out on the floor in big moments in the playoffs where needed.

« Reply #618 on: July 19, 2022, 06:07:29 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

How has Derrick Favors only just turned 31?

« Reply #619 on: July 19, 2022, 06:11:12 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Great pickup for GSW. He can spell Draymond or play next to Draymond. Big time move. He will help replace Otto Porter. Not the offensive threat that Porter is but he gives that versatile defender who is enough of an offensive threat to be out on the floor in big moments in the playoffs where needed.

I've always liked the idea of Green, but then whenever I watch him I'm pretty disappointed.

« Reply #620 on: July 19, 2022, 06:19:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I've always liked the idea of Green, but then whenever I watch him I'm pretty disappointed.

Yeah, his offense kills him.

The switch away from two big to one big lineups meant his offensive limitations are more highlighted than ever at forward and he is too small at center. A classic tweener for the new-age. He was born about 10-15 years too late. He would've been much more valued in the past than in today's league.

Except for maybe GSW who like to play small centers and have enough offense to hide limited offensive big men / forwards. That looks a good home for him; hopefully anyway.

« Reply #621 on: July 19, 2022, 07:22:51 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Crazy, right? I remember in the 2014-2016 period where he was 23-24, averaging 16/8 with good defence. I thought he was going to be a David West type. Then Rudy Gobert showed up and it all changed.

I would love Favors as a buyout option if possible.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #622 on: July 19, 2022, 07:24:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25634
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Crazy, right? I remember in the 2014-2016 period where he was 23-24, averaging 16/8 with good defence. I thought he was going to be a David West type. Then Rudy Gobert showed up and it all changed.

They have to cut three more contracts before the season, so it could happen.

Joe Mussatto @joe_mussatto
1 hour ago
OKC's roster is still three over the limit: - Bazley - Dieng - Dort - Favors - Gilgeous-Alexander - Giddey - Holmgren - Jerome - Krejci - Maledon - Mann - Muscala - Pokusevski - Robinson-Earl - Wiggins - J-Dub - J-Will - K. Williams Two-way - Omoruyi - Waters

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #623 on: July 19, 2022, 08:00:27 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

They have to cut three more contracts before the season, so it could happen.

Joe Mussatto @joe_mussatto
1 hour ago
OKC's roster is still three over the limit: - Bazley - Dieng - Dort - Favors - Gilgeous-Alexander - Giddey - Holmgren - Jerome - Krejci - Maledon - Mann - Muscala - Pokusevski - Robinson-Earl - Wiggins - J-Dub - J-Will - K. Williams Two-way - Omoruyi - Waters

I think they keep Favors around so that Holmgren doesn’t get snapped in half, at least until the deadline.  Aaron Wigging and Krejci seem certain to be cut (unguaranteed).  Maledon would be m my guess after that, but I suppose Favors could be gone if he was willing to give up enough money.

« Reply #624 on: July 19, 2022, 10:04:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'ld be okay with sending OKC a 2nd rounder for Muscala and have him slip into a TPE, though I can understand waiting to get a vet min guy who would cost less luxury tax.

« Reply #625 on: July 19, 2022, 10:28:17 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Green will fit well in Golden State.  Adding another PF wouldn’t have made a ton of sense for us.
I'd have been fine with a PF that could start, but that is not Green.  Someone that would have moved Horford to the bench would have been fine with me.  Keeps both Al and Rob fresher that way.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #626 on: July 19, 2022, 10:49:48 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
I'ld be okay with sending OKC a 2nd rounder for Muscala and have him slip into a TPE, though I can understand waiting to get a vet min guy who would cost less luxury tax.

Musicals just resigned in OKC on a one year minimum deal, which means a) he can’t be traded until mid season, b) he can’t be traded at all without his permission, and c) no TPE is needed because he’s at the minimum.

« Reply #627 on: July 19, 2022, 11:01:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Musicals just resigned in OKC on a one year minimum deal, which means a) he can’t be traded until mid season, b) he can’t be traded at all without his permission, and c) no TPE is needed because he’s at the minimum.
Oh well.

« Reply #628 on: July 20, 2022, 12:37:51 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

The switch away from two big to one big lineups meant his offensive limitations are more highlighted than ever at forward and he is too small at center. A classic tweener for the new-age. He was born about 10-15 years too late. He would've been much more valued in the past than in today's league.

Except for maybe GSW who like to play small centers and have enough offense to hide limited offensive big men / forwards. That looks a good home for him; hopefully anyway.

Sounds like another Derrick White but a PF version

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #629 on: July 20, 2022, 04:55:16 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Sounds like another Derrick White but a PF version

That's a huge insult to Derrick White, who is a much better player and has a much more positive impact on the court.