Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 104574 times)

Re: Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2022, 04:19:20 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
ESPN: “[The Nets] are prepared to lose both Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant.” @WindhorstESPN on the state of the Nets.

Pretty crazy..

Brad Stevens better on the phone for KD

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2022, 04:21:54 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
BK will suck, maybe we can poach Bruce Brown from them....or Harris
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2022, 04:23:16 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Gonna be Durant to Phoenix for Ayton...Kyrie to the Lakers

What can the Lakers send anyone? Durant for Ayton is a lopsided trade.

« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2022, 04:25:28 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

That would be pretty improbable.  It would be very difficult to make Ayton and Durant match salaries while also keeping the Nets below the apron, especially if the Nets were also getting Russ from the Lakers.

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2022, 04:28:05 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379

What can the Lakers send anyone? Durant for Ayton is a lopsided trade.

Ayton is a FA--they can sign and trade him...LA would trade Westbrook for Kyrie--even though they say they wouldn't
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2022, 04:45:39 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Just to clarify the nets can’t “lose” Durant he is under contract for 4 more seasons. They can choose to trade him if they want.

« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2022, 04:49:05 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Just to clarify the nets can’t “lose” Durant he is under contract for 4 more seasons. They can choose to trade him if they want.

This is sort of true.  Durant, however, absolutely has the status to force a trade to a team of his choosing, and it’s highly unlikely the Nets would get anyone near his caliber in return.

« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2022, 04:58:25 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

This is sort of true.  Durant, however, absolutely has the status to force a trade to a team of his choosing, and it’s highly unlikely the Nets would get anyone near his caliber in return.

Then they don’t have to trade him? He is not sitting out the rest of his career or retiring. Do they wait till they get something. Even the 76ers were able to get an all star for simmons holding out and simmons is a much worst player with serious physical and mental health concerns. If Durant says I will only play for Celtics you think that forces them to trade us him for theis and smart?

« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2022, 05:11:22 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I find the media reports stating that the Nets are going to get a historic haul for Durant absolutely absurd. He’s going to be 34 years old to start the season and teams that he will want to go to won’t gut their rosters or mortgage their future for him. The NY media hype train is on overload

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2022, 05:13:04 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I find the media reports stating that the Nets are going to get a historic haul for Durant absolutely absurd. He’s going to be 34 years old to start the season and teams that he will want to go to won’t gut their rosters or mortgage their future for him. The NY media hype train is on overload

A team will gladly overpay for him. I hope it's not the Celtics.

« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2022, 05:15:12 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Depends what a major haul is I guess. He was still a top 5 player in league last year and if you add him to a team like the Heat, grizzlies, timberwolves, Celtics, Philly, Dallas or suns, it could push them over the top (obviously depending what we give up to get him). I personally don’t want to give up jb for him, but I think we would have had a parade with him instead of brown in the finals.

« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2022, 05:49:10 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Then they don’t have to trade him? He is not sitting out the rest of his career or retiring. Do they wait till they get something. Even the 76ers were able to get an all star for simmons holding out and simmons is a much worst player with serious physical and mental health concerns. If Durant says I will only play for Celtics you think that forces them to trade us him for theis and smart?

This is an oddly Moranis-like take for you.  We already saw Durant force his way to the Nets and apparently demand that a 1st be sent along with him for DeAngelo Russell.  All while having a torn Achilles.  If Durant wants to go to a team, he will a) get there, and b) make sure his new team keeps its top couple of players, unless he really dislikes one of them.  There are limits, of course, in what the Nets will reasonably accept in return, but if KD wants to play in Boston with Tatum and Brown (and I have no belief that he does) then KD will be playing in Boston with Tatum and Brown.  He, like LeBron, absolutely has the power to pick his team at any time he wants.  The perks of being a superstar.

« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2022, 05:55:37 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
So how long will Kyrie last on his new team before going awol or being injured? Got injured first year in Boston, then gave up second year during the season.

Got injured first year in Brooklyn, made it second year then gave up 3rd season.

« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2022, 05:59:43 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
So how long will Kyrie last on his new team before going awol or being injured? Got injured first year in Boston, then gave up second year during the season.

Got injured first year in Brooklyn, made it second year then gave up 3rd season.

3 months.

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2022, 06:03:38 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364

3 months.

Wouldn't surprise me. Also the second time this guy has said he will re-sign somewhere then not within months.