Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 105225 times)

Re: NBA Off Season 2022
« Reply #585 on: July 14, 2022, 10:02:55 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I wonder what the Pacers do with their cap space now.  Go after Sexton?

Wonder where Sexton ends up? I would've said the Knicks but they got Brunson...

Cleveland, San Antonio or Indiana, right?

Think the Spurs intend to tank next year based on their moves this year

Well Sexton can help with that.  ;D
You might be right about Sexton, but there are cheaper alternatives that offer even better odds.

« Reply #586 on: July 14, 2022, 10:32:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I just don't understand why if the Suns were willing to pay him 4 years, 133 million, why they just didn't extend him last summer.  Maybe could have even gotten him cheaper than that.  Just a weird front office move.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #587 on: July 14, 2022, 10:33:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

You might be right about Sexton, but there are cheaper alternatives that offer even better odds.

True! Where do you think Sexton ends up?

« Reply #588 on: July 14, 2022, 10:34:18 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I just don't understand why if the Suns were willing to pay him 4 years, 133 million, why they just didn't extend him last summer.  Maybe could have even gotten him cheaper than that.  Just a weird front office move.

Yeah, they cheaped out after they made it to the finals. Let that contract get in the way of team harmony.

« Reply #589 on: July 14, 2022, 10:42:28 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Cavs?:

. ‘He has no market,’ an opposing executive told cleveland.com.

« Reply #590 on: July 14, 2022, 10:46:29 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Cavs?:

. ‘He has no market,’ an opposing executive told cleveland.com.

Why would the Cavs want him? They are better without him. The Magic could use a couple more guards!  ;D

"The Cleveland Cavaliers extended a qualifying offer to guard Collin Sexton, making him a restricted free agent, the team announced Tuesday. The offer sheet is worth $7.2 million."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 10:56:35 PM by liam »

« Reply #591 on: July 14, 2022, 11:39:51 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Some fun from James Harden

Which, especially in the summer after a grueling season, can be challenging. James Harden: “I’ve got to be cautious of what I eat, because as you get older, your metabolism slows down. It sucks honestly, because I love to eat and I don’t want to be having to watch how many calories I intake. I don’t shred fat as fast as I used to, so I have to work extra hard, especially in the summertime. In the summertime, I just want to be free; I want to eat, sip wine, and do whatever I want to do.

The struggle is real James Harden, the struggle is real. He echoes this sentiment, saying, “Being focused is boring, you know what I mean? Sometimes you want to have a little fun. Still, there is a goal, and to get there, you have to put the work in. For the most part, this summer is going to be about strictly focusing on basketball, and being in the best shape, the best condition, and making sure my body feels good, ultimately. But you also have to find a balance, and I think that’s what I’m doing. I think that’s what I’m great at.”

« Reply #592 on: July 15, 2022, 12:25:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Which, especially in the summer after a grueling season, can be challenging. James Harden: “I’ve got to be cautious of what I eat, because as you get older, your metabolism slows down. It sucks honestly, because I love to eat and I don’t want to be having to watch how many calories I intake. I don’t shred fat as fast as I used to, so I have to work extra hard, especially in the summertime. In the summertime, I just want to be free; I want to eat, sip wine, and do whatever I want to do.

The struggle is real James Harden, the struggle is real. He echoes this sentiment, saying, “Being focused is boring, you know what I mean? Sometimes you want to have a little fun. Still, there is a goal, and to get there, you have to put the work in. For the most part, this summer is going to be about strictly focusing on basketball, and being in the best shape, the best condition, and making sure my body feels good, ultimately. But you also have to find a balance, and I think that’s what I’m doing. I think that’s what I’m great at.”
Certainly honest :P
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #593 on: July 15, 2022, 12:26:42 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

At least he's keeping it real. The slowing of the metabolism truly does suck, as I've been discovering in recent years (I'm now 46).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #594 on: July 18, 2022, 01:34:31 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
I’ve never been a fan of James Harden, but you have to give him credit for what he’s sacrificing financially in order to win. Between what he left on the table in Houston and taking a paycut now in Philly, I wouldn’t be surprised if he lost out on $100M. Nice to see that some of the Star players care more about winning than the money.

James Harden says he'll take 'whatever is left over' from Philadelphia 76ers in next contract

James Harden isn't playing hardball in contract talks with the Philadelphia 76ers; he just wants "whatever is left over."

"I had conversations with [team president] Daryl [Morey], and it was explained how we could get better and what the market value was for certain players. I told Daryl to improve the roster, sign who we needed to sign and give me whatever is left over," Harden told Yahoo Sports. "This is how bad I want to win. I want to compete for a championship. That's all that matters to me at this stage. I'm willing to take less to put us in position to accomplish that."
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #595 on: July 18, 2022, 07:57:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
I’ve never been a fan of James Harden, but you have to give him credit for what he’s sacrificing financially in order to win. Between what he left on the table in Houston and taking a paycut now in Philly, I wouldn’t be surprised if he lost out on $100M. Nice to see that some of the Star players care more about winning than the money.

James Harden says he'll take 'whatever is left over' from Philadelphia 76ers in next contract

James Harden isn't playing hardball in contract talks with the Philadelphia 76ers; he just wants "whatever is left over."

"I had conversations with [team president] Daryl [Morey], and it was explained how we could get better and what the market value was for certain players. I told Daryl to improve the roster, sign who we needed to sign and give me whatever is left over," Harden told Yahoo Sports. "This is how bad I want to win. I want to compete for a championship. That's all that matters to me at this stage. I'm willing to take less to put us in position to accomplish that."

It's weird that Harden is the anti-Beal, but in a good way.

« Reply #596 on: July 18, 2022, 08:01:19 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Kenrich Williams signed a 4-year, $27 million extension.  I’m a fan of his, and luckily he’s signed this extension just in time (by a day!) to be eligible to be traded before the Hernangomez exception expires.

« Reply #597 on: July 18, 2022, 09:01:00 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Anti-Beal and Lillard, too. Don’t let him off the hook. These guys are trying to have their cake and eat it too. Good luck getting traded to a contender when you are going to eat up 1/3 of their cap space. Those two don’t care about winning.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #598 on: July 18, 2022, 09:07:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Anti-Beal and Lillard, too. Don’t let him off the hook. These guys are trying to have their cake and eat it too. Good luck getting traded to a contender when you are going to eat up 1/3 of their cap space. Those two don’t care about winning.
I still do not get the Lillard extension at all. Not sure I ever will

« Reply #599 on: July 18, 2022, 09:23:31 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
I've always appreciated Harden's attitude on the floor.  He has always been willing to change his role based on what his team needed.  It has always been Harden's preparation and attitude off the floor that hasn't been likeable.  I'd be perfectly fine if Philly made it to the ECF and lost to Boston.  Don't think it will happen (the Philly part) as I don't think they are better than either Boston or Milwaukee, but I wouldn't mind seeing them have more success than they've had at any time since Iverson.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip