Author Topic: NBA Off Season 2022  (Read 104478 times)

Re: NBA Off Season 2022
« Reply #1200 on: October 15, 2022, 01:14:46 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
Jordan Poole getting paid! 4 years, 140 million:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10034651-jordan-poole-warriors-finalizing-4-year-140m-contract-extension

Poole's agent is the real MVP for this lol. No way Poole is worth that much

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1201 on: October 15, 2022, 01:29:20 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
Maybe a payoff for not taking legal action against Green.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #1202 on: October 15, 2022, 01:44:34 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Maybe a payoff for not taking legal action against Green.

Haha....

"Hey, can you kick my ass so I can extort a little more money from the organization?  Thanks."

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1203 on: October 15, 2022, 01:54:23 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Shams Charania @ShamsCharania
about 9 minutes ago

Lakers’ G/F Matt Ryan has made the team’s current opening night roster, as the team won’t waive him by today’s roster cut deadline, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Ryan shot 37.5 percent from 3-point land in preseason – including 20-point performance with six 3s last Sunday.

I don't quite understand why we didn't at least give Ryan a camp invite, but I'm happy for him.  I just wish it wasn't the Lakers.  I've enjoyed watching him on Maine and in the summer league.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1204 on: October 15, 2022, 03:15:57 PM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
about 9 minutes ago

Lakers’ G/F Matt Ryan has made the team’s current opening night roster, as the team won’t waive him by today’s roster cut deadline, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Ryan shot 37.5 percent from 3-point land in preseason – including 20-point performance with six 3s last Sunday.

I don't quite understand why we didn't at least give Ryan a camp invite, but I'm happy for him.  I just wish it wasn't the Lakers.  I've enjoyed watching him on Maine and in the summer league.

My guess is he wanted a chance at a team where he'd actually have a chance to play (even in preseason). Between the Jay's, our 4 starting-caliber guards, sharpshooters Pritchard and Hauser, and small-big Grant, I don't think there was much room for Ryan to even get developmental minutes ahead of other guys on the team, even in camp. Like, does Ryan even make the cut to be on the court for a 5-on-5 training camp scrimmage, especially given our Kabengele/Vonleh competition and getting Griffin back in shape?

« Reply #1205 on: October 15, 2022, 06:06:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Wiggins, 4 year 109 million extension. Less than Poole. Ha ha.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1206 on: October 15, 2022, 06:22:48 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431

Poole turned 23 in June, Wiggins will be 28 in Feb. Guess they feel like Jordan has more upside at this point. What do you think Poole’s ceiling might be, like a CJ McCollum?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1207 on: October 15, 2022, 06:47:37 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Wiggins was key to their Finals win last season too. Poole, not so much.

« Reply #1208 on: October 15, 2022, 06:49:59 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
about 9 minutes ago

He'll be on the blame train with LeBron who routinely throws his team mates under the bus.

« Reply #1209 on: October 15, 2022, 10:04:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Poole turned 23 in June, Wiggins will be 28 in Feb. Guess they feel like Jordan has more upside at this point. What do you think Poole’s ceiling might be, like a CJ McCollum?
Poole strikes more as an instant offense guy off the bench.  More like Lou Williams or Jamal Crawford.  I think they significantly overpaid him.  Wiggins is a much better player.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1210 on: October 15, 2022, 10:33:55 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Poole strikes more as an instant offense guy off the bench.  More like Lou Williams or Jamal Crawford.  I think they significantly overpaid him.  Wiggins is a much better player.

I agree that’s what Poole is now, as he is giving the Warriors 18ppg off the bench. Do you think there’s much room for him to get better considering he’s only 23? Tyler Herro is in a similar situation.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 11:18:33 PM by Goldstar88 »
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1211 on: October 16, 2022, 12:13:04 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
about 9 minutes ago

I feel the same. I’d much rather have him over Justin Jackson. Jackson is better at the wing though, as emergency depth if JT or JB miss time.

« Reply #1212 on: October 16, 2022, 09:45:08 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867

I agree that’s what Poole is now, as he is giving the Warriors 18ppg off the bench. Do you think there’s much room for him to get better considering he’s only 23? Tyler Herro is in a similar situation.

Both Poole and Herro are curious contracts.  I am not sure that Poole continues to put up 18'ish points moving forward.  Thompson is back now.  Poole won't start or get as many minutes.  Clearly the GSW think he is good.  And Miami likes Herro.  We are paying our 6th man (Brogdon) $22.M moving forward vs. Herro and Poole at $27M/$31M starting next season.  I guess that is the going rate for a starter level 6th man guard.

Look what happened with Duncan Robinson though.  Big contract to keep your guy, now it is a bad contract taking up space.  I guess so long as you are able to keep resigning your players, the cap doesn't matter so much, or having a few overpriced players.  But in the long run, teams with bad contracts tend to get weighed down by them.  Don't know if that will be the case with Poole and Herro, if they keep scoring 20 pts, all is good I guess.

The Celtics of course are dealing with the same thing with Grant Williams.  Grant isn't going to give you 20 pts off the bench like Poole and Herro can but he does plenty of other things.  They are probably offering half or less as compared to what Herro and Poole got.  Then you look at PHO and they let Ayton become a RFA and just matched to keep their guy.  And Ayton is a clear starter.

« Reply #1213 on: October 16, 2022, 01:22:46 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Both Poole and Herro are curious contracts.  I am not sure that Poole continues to put up 18'ish points moving forward.  Thompson is back now.  Poole won't start or get as many minutes.  Clearly the GSW think he is good.  And Miami likes Herro.  We are paying our 6th man (Brogdon) $22.M moving forward vs. Herro and Poole at $27M/$31M starting next season.  I guess that is the going rate for a starter level 6th man guard.

Look what happened with Duncan Robinson though.  Big contract to keep your guy, now it is a bad contract taking up space.  I guess so long as you are able to keep resigning your players, the cap doesn't matter so much, or having a few overpriced players.  But in the long run, teams with bad contracts tend to get weighed down by them.  Don't know if that will be the case with Poole and Herro, if they keep scoring 20 pts, all is good I guess.

The Celtics of course are dealing with the same thing with Grant Williams.  Grant isn't going to give you 20 pts off the bench like Poole and Herro can but he does plenty of other things.  They are probably offering half or less as compared to what Herro and Poole got.  Then you look at PHO and they let Ayton become a RFA and just matched to keep their guy.  And Ayton is a clear starter.

I don’t think the plan for both Poole and Hero is for them to be a 6th man long term. Believe Herro might be starting this year and Poole likely will be the replacement for Klay who has lost a step and is a FA after next season. I think both Poole and Herro are significantly better than Duncan Robinson. Grant Williams isn’t close to their caliber.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2022, 02:11:20 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #1214 on: October 16, 2022, 04:42:41 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
about 9 minutes ago

My guess is they looked at him and Hauser and decided they didn't need two of these and they like Hauser more bit a big enough margin it didn't matter.

I only saw him in Maine once but I didn't like the attitude I was feeling from him on the court. He was having an off night, though, so it might've been that.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008