Author Topic: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?  (Read 56188 times)

Re: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?
« Reply #330 on: March 14, 2023, 01:51:59 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Been tearing through the new seasons of Mandalorian & Bad Batch concurrently.  Enjoying both and although I keep having to remind myself that we're dealing with two different timelines here;  New Republic (Mandalrian) & beginning of the Empire (Bad Batch)

These are the two I’m currentlly watching. It’s weird. I enjoy both but the Bad Batch is so much more mature while with the Mandalorian I feel like I’m watching Sessame Street sometimes.  I wish the show was just as mature as Bad Batch or Clone Wars. I think kids could follow.

« Reply #331 on: March 15, 2023, 05:13:35 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Been tearing through the new seasons of Mandalorian & Bad Batch concurrently.  Enjoying both and although I keep having to remind myself that we're dealing with two different timelines here;  New Republic (Mandalrian) & beginning of the Empire (Bad Batch)

These are the two I’m currentlly watching. It’s weird. I enjoy both but the Bad Batch is so much more mature while with the Mandalorian I feel like I’m watching Sessame Street sometimes.  I wish the show was just as mature as Bad Batch or Clone Wars. I think kids could follow.

What is it that you find childish / immature about the Mandalorian?

I thought this week’s episode was excellent.  The only quibble I have is that story arcs are sometimes wrapped up too quickly.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #332 on: March 24, 2023, 04:56:05 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4592
Just finished Swarm on Prime.  Not what I thought, was expecting something a little darker, but it was entertaining, best described as Atlanta meets Black Mirror.  Didn't like the ending of the finale though.

I'm hooked on both Snowfall and Wu-Tang An American Saga, both finishing up their final seasons.  Big Wu fan, so the Wu-Tang show is awesome (and I love the story slowly told over multiple seasons instead of crammed into a 2 hour movie like Straight Outta Compton or Notorious), the first 2 seasons I feel like even non-fans could watch and enjoy seeing the story unfold (like my wife), but this final season feels like it's solely for the fans, a lot of inside baseball and a lot more jumping around between the more minor characters.  For a fan it's great though.

And Snowfall, it's like a hood Ozark.  Probably more Sons of Anarchy than the Wire when it comes to realism, but it's enjoyable and well done.   I think they did a great job developing characters and having them evolve. 4 episodes left, interested to see where it goes.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 05:01:36 PM by bdm860 »

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #333 on: March 24, 2023, 04:59:59 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919
Just finished Season 1 of The Boys. Love it. It reminds me a lot of The Watchmen, which is one of my favorites. Also a big Karl Urban fan.

« Reply #334 on: March 24, 2023, 05:30:50 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Just finished Season 1 of The Boys. Love it. It reminds me a lot of The Watchmen, which is one of my favorites. Also a big Karl Urban fan.

Both great shows. Yeah, Urban is my boy. And Homelander is one of the best characters ever

« Reply #335 on: March 24, 2023, 08:07:03 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
wrong thread
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 08:16:13 PM by slamtheking »

« Reply #336 on: March 25, 2023, 07:14:32 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 I’ve been watching old episodes from “The Jamie Kennedy experiment. “. There’s some  really hilarious gags.
  One that me and my mom cracked up over :
  https://youtu.be/YRXWMpq-Cy8

« Reply #337 on: March 25, 2023, 09:23:49 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
Rewatching HBO’s “Girls” for the 1st time since it aired. Hilarious series. If you like Apatow comedies like the “40 Year Old Virgin” and “Knocked up” then give it a try.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 03:05:48 PM by perks-a-beast »

« Reply #338 on: March 25, 2023, 09:51:13 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Been revisiting Bojack Horseman on Netflix.  Enjoying it just as much the second time a few years later.
Yup

« Reply #339 on: March 25, 2023, 11:31:20 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Newest season of Jack Ryan on Prime Video. It was entertaining enough.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #340 on: April 03, 2023, 08:19:36 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Finished Night Agent.  It was really good.  They are supposed to bring back for a second season.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #341 on: April 14, 2023, 10:35:55 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Any Star Trek fans?  Particularly, is anybody watching Picard?

I was quite disappointed with Seasons 1 and 2.  They were watchable, but barely, in my opinion.

The third season, though?  I think it's pretty fantastic.  The penultimate episode, which just aired, was pretty wild.  It sets up an epic confrontation with a villain that has galaxy-wide consequences. 

And that's what I don't get:  This plot line could have easily sustained multiple seasons of good Trek episodes.  Instead, it's going to be resolved in one series finale.  To me, that's a bit frustrating:  when the show is at its absolute peak, with a good foundation to really built from, they're ending it. 

Does anybody else feel differently?  I'm definitely glad to have this season; I just wish we'd had three of this quality.  Thank goodness for Strange New Worlds, I guess.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #342 on: April 14, 2023, 01:37:07 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1799
I'm currently in the middle of season one of Divorce Attorney Shin on Netflix.  I'm not an attorney and I don't play one on tv, however I find this South Korean show funny and different.  The star of the show gave up being a college professor and famous pianist to become a divorce attorney.  He and his two buddies are around the age of 40 and act like they are still in school.  Each episode deals with a divorce.  The negative of the show is it is not dubbed.  You have to listen to them speaking Korean with English subtitles.  You need to stay focused to follow what is happening.  Not for everyone but I am enjoying it. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 02:05:18 PM by Silas »
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #343 on: April 14, 2023, 03:39:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I'm currently in the middle of season one of Divorce Attorney Shin on Netflix.  I'm not an attorney and I don't play one on tv, however I find this South Korean show funny and different.  The star of the show gave up being a college professor and famous pianist to become a divorce attorney.  He and his two buddies are around the age of 40 and act like they are still in school.  Each episode deals with a divorce.  The negative of the show is it is not dubbed.  You have to listen to them speaking Korean with English subtitles.  You need to stay focused to follow what is happening.  Not for everyone but I am enjoying it.

Please tell me the District Attorney is not doing divorce cases, ha ha.

« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2023, 03:45:04 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
I just finished watching 'beef' last night on netflix.  Ali Wong and Steven Yeun (from walking dead).
It was good enough to make me want to keep watching it.  Good writing, and it is a "dramedy", with some def dark humor.
I enjoyed it, and I hope there is a season 2.