Author Topic: Delta can go jump in a lake (Vaccination Status Rant)  (Read 24077 times)

Delta can go jump in a lake (Vaccination Status Rant)
« on: June 16, 2022, 03:03:43 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Heading to the Netherlands tomorrow for a 2 week Euro Trip and had to fly Delta instead of KLM since I had a credit to use. Went to sign into the Pre Flight system where you upload your passport and vaccination data and I've hit a brick wall.

I send the system a copy of my Vaccination Card and they say not enough time has passed since my last vaccination to travel. Last Friday I got the Booster and the system is claiming that it's not enough time since then to be considered fully vaccinated. Meanwhile the Netherlands section of the website that the rejection email redirects you to says:
"Validity begins immediately after booster vaccination, proof of vaccination is valid immediately after receiving a booster dose."
https://www.government.nl/topics/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/requirements-for-proof-of-vaccination

I set up a ticket with Support. They tell me to re-apply. Rejected again. Re-applied again, rejected again. I talk to support again of course there is nothing they can do and I'll have to talke to the gate. Fine that same night I just drive into Logan and wait 45 minutes to ask them in person and the best they can tell me is that "I should be good". I ask them if they can update my status there at the airport? Cant be done since it's too early for you to check into the flight. Can you give me something in writing that I can show Delta on Friday? No we can't give anything like that.

Now I'm waiting for the flight check-in email hoping that it comes tonight so I can drive back into to Delta tonight and get the final confirmation that I can fly tomorrow. It's just too [darn] important to leave to chance that it will all work out at the airport.

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears but otherwise look at this as a cautionary tale if you plan to fly internationally. Nothing worse than being caught between an aggressively wrong automated system and a human staff that are equal parts useless and spineless.

/end_rant

Re: Delta can go jump in a lake (Vaccination Status Rant)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 03:19:26 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Can you call Corporate directly?

Also, one time I had an issue with an airline and went to linked in and wrote DM’s to corporate and Leaders of Customer Service.

A third thing is google email and delta and customer service director and VP and also CEO , COO and CMO email and send direct email with all emails in it and make sure.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 04:04:56 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I mean it sucks, but I thought everyone knew that fully vaccinated meant at least 2 weeks since the last shot.  Why did you wait so long to get the booster?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 04:57:53 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983
I mean it sucks, but I thought everyone knew that fully vaccinated meant at least 2 weeks since the last shot.  Why did you wait so long to get the booster?

The point for Smartacus is that the country he’s traveling to does not appear to have that 2-week requirement.  I have a friend (medical professional) who travels internationally a ton, and her experiences of airlines just making up Covid travel rules at the gate are seemingly endless.  Sure, he probably should have gotten a booster earlier, but I’m going to believe him that Delta is making things up.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 05:34:53 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

The point for Smartacus is that the country he’s traveling to does not appear to have that 2-week requirement.  I have a friend (medical professional) who travels internationally a ton, and her experiences of airlines just making up Covid travel rules at the gate are seemingly endless.  Sure, he probably should have gotten a booster earlier, but I’m going to believe him that Delta is making things up.

Thanks for that Celtics2021. I actually delayed getting boosted recently due to needing to quarantine about a month ago, but this delay was with the knowledge that the Netherlands considers Booster validity to be instant.

My issue is with Delta, if they are going to enforce such extreme measures like barring me from entering a country, they should invest in a support staff that is capable and empowered to resolve issues in real time and not leave them up to the gate staff.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 06:04:05 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298

Could it be due to possible legal issues for Delta? It wouldn't matter in that instance what the protocol is for the Netherlands.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 07:00:09 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Good luck, man.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 08:16:05 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
This is a bummer, but you should be fine - odds are you’re just an edge case that’s set their system a flutter because they probably didn’t updated the two week flag when some destination countries  changed their rules.

And since most people get the shot with more than two weeks to go, it’s probably a pretty uncommon situation.

Enjoy Holland. It’s a very cool country.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.