Author Topic: Star Wars (shows and streaming)...  (Read 1616 times)

Re: Star Wars (shows and streaming)...
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2022, 04:59:25 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -26007
  • Once A CrotoNat, Always A CrotoNat
I liked Mando, but Baby Yoda kinda handcuffed it. The best episodes were the ones he wasn't in. I was looking forward to season 3, but after just watching Boba, I don't know. At least they made it so he can do more than sit around getting into trouble.

I agree with that.  Baby Yoda was a decent enough story line, but they've had a couple of opportunities to ditch the character, and they've chosen not to.  The reason is pretty clearly not for story-telling purposes; it's because I see Baby Yoda toys, stuffies and merchandise everywhere.

And please, Star Wars:  get off of Tattooine.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2022, 05:08:09 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 265
I mostly dislike the prequel trilogy because of bland acting and Jar Jar, but I really enjoyed Obi-Wan. (Since Ewan McGregor was in both, I guess it's safe to say that the writing and/or directing in Obi-Wan was way better than that of the prequels?) Cool to see more of Vader and to have that time period between the last prequel and New Hope filled in. And I was fine with the young Leia. I do wonder, though: What happened to the Inquisitors between Obi-Wan and New Hope? They're not in any of the original movies, correct?

As for the other shows, I really like Mandalorian, and I enjoyed Boba Fett because it fleshes out his story. I've also enjoyed seeing more of "young adult Luke."
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2022, 05:14:33 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 211
BTW, anyone have any 1977 Star Wars toys?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2022, 03:10:58 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 263
I mostly dislike the prequel trilogy because of bland acting and Jar Jar, but I really enjoyed Obi-Wan. (Since Ewan McGregor was in both, I guess it's safe to say that the writing and/or directing in Obi-Wan was way better than that of the prequels?) Cool to see more of Vader and to have that time period between the last prequel and New Hope filled in. And I was fine with the young Leia. I do wonder, though: What happened to the Inquisitors between Obi-Wan and New Hope? They're not in any of the original movies, correct?

As for the other shows, I really like Mandalorian, and I enjoyed Boba Fett because it fleshes out his story. I've also enjoyed seeing more of "young adult Luke."
Four possibles for Inquisitors
1. Starkiller and Droids could have replaced them.
2. They were searching beyond the outer rim for the source of the void in the force.
3. They were searching for force artifacts to bring back the emperor. (Emperor foresaw his demise).
4. They gave up on finding more Jedi and joined royal guard.

The Inquisitors don't appear in original trilogy but emperor's guards do who are rumored to be force sensitive.

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2022, 06:00:25 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 148
I liked Mando, but Baby Yoda kinda handcuffed it. The best episodes were the ones he wasn't in. I was looking forward to season 3, but after just watching Boba, I don't know. At least they made it so he can do more than sit around getting into trouble.

I agree with that.  Baby Yoda was a decent enough story line, but they've had a couple of opportunities to ditch the character, and they've chosen not to.  The reason is pretty clearly not for story-telling purposes; it's because I see Baby Yoda toys, stuffies and merchandise everywhere.

And please, Star Wars:  get off of Tattooine.

The part I don't get is, why wasn't Baby Yoda in the last three at all.  It allegedly takes place after Return of the Jedi.  It would have been able to help for sure.
Don't Make Me Go Beth Dutton On You!

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2022, 09:00:46 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 95
Was a bit disappointed with Andors first 3 episodes.
Different? Kind of
But really good? No,not really.
But I’ll keep watching. See if it gets better

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2022, 10:26:24 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1103
Was a bit disappointed with Andors first 3 episodes.
Different? Kind of
But really good? No,not really.
But I’ll keep watching. See if it gets better

I think it's great. Love the slower, more cerebral pace. Acting and dialogue are strong. And i love the lack of hamfisted fan service.

This show feels like a real event within a larger universe. Love it.