Author Topic: Warriors (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Finals Game #3 6/8/22  (Read 53224 times)

Re: Warriors (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Finals Game #3 6/8/22
« Reply #1395 on: June 09, 2022, 03:27:57 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
Last mountain for this team to conquer is the killer instinct to put teams down. Handle the home prosperity. Win game 4 and this series is all but over. It’s all there for them.

The crowd, home court, curry gimpy. Now is the time. No need to make it difficult on themselves.

Yeah exactly. Game 5 vs. MIL, Games 3 and 6 vs MIA. Had a chance to deliver a "kill shot" and couldn't do it, and came out flat. Time for the C's to show they've matured though and can get it done. I know GSW will come out desperate of course, but the C's are the better and more talented team, they need to play like it tomorrow night.

Not to say losing Game 4 means they'll definitely lose the series, but winning it really puts them in a great spot up 3-1

game 4 is big. because then you dont have to worry if you lose at GS game 5. you have 2 shots to close the series out.

Celtics havent played that well at home this playoffs....but also Warriors have a losing record on the road so there is that...

if we win game 4 our two shots to close out ARE game 5 and 6. last thing you want is to go there on road for a game 7. no thanks. end this series in 5 or 6. we played with fire long enough with bucks and miami. cannot risk getting burned this time.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1396 on: June 09, 2022, 03:33:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Anxious to see how Boston fixes the drop coverage.  Do think GS tries to play in the paint more.

Keep hearing them talk about playing with more force but I don’t know how much that can be. Thought it surprised Boston game 2 but don’t think it will in game 4

« Reply #1397 on: June 09, 2022, 03:41:22 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Anxious to see how Boston fixes the drop coverage.  Do think GS tries to play in the paint more.

Keep hearing them talk about playing with more force but I don’t know how much that can be. Thought it surprised Boston game 2 but don’t think it will in game 4

i am starting to get the feel we are done seeing our bipolar team and that we now have the formula to beat this GS team and we will now be like a wrecking ball rolling downhill while GS slowly loses steam.

like IME said and JT said. impose our will. they had no answer for our size. JT and smart punished curry all night.

we just need to stick to curry in his face hanging off his back whatever like flypaper. do not let him get them into the game. try to limit klay same way. do that and they are done. wiggins cannot carry them.

curry could be hurt now also. they are downplaying it but I do not believe them

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1398 on: June 09, 2022, 04:12:17 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366

i am starting to get the feel we are done seeing our bipolar team and that we now have the formula to beat this GS team and we will now be like a wrecking ball rolling downhill while GS slowly loses steam.

like IME said and JT said. impose our will. they had no answer for our size. JT and smart punished curry all night.

we just need to stick to curry in his face hanging off his back whatever like flypaper. do not let him get them into the game. try to limit klay same way. do that and they are done. wiggins cannot carry them.

Celtics are bigger and more athletic. Last night they finally played like it

« Reply #1399 on: June 09, 2022, 04:27:24 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

I feel that way too.  One of the announcers late in the game mentioned "figured it out" about the Celtics in regards to attacking the Warriors defense.  I missed if they were talking about Tatum specifically or the team but either way, they seem to have put something together in the 4th.

Hopefully Rob can keep being effective.

« Reply #1400 on: June 09, 2022, 04:30:35 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
Want to see someone OD on copium?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEkXeuw5uZQ
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #1401 on: June 09, 2022, 04:42:59 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

My worry is that we reverted to 2021 offense last night in the second half, with Tatum and Smart completely dominating possession. As we know, that is much more of a trick or treat proposition. We are better moving the ball. We haven't learned anything. We won because of a good first half and because Smart shot better than usual.

« Reply #1402 on: June 09, 2022, 04:46:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
If Timelord can play like that for at least two more games, I think we got this series in the bag. Warriors have ZERO answer for him. Not Looney. Not Draymond. Not Iggy. 
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1403 on: June 09, 2022, 04:49:17 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595

My worry is that we reverted to 2021 offense last night in the second half, with Tatum and Smart completely dominating possession. As we know, that is much more of a trick or treat proposition. We are better moving the ball. We haven't learned anything. We won because of a good first half and because Smart shot better than usual.

We won because we held them to 11 pts in the 4th. Tatum had some good looks, but just missed.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #1404 on: June 09, 2022, 04:55:17 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366

I have no problem with some of the shots smart took last night. Back up curry into the post and bully him for a 2? I'll take that all day. That's a high percentage shot. And he took those all game

It's when he takes contested 3s that drive me crazy

« Reply #1405 on: June 09, 2022, 04:55:18 PM »

• Dennis Johnson
Want to see someone OD on copium?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEkXeuw5uZQ

WOW. had to stop watching after 5 minutes

that guy is delusional.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1406 on: June 09, 2022, 05:03:58 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

We won because we held them to 11 pts in the 4th. Tatum had some good looks, but just missed.

Fair enough. I was focusing on the prior post saying that we imposed our will on GS by Tatum and Smart attacking Curry all night.

Without an MVP level player, we impose our will with that defense. But we still need to play intelligent offense, and that means ball and player movement. They took the lead for a bit in the second half, and we were lucky enough to have Tatum and Smart shoot just well enough, but that may not get it done the rest of the series. They can still outshoot us if all we do is play iso.

« Reply #1407 on: June 09, 2022, 05:12:28 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

We haven’t learned anything? Overstatement. Go back to the buckets in the 4th and it’s a mixed bag. Some iso ball and also some beautiful plays. After Tatum roasted Curry a few times, Dubs tried to trap him. Tatum drew the trap then passed to Horford at the top of the key; Al took one quick dribble then threw an alley oop dunk to Rob. Really nice. Smart hit a dagger three after Tatum penetrated to the rim and whipped it to Marcus, who was wide open in the corner. Were there bad possessions? You bet. There were also really good ones. Which is why we scored 22 and they only got 11.

« Reply #1408 on: June 09, 2022, 05:14:54 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Fair enough. I was focusing on the prior post saying that we imposed our will on GS by Tatum and Smart attacking Curry all night.

Without an MVP level player, we impose our will with that defense. But we still need to play intelligent offense, and that means ball and player movement. They took the lead for a bit in the second half, and we were lucky enough to have Tatum and Smart shoot just well enough, but that may not get it done the rest of the series. They can still outshoot us if all we do is play iso.

GS concerns me more than any team we have played so far. why? because those guards can turn it on at anytime it seems and just bomb you out the building with threes. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1409 on: June 09, 2022, 05:27:54 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

They fixed it in the 4th by having Smart take Draymond to start a lot of half-court possessions, so that Horford or Rob didn’t get caught having to deal with Curry coming off screens so much.

I think the adjustment for Golden State will be more Looney, because then they have two potential screeners instead of one.  It’ll also help their rebounding.  The Celtics will have to counter that by making the open perimeter shots that Looney will concede.