Author Topic: Warriors (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Finals Game #3 6/8/22  (Read 52045 times)

Re: Warriors (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Finals Game #3 6/8/22
« Reply #1410 on: June 09, 2022, 06:02:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Anxious to see how Boston fixes the drop coverage.  Do think GS tries to play in the paint more.

Keep hearing them talk about playing with more force but I don’t know how much that can be. Thought it surprised Boston game 2 but don’t think it will in game 4
We'll fix the drop coverages by being further up on the PnR (almost attached to the screener) and trusting our help and switches if they attack inside. We are an elite team at scrambling once the defence has shifted in reaction to penetration and help. It'll be fine - our guys move on a string.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1411 on: June 09, 2022, 06:03:16 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
One thing I will put out there is while Celtics have struggled and now are only 6-4 at home in the playoffs which isn't great, BUT it's never mentioned  warriors are just 3-5 on the road while being 10-1 at home.

Not sure what relevance if has but it does show our best chance is to win at home and that the warriors aren't as tough on the road without their crowd behind them.

« Reply #1412 on: June 09, 2022, 08:07:28 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
Anyone else worried that we ground out the entire second half with Tatum and Smart basically playing offense by themselves? They shot OK and our defense was ferocious so we won, but the odds are against us when we play this type of offense.

I hate our offense.

We set a couple of ball screens, do a couple of handoffs and usually end up with Tatum, Brown or Smart out front with the ball going iso with the defense set and in position to crawl up our ass. Sometimes it ends well with a very athletic, twisting layup or a pass from some contorted position in the lane to a shooter at the 3-point line, who makes the shot. Then again, there are those games - or quarters - where the iso ends up with missed layups, endless missed clunkers from 3 or of course, my personal favorite, a reckless drive dribbling into 3 defenders resulting in a turnover and easy basket at the other end.

Why can't we run a motion offense similar to Golden State with constant screens and movement away from the ball. Maybe not every possession, but often enough to mix things up and to give our talented wings great opportunities to score or set up their teammates.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #1413 on: June 09, 2022, 08:07:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The postgame comments from the Warriors complaining about the fans, wow. I expected complaints about the officiating but complaining that the fans on the road in the finals use bad language? Hahahahaha! Just imagine what they would have heard if they were actually ahead for more than a few plays during the game.

It's one thing I respect about Kobe:  I can't imagine him criticizing an opposing crowd for being too tough.  I have my own views on heckling and the like, but players need to accept that it comes with the territory.  So long as it's not physical and it's not racist, players need to play through that.

Quote from Klay - "We've played in front of rude people before," Thompson said. "Dropping F-bombs with children in the crowd. Real classy. Good job, Boston."

So he's ok with his PF being dirty, pulling Jaylen's pants down, dropping Fbomb after Fbomb to celtics players.  Call Williams out in the media and the countless other things that are a poor example of a role model but he's upset that there are kids in the crowd hearing Fbombs.  I mean there are kids that emulate Draymonds antics and that's ok.  Come on Klay grown up.    Let the parents educate their kids why swearing is not ok for children to do and if they hear adults do it, it does not mean it's ok for them.  GSW can be big babies when they lose and arrogant asshats when they win.

His PF teammate literally dropped the s-bomb next to his kid in the postgame comments.

Klay is a hypocrite, lost any respect for him so I hope he fails miserably. Seems like there's nobody that's likeable in the Warriors team. Bunch of scums
A recent study showed that people who swear a lot, tend to be more intelligent.

« Reply #1414 on: June 09, 2022, 08:28:14 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Last mountain for this team to conquer is the killer instinct to put teams down. Handle the home prosperity. Win game 4 and this series is all but over. It’s all there for them.

The crowd, home court, curry gimpy. Now is the time. No need to make it difficult on themselves.

Yeah exactly. Game 5 vs. MIL, Games 3 and 6 vs MIA. Had a chance to deliver a "kill shot" and couldn't do it, and came out flat. Time for the C's to show they've matured though and can get it done. I know GSW will come out desperate of course, but the C's are the better and more talented team, they need to play like it tomorrow night.

Not to say losing Game 4 means they'll definitely lose the series, but winning it really puts them in a great spot up 3-1

game 4 is big. because then you dont have to worry if you lose at GS game 5. you have 2 shots to close the series out.

Celtics havent played that well at home this playoffs....but also Warriors have a losing record on the road so there is that...

game 4 is a MUST WIN. must go up 3-1. you DO NOT want 2 out the last 3 to be at GS and us having to win another there in that situation. Go up 3-1 and we do not have to win there. lose game 5 then we can close out at home. we have not lost 2 in a row all playoffs. we have won two in a row twice. time for that to happen again friday. who knows we could win 3 in a row. we could break GS will if we win game 4. crazy things happen.

and IF we go up 3-1, i simply DO NOT see GS winning 3 straight against us. no way. no how.

The 2016 Warriors were able to (against the KD/Westbrook Thunder), but prob not the 2022 Warriors.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1415 on: June 09, 2022, 08:29:49 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Last mountain for this team to conquer is the killer instinct to put teams down. Handle the home prosperity. Win game 4 and this series is all but over. It’s all there for them.

The crowd, home court, curry gimpy. Now is the time. No need to make it difficult on themselves.

Yeah exactly. Game 5 vs. MIL, Games 3 and 6 vs MIA. Had a chance to deliver a "kill shot" and couldn't do it, and came out flat. Time for the C's to show they've matured though and can get it done. I know GSW will come out desperate of course, but the C's are the better and more talented team, they need to play like it tomorrow night.

Not to say losing Game 4 means they'll definitely lose the series, but winning it really puts them in a great spot up 3-1

game 4 is big. because then you dont have to worry if you lose at GS game 5. you have 2 shots to close the series out.

Celtics havent played that well at home this playoffs....but also Warriors have a losing record on the road so there is that...

if we win game 4 our two shots to close out ARE game 5 and 6. last thing you want is to go there on road for a game 7. no thanks. end this series in 5 or 6. we played with fire long enough with bucks and miami. cannot risk getting burned this time.

We'd essentially have 3 shots to close them out should we win Game 4.

Best to close them out in Game 5. But, knowing the Celtics and how they like to irritate our complicated hearts...they might lose Games 5 and 6 and then win Game 7 in San Francisco.

That being said, C's in 5!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1416 on: June 09, 2022, 08:38:34 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

if we win game 4 our two shots to close out ARE game 5 and 6. last thing you want is to go there on road for a game 7. no thanks. end this series in 5 or 6. we played with fire long enough with bucks and miami. cannot risk getting burned this time.

Best to close them out in Game 5. But, knowing the Celtics and how they like to irritate our complicated hearts...they might lose Games 5 and 6 and then win Game 7 in San Francisco.

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1417 on: June 09, 2022, 08:50:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
The postgame comments from the Warriors complaining about the fans, wow. I expected complaints about the officiating but complaining that the fans on the road in the finals use bad language? Hahahahaha! Just imagine what they would have heard if they were actually ahead for more than a few plays during the game.

It's one thing I respect about Kobe:  I can't imagine him criticizing an opposing crowd for being too tough.  I have my own views on heckling and the like, but players need to accept that it comes with the territory.  So long as it's not physical and it's not racist, players need to play through that.

Quote from Klay - "We've played in front of rude people before," Thompson said. "Dropping F-bombs with children in the crowd. Real classy. Good job, Boston."

So he's ok with his PF being dirty, pulling Jaylen's pants down, dropping Fbomb after Fbomb to celtics players.  Call Williams out in the media and the countless other things that are a poor example of a role model but he's upset that there are kids in the crowd hearing Fbombs.  I mean there are kids that emulate Draymonds antics and that's ok.  Come on Klay grown up.    Let the parents educate their kids why swearing is not ok for children to do and if they hear adults do it, it does not mean it's ok for them.  GSW can be big babies when they lose and arrogant asshats when they win.

His PF teammate literally dropped the s-bomb next to his kid in the postgame comments.

Klay is a hypocrite, lost any respect for him so I hope he fails miserably. Seems like there's nobody that's likeable in the Warriors team. Bunch of scums
A recent study showed that people who swear a lot, tend to be more intelligent.

True that

« Reply #1418 on: June 09, 2022, 10:03:46 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1551

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  ricky bobby LOL

OMG. i cannot handle another game 7 on the road. I may pull a phantom and not watch. not sure my nerves would hold up. finish this in 5 or 6. PLEASE.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1419 on: June 09, 2022, 10:12:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

OMG. i cannot handle another game 7 on the road. I may pull a phantom and not watch. not sure my nerves would hold up. finish this in 5 or 6. PLEASE.

Watching these games is a combination of fun but also super nerve wracking. It’s better when the team is playing at home though

« Reply #1420 on: June 09, 2022, 10:17:50 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Watching these games is a combination of fun but also super nerve wracking. It’s better when the team is playing at home though

yeah just kidding these do not come around often so i will watch every minute but please end this before game 7.  lets not even entertain that thought. our last game 7 in the finals was a nightmare.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #1421 on: June 09, 2022, 10:22:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

yeah just kidding these do not come around often so i will watch every minute but please end this before game 7.  lets not even entertain that thought. our last game 7 in the finals was a nightmare.

I work at a hospital so if it goes to Game 7 I’ll probably just watch from an ICU bed just to be prepared for whatever happens  :laugh:

« Reply #1422 on: June 09, 2022, 10:28:18 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

I work at a hospital so if it goes to Game 7 I’ll probably just watch from an ICU bed just to be prepared for whatever happens  :laugh:

LET'S GO CELTICS!