Author Topic: Warriors (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Finals Game #3 6/8/22  (Read 53205 times)

Re: Warriors (1-1) at Celtics (1-1) Finals Game #3 6/8/22
« Reply #1335 on: June 09, 2022, 10:14:34 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm not sure what the Warriors are thinking with their comments about the fans lol. Just makes them look so sensitive but also, now the crowd will probably chant "F you Klay" or something lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1336 on: June 09, 2022, 10:16:04 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Toucher and rich said it's almost a given golden state will respond and win game 4. They very well may, but it's not like they played a bad game. Klay and Steph combined for 53 and Wiggins actually played well.

Unless refs get involved like game 2. I think it should be an even game again like game 1 or 3

The celtics have yet to show that they win an important home game. I am not expecting a win, but hoping like crazy for one!

Is this true? Weird how they got to the NBA Finals without winning one important home game.

« Reply #1337 on: June 09, 2022, 10:17:39 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
I'm not sure what the Warriors are thinking with their comments about the fans lol. Just makes them look so sensitive but also, now the crowd will probably chant "F you Klay" or something lol

Pure frustration and petulance. Klay and Curry had good offensive games and it still wasn't enough. Reminds me of the officiating talk. Be better Klay! (Well, not now. After the season be better).

« Reply #1338 on: June 09, 2022, 10:18:30 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
The city of Boston and its fanbase if the C's actually played solid 3rd quarters:

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1339 on: June 09, 2022, 10:21:37 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
Toucher and rich said it's almost a given golden state will respond and win game 4. They very well may, but it's not like they played a bad game. Klay and Steph combined for 53 and Wiggins actually played well.

Unless refs get involved like game 2. I think it should be an even game again like game 1 or 3

The celtics have yet to show that they win an important home game. I am not expecting a win, but hoping like crazy for one!

idk last night was a pretty important home game I would think.

« Reply #1340 on: June 09, 2022, 10:24:45 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132

Is this true? Weird how they got to the NBA Finals without winning one important home game.

Let's go through it: Bucks series: Lose game 1 to lose home court advantage. Lose a pivotal game 5 that puts them down 3-2. There's 2 huge home losses. Game 7 was a good win, and I will give them that.

Heat series: Lose game 3 to give Miami home court advantage back. Lose game 6 at home to clinch the ECF.

I just gave the 5 most important home games of the playoffs so far, and 4 of them have been loses. So instead of being sarcastic, why don't you acknowledge we've been beyond disappointing at home these playoffs.

« Reply #1341 on: June 09, 2022, 10:26:19 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Let's go through it: Bucks series: Lose game 1 to lose home court advantage. Lose a pivotal game 5 that puts them down 3-2. There's 2 huge home losses. Game 7 was a good win, and I will give them that.

Heat series: Lose game 3 to give Miami home court advantage back. Lose game 6 at home to clinch the ECF.

I just gave the 5 most important home games of the playoffs so far, and 4 of them have been loses. So instead of being sarcastic, why don't you acknowledge we've been beyond disappointing at home these playoffs.

Not sure how you can rank Miami game 3 when it was tied 1-1 above Golden State game 3 when it was tied 1-1.

I also think Game 1 against the Nets was huge in setting up the playoff success.

« Reply #1342 on: June 09, 2022, 10:27:21 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366

yeah but then game 2 against bucks was huge to win, game 4 against Miami at home was huge. you cant discount games where they win after a loss as not big games.

« Reply #1343 on: June 09, 2022, 10:31:49 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
To be fair, my original post should have said have yet to show they can win an important home game after winning one previously. We all know that we're now 7-0 after losses in the playoffs. This teams response has not been a problem after losses. It's been a major problem after wins. Which is what I just layed out in my previous post.

« Reply #1344 on: June 09, 2022, 10:35:12 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
To be fair, my original post should have said have yet to show they can win an important home game after winning one previously. We all know that we're now 7-0 after losses in the playoffs. This teams response has not been a problem after losses. It's been a major problem after wins. Which is what I just layed out in my previous post.

The only reason Game 2 vs. the Nets wasn’t important, I guess, is because we ultimately swept them?  So by winning such a game, setting up the sweep, makes it not important?

« Reply #1345 on: June 09, 2022, 10:40:52 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595

I'd say game 2 of the MKE and game 4 of the heat series was pretty important.

I agree they've not had much of a HCA in the playoffs, but I would've say they've not won important games.

Yesterday I said I was more concerned with game 4 than game 3. It kind of feels like that will determine the series.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #1346 on: June 09, 2022, 10:46:25 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
Just watched the game. They kept the turnovers in check which was terrific but I did not see this adjustment coming: C’s pounded the Dubs inside! Just so much effort on the boards! Gotta love it. Warriors will adjust but if C’s can keep pouring on the effort, the significantly bigger and more athletic team can win the boards.

Some weird coverages in the 3rd and I’m assuming Al was gassed or something? Really weird play from a high IQ player getting caught more than once slipping.

I also love how JB responded to the challenge of Draymond. There was a lot of fight in the C’s and this isn’t a team that looks “too young” out there (unlike when KD first made his finals or when Lebron first made his finals).

- LilRip

« Reply #1347 on: June 09, 2022, 10:51:41 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395
On the officiating, it was pretty good, I thought. What stands out is that both teams were allowed to play and be physical. When it’s a contest like that, C’s will thrive over the Dubs because they’re the more physical team. When whistles are erratic, it gets so hard to defend physically because you don’t know if the whistle will get blown or not. In those cases, the more finesse team like the Dubs will thrive because players are forced to play with more space.
- LilRip

« Reply #1348 on: June 09, 2022, 10:54:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
To have the best chance ,  the next game is a must as much as last game for both teams,  Celtics need it to carry the momentum going back to CA.

I’m expecting ejections , hopefully Smart can keep his emotions to retaliate in check….looking for a blood bath .

« Reply #1349 on: June 09, 2022, 10:59:31 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
Home court should be more of an advantage in the finals as there is more travel involved (longer flights) and more time zones.  The Celtics so far have won some big home games and lost some.

But this next home game they have is really really big.  The pattern has been that they win the home games when their backs are against the wall and let some slip away in other cases.  This is not true of course with the home wins against BKN, but it has been true enough of the time that it is a fair concern.

Somehow, they need to figure out how to play Game 4 like their backs are against the wall.  And the truth is that this may be the case.  This is the game to take.  This is the moment that may decide the series.  Of course it doesn't literally decide the series, being 2-2 still give both team opportunities, but the Celtics can't afford to squander any opportunities.  It is the finals against a really good team.

And then there is the issue with the 3rd period (of course for the Warriors, the 4th quarter is and even bigger issue).  Maybe the Celtics need to pretend it isn't half time.  Change the routine somehow.  Pretend it is a long 4th period and not the 3rd.