Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 564505 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2021, 11:16:13 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
It's only preseason but the Nets look terrible on defense.

Sounds good to me. Hopefully they implode.

It might just be the vets cruising during preseason...
probably but then again, none of their stars are known for their defense.   looking forward to what our team can do against them. 

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2021, 04:30:37 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

It might just be the vets cruising during preseason...
probably but then again, none of their stars are known for their defense.   looking forward to what our team can do against them.
Harden is also looking chubby again.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2021, 07:47:37 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

What defense ?  This looked like 1960’s basketball , but it was the whole league then

Yes , hardens avg will drop 10 points at least this season because of his cheap contact fouls he drew seemingly 2-3 times a quarter .

I’m sure when the refs were be trained to limit those bogus fouls they used the 1000’s of Harden images to study the point ,  he was the master of this and was a main weapon for scoring.

« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2021, 07:55:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

with Kyrie it’s not if he ll get hurt , it’s just a matter of when or he ll have a brain failure , go off course mentally or something bizarre ,  and this will make KD …a walking skeleton human to play harder and more minutes ,  and then he ll be hurt too. 

80 games is a lifetime for some of these guys bodies at this point.

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2021, 11:03:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Austin Reeves reminds me of a young Danny Ainge, too bad he's Laker. :(

« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2021, 12:23:02 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
The Lakers haven’t had a pre-season this bad since their last ill fated attempt at creating a super-team in 2012-13.

Seriously, they are 0-4 and currently losing to the GSW who are without, Curry, Green, Thompson and Wiseman…not to mention that the Lakers core are healthy and playing big minutes.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2021, 12:56:53 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
The Lakers haven’t had a pre-season this bad since their last ill fated attempt at creating a super-team in 2012-13.

Seriously, they are 0-4 and currently losing to the GSW who are without, Curry, Green, Thompson and Wiseman…not to mention that the Lakers core are healthy and playing big minutes.

The one notable thing I would take away is that westbrook is struggling bad playing with Lebron. He has an absolute insane amount of turnovers. Will be interesting to see if that continues in regular season.

« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2021, 09:12:33 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

The one notable thing I would take away is that westbrook is struggling bad playing with Lebron. He has an absolute insane amount of turnovers. Will be interesting to see if that continues in regular season.
He had 9 turnovers in the game Lebron didn't play with him, and only 5 yesterday.  Seems like Lebron actually is reducing his turnovers.

Last night was the first time all 3 of AD, Lebron, and RW actually played in a presason game and AD and Lebron were both +2 (Russ was -5).  I think the fact that the two best players were positive probably was a good sign if your a Lakers fan because they will both up their minutes in the regular season and all 3 will get more comfortable from a chemistry perspective as they play more. 

That said, preseason games don't really tell much of anything as teams play basically their whole roster and use all sorts of roster combinations.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2021, 09:17:00 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

I’ve been selling hard on the Lakers.  There’s no easy (read: 100% legal so I don’t lose my government job) way for me to put a decent sum of money on the under for the Lakers win title this year, while living in Mass, is there?

« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2021, 10:42:59 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

He had 9 turnovers in the game Lebron didn't play with him, and only 5 yesterday.  Seems like Lebron actually is reducing his turnovers.

Last night was the first time all 3 of AD, Lebron, and RW actually played in a presason game and AD and Lebron were both +2 (Russ was -5).  I think the fact that the two best players were positive probably was a good sign if your a Lakers fan because they will both up their minutes in the regular season and all 3 will get more comfortable from a chemistry perspective as they play more. 

That said, preseason games don't really tell much of anything as teams play basically their whole roster and use all sorts of roster combinations.

Sorry this is incorrect. Westbrook also played with Lebron last Friday and also had 6 turnovers then. He has been a turnover machine.

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2021, 11:36:53 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Sorry this is incorrect. Westbrook also played with Lebron last Friday and also had 6 turnovers then. He has been a turnover machine.
Nothing I said was incorrect.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2021, 11:59:10 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Nothing I said was incorrect.

The way you wrote it certainly implied that Westbrook only played one game with Lebron. He actually has two games with him and both very high turnovers. At a larger level you are just doing your typical nonsense of being difficult and starting arguments over nothing. Westbrook has had a lot of turnovers this preseason both with and without Lebron (20 in 71 minutes). It will be interesting to see if that continues in the regular season. I even noted it was just preseason. It is not something that warrants a debate. Do you start arguments with puddles when you walk by them? It is just insufferable sometimes.

« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2021, 05:28:44 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

"Only 5" in 28 minutes of play, LOL
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2021, 09:31:25 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307
Dallas     127
Charlotte  59

Charlotte made a couple FTs at the end to get the final margin under 70.

« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2021, 09:58:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Dallas     127
Charlotte  59

Charlotte made a couple FTs at the end to get the final margin under 70.

That's shameful, even for a preseason game.