Author Topic: 2019-20 EPL Season  (Read 26387 times)

Re: 2019-20 EPL Season
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2020, 05:46:19 AM »

Offline mariotherosario

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
  • [url=https://eusportslive.com/]soccer stats[/url]
Nobody talks about Leicester being on top of the game. Again.  8)
Feel free to visit my web site ... soccer stats

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2020, 01:48:35 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
MOURINHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

8) signature win lads
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2020, 02:23:24 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
June 17th!!!! Thank god :)

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2023, 04:19:37 PM »

Offline theswitch

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 150
I couldn't find another relevant thread and didn't want to create one if there isn't much interest (since there hasn't been one in four years) -- but my Spurs are buzzing to start the year. It's been such a brutal few years of dreadful football, diva coaches, and drag on the club. A terrible aura around the group and no optimism with an aging roster with no leadership.

Now -- and you have to acknowledge that it's early in the project -- it's a really fun and different story. How crazy is it to see new life inject so drastic of a change within 2-3 months. Ange Postecoglou is already a cult hero amongst supporters with his charisma, attractive football, desire to play younger players who haven't had time in the system yet, and...being a really good dude which is a breath of fresh air.

And the squad -- from one year to the next there's been a huge youth movement with Vicario (replacing Lloris), Udogie (replacing Perisic at LB / LWB), Van de Ven (replacing...Davies?), Romero (who was already there but kicking Dier and Sanchez out of the squad), Porro (replacing Royal who in fairness is young too but not top quality), Bissouma hitting stride effectively replacing Dier with an extra midfielder, Sarr (replacing Hoj), Madders (replacing nobody really, haven't had anyone in this role in a while), and then Johnson effectively replacing Kane while shifting Son over. Bentacur, Son, Kulusevski still there. A lot of movement, but what underscores it is that a bunch of these guys are 20-25 instead of old, slow, not top quality. And all that done without spending the Kane money yet, really. A portion of it perhaps. The depth is an issue but it's just really exciting to want to wake up and watch rather than have it be a chore. Back to a highlight of the weekend. I hope it lasts.

I haven't seen gouki on this thread but would be curious if Ange has become a cult hero in Australia as well for any Aussies. Spurs are quietly doing a cool job of growing in the US market (i.e., hosting NFL games), dominating Asia (because of Son), and now Australia is apparently in love with the team because of Big Ange. Big growth in important markets.
2023 Historical Draft: Toronto Raptors

Point Guard: Anfernee Hardaway, Fat Lever, Terrell Brandon
Shooting Guard: Paul Westphal, Paul Pressey
Small Forward: Marques Johnson, Danny Granger
Power Forward: Jermaine O'Neal, Bobby Jones, Kiki Vandeweghe
Center: Marc Gasol, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2023, 05:03:35 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The BBC had an article on Ange recently. He said he played for Puskas (manager) and Puskas did not care if they conceded 4 goals, it just meant they had to score 5 on the other end. They ended up winning the league (in Australia I think) while scoring a boat load of goals. This convinced Ange this was a fun way to play and that it could succeed - why he believes in attacking football.

Oh, I think Ange said he was a full back who didn't like / couldn't defend. So he liked Puskas' attacking football. Suited Ange.

« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2023, 05:56:36 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I couldn't find another relevant thread and didn't want to create one if there isn't much interest (since there hasn't been one in four years) -- but my Spurs are buzzing to start the year. It's been such a brutal few years of dreadful football, diva coaches, and drag on the club. A terrible aura around the group and no optimism with an aging roster with no leadership.

Now -- and you have to acknowledge that it's early in the project -- it's a really fun and different story. How crazy is it to see new life inject so drastic of a change within 2-3 months. Ange Postecoglou is already a cult hero amongst supporters with his charisma, attractive football, desire to play younger players who haven't had time in the system yet, and...being a really good dude which is a breath of fresh air.

And the squad -- from one year to the next there's been a huge youth movement with Vicario (replacing Lloris), Udogie (replacing Perisic at LB / LWB), Van de Ven (replacing...Davies?), Romero (who was already there but kicking Dier and Sanchez out of the squad), Porro (replacing Royal who in fairness is young too but not top quality), Bissouma hitting stride effectively replacing Dier with an extra midfielder, Sarr (replacing Hoj), Madders (replacing nobody really, haven't had anyone in this role in a while), and then Johnson effectively replacing Kane while shifting Son over. Bentacur, Son, Kulusevski still there. A lot of movement, but what underscores it is that a bunch of these guys are 20-25 instead of old, slow, not top quality. And all that done without spending the Kane money yet, really. A portion of it perhaps. The depth is an issue but it's just really exciting to want to wake up and watch rather than have it be a chore. Back to a highlight of the weekend. I hope it lasts.

I haven't seen gouki on this thread but would be curious if Ange has become a cult hero in Australia as well for any Aussies. Spurs are quietly doing a cool job of growing in the US market (i.e., hosting NFL games), dominating Asia (because of Son), and now Australia is apparently in love with the team because of Big Ange. Big growth in important markets.
Soccer isn't huge here, although the Matildas recent WC effort have really driven it up a bit. However, Ange is really loved down here. I don't think our governing body for soccer treated him very well when he was national coach, but he's a hero nonetheless. I'm from the area he got his start (South Melbourne), and he may as well be a god down there
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)