Author Topic: Pollard v. Moore  (Read 4824 times)

Re: Pollard v. Moore
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Yeah, I agree. Theoretically, an healthy Pollard is the superior player for our needs, I think, but an healthy Pollard is basically an oxymoron these days and we don't even know if he's in shape. 
Theoretically, Shaq in his prime is the superior player for our needs.

Pollard is NOT healthy. He never was during his tenure in Boston, and never will be -- that's why he is not on an NBA roster anymore. I fail to see the basis for comparison here.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 12:33:27 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
You can say Pollard is injury prone, but if he is healthy now, then he's healthy now.

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 12:35:07 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
The mere thought of Pollard at this point is ridiculous.  We are making a play at Moore because we have no guarantees with Smith.  Simple as that.  I think we have to go for it as in the end, we could be left wth nothing.

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 01:02:39 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
You can say Pollard is injury prone, but if he is healthy now, then he's healthy now.

if he's healthy now, which no one knows for sure, why hasent any other team in the league who is looking for a big talking to him at least to see where he's at?

he's done.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 02:52:11 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
this is like the equivalent of asking "would you like to die by being set on fire or by drowning?"

again, AJ, I'm not suggesting we target Moore. I'm suggesting we target Smith.

Which form of death are you associating with getting Smith?

i was noting the moore / pollard comparison...thought was obvious, but i guess that's why we never assume, right?
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."