Author Topic: Joe Smith DNP Last Night  (Read 3570 times)

Joe Smith DNP Last Night
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:31:34 AM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44
I noticed that Joe Smith logged in a DNP last night.  Could this be a sign of a buyout soon to come,  I don't see any injury out there, and the last few games he was getting about 15 min. to 20 min. a game.  With the Garnett injury this is such an ideal time for him to come in.  Give him a good 2 to 3 weeks to log in time and get acclimated to the team.

Re: Joe Smith DNP Last Night
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 10:38:22 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
I noticed that Joe Smith logged in a DNP last night.  Could this be a sign of a buyout soon to come,  I don't see any injury out there, and the last few games he was getting about 15 min. to 20 min. a game.  With the Garnett injury this is such an ideal time for him to come in.  Give him a good 2 to 3 weeks to log in time and get acclimated to the team.

Good catch.  Hopefully that does mean a buyout is coming soon and it doesn't get dragged out.  The Celtics need some veteran bodies out there so Pierce and Ray aren't logging 40+ minutes every night.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 10:42:38 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Oh Man, I hope so.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 10:57:30 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Suns were playing a lot of small ball, and well, running the young Thunder off the court.

Not a good matchup for Joe Smith. I wouldn't read anything into this, let's see if he plays the next game. If he's DNP again then there's something to it.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 11:00:55 AM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
Something to look for tonight then, I guess.   

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Hes been a DNP since february 10th
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 11:46:21 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Looks like hes not playing tonight either. Good news for the Celtics. :)
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Joe Smith from DNP to Inactive
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 03:15:33 AM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
Joe Smith from DNP to Inactive list.  Now once again I tried to look out there and find an injury but don't see one.  I really think this is a buyout in the making.

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 03:57:07 AM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Maybe he's not playing because he can't play very well anymore.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 04:01:41 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

blasphemy

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 04:41:49 AM »

Offline POBstuntin

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 17
Didn't you hear??? Joe Smith is the savior of basketball!  Joe Smith would turn any team in the league into a contender.  I heard he was thinking of signing with the Utah Flash, but the rest of the D league said they couldn't handle the pandemonium it would create at every game.  He's like a LeBron/Oakley/PJ Brown Hybrid.   

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2009, 04:47:58 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Didn't you hear??? Joe Smith is the savior of basketball!  Joe Smith would turn any team in the league into a contender.  I heard he was thinking of signing with the Utah Flash, but the rest of the D league said they couldn't handle the pandemonium it would create at every game.  He's like a LeBron/Oakley/PJ Brown Hybrid.   

LeBron/Oakley/Pj Brown/ JAMES POSEY 

you forgot that his presence alone can make even the most mediocre of players focus on the "little things" and give "110%"

whichever team (C's or Cav's) signs El Capitan will win the championship. (and the funny thing is that might be true.)

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2009, 05:16:58 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
him and will solomon, could turn the flash into contenders

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2009, 10:15:39 AM »

Offline Texstyles

• Al Horford
I know you guys are trying to be comical but the funny thing noone and I repeat noone who is Lobby for him thinks that way.  Just that he is the best fit for this team of the possible FA out there,  and I think this team needs to make a move this year if they wanna win a championship.  Yea we can beat both the Lakers and the Cavs,  but I'm not so sure we can do it in a 7 games series ( Just my opinion,  I hope I'm wrong ) I don't see Moore as the answer.   

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2009, 08:59:13 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
the celtics bench certainly needs help if they want to repeat as champs.

smith would help.

and, gosh i hate to say this, if marbury can join the club it would let their bench outplay other teams' benches.

i hope the celtics sign both of them.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva