Author Topic: Get Bonzi or Give Walker Some Minutes!  (Read 11341 times)

Re: Get Bonzi or Give Walker Some Minutes!
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2009, 12:09:16 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
James Posey would really help at this point of the season.  :'(

Nocioni, too.  :P

Injuries being what they are, I'm kinda glad we don't have 6 players on our roster. ;)

Wow, Roy Hobbs just got served!

Um, yeah, something like that.

What was the reported deal by Hollinger?  I think it was Allen, Scalabrine, Giddens and O'Bryant.

Allen isn't playing.  Scalabrine isn't playing (or not much).  Giddens isn't playing.  And O'Bryant isn't on the roster.

So, yeah, it sure would have been terrible trading Scal for Nocioni.  I don't know what we would have done had that trade gone through, especially with an open roster spot to add Moore immediately while also having room to address other holes.

No I agree. I would have done that rumored deal too. The Roy Hobbs just got served bit was really just my attempt at some slapstick comedy.

LOL, what did we learn?

Roy Hobbs doesn't get served he serves.

I'm kind of itching to see a Roy Hobbs/Chuck Norris thread LOL.

Hmm. Good idea.

Roy, may I ask for your permission to start a Roy Hobbs fact thread?  ;)
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2009, 12:20:19 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
How come Roy Hobbs never writes on the front page of Celticsblog? I usually enjoy his writing in the forum more than the people who write the articles.

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2009, 12:21:08 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
How come Roy Hobbs never writes on the front page of Celticsblog? I usually enjoy his writing in the forum more than the people who write the articles.

He does put up breaking news on the front page.

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2009, 01:02:18 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I'll write occasionally, but I tend to be factual rather than writing opinion pieces.  I envy Jeff's and Steve's ability to come up with fresh commentary every day.

Roy, may I ask for your permission to start a Roy Hobbs fact thread?

Haha.  Funny.  After "Ask Edgar" and the "Battle of the Fruits", I'm not sure that there's anything that's off limits around here.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2009, 01:32:51 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
James Posey would really help at this point of the season.  :'(

Nocioni, too.  :P

Injuries being what they are, I'm kinda glad we don't have 6 players on our roster. ;)

Wow, Roy Hobbs just got served!

Um, yeah, something like that.

What was the reported deal by Hollinger?  I think it was Allen, Scalabrine, Giddens and O'Bryant.

Allen isn't playing.  Scalabrine isn't playing (or not much).  Giddens isn't playing.  And O'Bryant isn't on the roster.

So, yeah, it sure would have been terrible trading Scal for Nocioni.  I don't know what we would have done had that trade gone through, especially with an open roster spot to add Moore immediately while also having room to address other holes.

I thought Baby was in that deal as well, which would have put us at 9 if you count out KG and Cassel. But dang, this got testy quick. You'd think that I had suggested that we could sign a big name free agent in 2010 or something.

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2009, 05:17:42 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
So if we get a wing too, where does the 3rd roster spot come from?  Does Gabe get cut?
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2009, 05:25:22 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

I'll write occasionally, but I tend to be factual rather than writing opinion pieces.  I envy Jeff's and Steve's ability to come up with fresh commentary every day.

Roy, may I ask for your permission to start a Roy Hobbs fact thread?

Haha.  Funny.  After "Ask Edgar" and the "Battle of the Fruits", I'm not sure that there's anything that's off limits around here.

LOL. Great.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2009, 06:02:12 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
we don't need Steph at all, all we need is a backup Center.

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2009, 06:11:23 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
I don't understand why Doc never trusts rookies and never gives them any playing time.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2009, 06:21:03 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Ultimately we need someone who can physically guard the dominant swingmen we are going to face in the playoffs.  I don't exactly know who that player will be.  I can tell you that it's not Eddie House or Gabe Pruitt; so this idea that we can get away with a backcourt of just those two isn't going to work come playoff time.  Furthermore, the argument that Pruitt/House is going to play the 2 and someone else is going to play the 3, also isn't going to work, since with Pierce and Ray Allen playing 40 mpg in the playoffs, there will only be time for one backup 2/3. 

So I'm not sure if it's someone from a buyout, Walker, Giddens, or even a healthy Tony Allen, but the C's need to find that player by the time the playoffs come. 

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2009, 08:28:07 PM »

Offline Norcalceltic

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
I agree with giving Walker some run. Pierce is playing too many minutes right now. I like the idea of Bonzi Wells also. Bonzi has always been very good in the post and rebounding for his size. He doesn't have great range but he could hit that mid range jumper. He's also very strong for his size and could use his strength to push guys around on the block. Bonzi is a player you can run your offense through in the post, especially if you surround him with jump shooters on that 2nd unit. If we could also land Joe Smith, that would add another jump shooter to put with him. But who knows what he has left in the tank?

Bonzi also looks like he could pass for being Paul Pierce's Brother. Too bad we don't have Matt Bonner. We could roll out a lineup with Bonner, Scal, Paul, and Bonzi, and counfuse the oppenent. LOL.

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2009, 09:27:35 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
Walker looks more explosive than TA and under control with his explosion. His outside shot also looks better form wise. He is definitely TA 2.0.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2009, 09:58:25 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I don't understand why Doc never trusts rookies and never gives them any playing time.

Probably because he sees them in practice every day.

Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2009, 12:04:01 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

Probably because he sees them in practice every day.

well if he looked at youtube he's see how nasty they all are.

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2009, 07:54:50 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
So if we get a wing too, where does the 3rd roster spot come from?  Does Gabe get cut?

If the team went that route, I'd expect them to cut Giddens, just because Gabe can apparently offer more this season.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions