Author Topic: KG Flying to Boston for MRI  (Read 20969 times)

Re: KG Flying to Boston for MRI
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2009, 05:38:11 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Let's be blunt, the media is speculating as nobody knows until the MRI. Reporters may think they're all knowing but they're not. Such reporting basically amounts to rumour mongering and its wrong. If a poster came on this site and claimed KG was out for 1-4 weeks because that's what they're hearing, they would get called out by other members and probably banned. People like Smith get a column.  >:( >:(

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2009, 07:06:14 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
It is really annoying that ESPN is throwing around numbers based on very little that I can see. Argh. If you don't have the information to back it up such as what is wrong with the knee it is not worth reporting.

The WWL throwing around made up stuff to try to generate panic and viewership at the expense of news?

I, for one, am shocked.  ::)

That's what I hate about ESPN. A whole interview with Steven A Smith that generates all this hype can literally be summarized into one sentence: We do not know the condition of KG until the MRI results. Well, duh. The Celtics want a healthy KG for the playoffs. Duh. I hate media.

Become Legendary.

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2009, 07:48:29 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
It is really annoying that ESPN is throwing around numbers based on very little that I can see. Argh. If you don't have the information to back it up such as what is wrong with the knee it is not worth reporting.

The WWL throwing around made up stuff to try to generate panic and viewership at the expense of news?

I, for one, am shocked.  ::)

That's what I hate about ESPN. A whole interview with Steven A Smith that generates all this hype can literally be summarized into one sentence: We do not know the condition of KG until the MRI results. Well, duh. The Celtics want a healthy KG for the playoffs. Duh. I hate media.

and Steven A. in particular.
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2009, 09:32:45 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Jon Barry just reported on ESPN that he heard "it's gonna be a month" before KG returns. :(

In this video he says, maybe 2-4 weeks.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3922843

Steven A. Smith says: :P

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3921237&categoryid=2378529

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2009, 11:37:01 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i guess the only good thing about this is that they didn't make KG walk all the way back to Boston for his MRI...

(you know, being that the celtics are in some financial turmoil and all...)
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2009, 12:12:24 AM »

Offline Norcalceltic

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 10
Man, the suspense is killing me. Dear God I hope KG is healthy for the playoffs. I don't care what our seeding is, as long as KG is good to go.