Author Topic: KG Flying to Boston for MRI  (Read 21088 times)

Re: KG Flying to Boston for MRI
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2009, 12:00:49 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
It's about time Boston has to suffer through some injuries to their big time players like the Cavs had.   :)

Hopefully this isn't a season ending injury for KG.  You never want to see someone get hurt

I find this comment in extremely bad taste. If you never want to see someone hurt why would you say its about time? I don't know if Celtics fans came to your forums and made similar posts when your team had injuries but its not right. The last thing that should be in a thread like this where people are expressing concern is someone saying its about time.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
this could be like 1987 all over again...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2009, 12:06:11 PM »

Offline Reggie's Ghost

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 64
  • Still Ballin'
It's about time Boston has to suffer through some injuries to their big time players like the Cavs had.   :)

Hopefully this isn't a season ending injury for KG.  You never want to see someone get hurt

I find this comment in extremely bad taste. If you never want to see someone hurt why would you say its about time? I don't know if Celtics fans came to your forums and made similar posts when your team had injuries but its not right. The last thing that should be in a thread like this where people are expressing concern is someone saying its about time.

Just to add to this, there were a lot of horrific posts on this board by Celtics fans celebrating Bynum's injury a few weeks ago.  Very very bad juju folks...

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2009, 12:17:17 PM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170

Just to add to this, there were a lot of horrific posts on this board by Celtics fans celebrating Bynum's injury a few weeks ago.  Very very bad juju folks...

Its not the celebrating the injury that I have the problem with. Most fans are probably happy to see injuries slow down a rival team. What I think is in bad taste is coming to a  Celtics blog and sharing that view with Celtics fans who are clearly worried about their player. 
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.

« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129

Apparently the little smiley face didn't get the point across that it was a joke.

No one ever wants to see major injuries.  But, KG missing some time will give him some time to rest and also give the Celtics time bring in a big man (Moore?) and work him into the system while KG heals.

« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2009, 12:20:25 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Just heard on wEEI that KG will miss the rest of the road trip (5 games). Hopefully won't be longer than that.  I haven't heard a diagnosis.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2009, 12:20:37 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics

Its not the celebrating the injury that I have the problem with. Most fans are probably happy to see injuries slow down a rival team. What I think is in bad taste is coming to a  Celtics blog and sharing that view with Celtics fans who are clearly worried about their player. 

I think it was pretty respectful, he said he didn't want to see anyone get hurt.  I agree we were definitely a lot harsher when Bynum went down, no matter what site it's on.  

Mac's a welcome part of this blog, he's one of the few fans of other teams that can talk to us about the game and not be a troll.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2009, 12:21:22 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Delonte and Big Z always get injured, so they don't count. That is like a Houston fan surprised McGrady is hurt.

« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2009, 12:22:45 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

Apparently the little smiley face didn't get the point across that it was a joke.

You'll have to forgive Celtics fans for not being in a joking mood on the subject of KG's injury at the moment.  I realize you don't mean any harm in it as you've been a respectful poster on this blog.  But it's still gonna rub people the wrong way when they don't know the severity of the injury yet.

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2009, 12:23:25 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

No one ever wants to see major injuries.  But, KG missing some time will give him some time to rest and also give the Celtics time bring in a big man (Moore?) and work him into the system while KG heals.
While your post didn't bother me, does being a joke make it any better?

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2009, 12:24:37 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics
Wow ESPN just broke news that Amare is out for 8 weeks after eye surgery.  Now the game on Sunday has really changed its complexion. 
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2009, 12:25:18 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
Just heard on wEEI that KG will miss the rest of the road trip (5 games). Hopefully won't be longer than that.  I haven't heard a diagnosis.

There's only 3 games left on the road trip.

« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2009, 12:29:07 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Let's Go Celtics

If that's all it was it would be the best case scenario.  It would actually probably be a positive.  Like with last year's injury, he was out for a few weeks, got some rest, saved some gas in the tank for the playoffs, and the effects of the injury didn't linger.  This could actually work out well for us.

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2009, 12:33:06 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Call me paranoid but I have a bad feeling about this one. The fact that he did not get an MRI immediately gives me a feeling that they are not sharing the whole truth right now. KG is a warrior and even with a very serious injury, he would try and get back on the court. That is the way he is and what makes him very successful.

Danny looked like he had just been run over by a truck after the game leaving our locker room. I get the feeling we are not being told everything so as not put us in panic mode. Maybe it could even be related to a certain someone being bought out(if they knew we were very desperate, they might try and milk Starbury for a little more dough if he has his heart set on Celtic Green) I hope this one of my paranoid, world is going to end posts.

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and hope this will only be a few weeks setback but my gut says that is probably not the case. The last thing we want to do is put him back out there too soon and watch him have a career ending injury.

« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2009, 12:36:54 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
The weirdest thing about this injury is every time I look at the video, I just do not see anything happening. He jumped up and then he lands on one foot and car hadly walk on the other. So it happened on the push off to jump, but when you look at that you also see nothing. Bizarre.