Author Topic: Please don't TP me  (Read 14217 times)

Re: Please don't TP me
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2009, 08:01:30 PM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
Where does this influx of TP's come from?  That's what I want to know.  We can't keep printing TP's without them being backed by a solid foundation of standard material value.  If I had a bottle of rum and drank half... then filled it with water... technically I have a full bottle of rum, but it's all watered down and will now take twice as much to get drunk.   That's what I think of this TP crisis.  With each new "TP Handout" generated and distributed willy-nilly to the masses... the less value each TP has. 

We're doomed.  I speculate that we'll have an ubuntu meltdown within the next 3-4 months unless the TP situation is taken care of.

Having instituted the Movie Line Trivia thread, I feel I am partially to blame for the TP crisis. I also performed well for awhile in the PAPOUPG thread, making me the Celticsblog equivalent to a dot com startup that exploded rather quickly overnight.

Dare I say it? Am I the Mark Cuban of Celticsblog??
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2009, 08:01:43 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Man, am I glad I've invested in both TPs and gold stars. Its all about balancing the portfolio.

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2009, 08:04:23 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
157!!!!!!

I started this post about not wanting anymore TPs at 137 and now I have 157!  Do the math, that's 17 more TP's than before. 

(ok, so math isn't my strongest subject -- Redz will tell you, my math teacher was nowhere as hot as my typing teacher and I just didn't pay attention)
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2009, 08:20:26 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
SS4.0, you're infected with TPs! here's another  ;D

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2009, 08:25:27 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
157!!!!!!

I started this post about not wanting anymore TPs at 137 and now I have 157!  Do the math, that's 17 more TP's than before. 

(ok, so math isn't my strongest subject -- Redz will tell you, my math teacher was nowhere as hot as my typing teacher and I just didn't pay attention)

Come on Mrs. Bowman wasn't so bad   ;D

Yup

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2009, 08:30:17 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
The Russians are also requesting that we stop using the American "Tommy Point" as the global currency and instead use their countries "Trofim Point".

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2009, 08:37:36 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
157!!!!!!

Come on Mrs. Bowman wasn't so bad   ;D

I think I had Ms. Martin (did she become Mrs. Bowman?)
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2009, 10:00:27 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Having not read the entire thread, let me suggest that Jeff institute a TP cap, with all posters over the cap forced to pay a luxury TP tax.

Payable in TPs?

Natch!
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."