Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft: Eastern First Round: New York(2) vs Boston(7)  (Read 95824 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft: Eastern First Round: New York(2) vs Boston(7)
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2013, 06:16:30 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Ya, but IP pretty specifically said that Gallo wouldn't be playing the 4 in that situation. Just the Sanders/Lopez combo.

And I specifically said if Gallo moves to the 4 I would counter with ZBo. If he moves Gallo back to the three then I can put Sanders/Lopez back in.

Must've missed that - so, no reason to continue this, eh?

« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2013, 06:23:45 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
So basically you won't put Lopez and Sanders in the game at the same time.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2013, 06:37:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Pretty bad strategy by New York.  If they're going to let the Celts dictate the matchup, I might have to change my position.

Gallo at the 4 isn't something to be scared of, because it hurts Boston's rebounding and interior defense.

Of course, there's still the issue of the Celtics using the 6'1" Beverly on the 6'7" Martin.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2013, 06:43:28 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I think New York should defend Pau Gasol with Brook Lopez if Boston stays big. Put Larry Sanders on Jonas Valanciunas instead.

I don't think much of L.Sanders man-to-man defense so I don't like him on Pau + if he is on Jonas, L.Sanders will have more opportunity to roam defensively and make the type of defensive plays he is good at.

I agree with this.  Lopez has more bulk, and will stand up to Gasol better in the post.  It also allows Sanders to roam more on the perimeter.

Haha, that seems fairly laughable.  Lopez has trouble defending chairs.

He might have trouble with chairs, but he does okay against NBA centers these days.  He's gone from "terrible" to "decent".

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2013, 08:23:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Final pitch, unless a brushfire breaks out:

Kyrie Irving is the best player in the series, and he's getting better. Rubio can't slow him down, and if Irving gets hot, he's going to win a game or games seemingly on his own. You say he's young, well, Derrick Rose won his MVP in his third year, this will be Kyrie's third year. Derrick Rose won his MVP the next year after his first All-star game in his second season, Kyrie Irving was an all-star this year, in his second season. Im not saying Irving is going to be as good as Rose was in 2011 (although I think he will be), and Im not saying Rose deserved his MVP (he didn't), but what I am saying is that a third year phenom can lead a team well past the first round.

Aside from Kyrie, my team is one of if not the best oftensive teams in the league. Hayward, Gallinari, Gasol, Valanciunas, Isaiah Thomas, I've got weapons, man, and aside from Larry Sanders, Ny doesn't have the elite defenders to stop them.

My team is versatile, skilled, and rapidly improving. They're going to win in a hail of buckets.

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2013, 08:47:37 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Ya, but IP pretty specifically said that Gallo wouldn't be playing the 4 in that situation. Just the Sanders/Lopez combo.

And I specifically said if Gallo moves to the 4 I would counter with ZBo. If he moves Gallo back to the three then I can put Sanders/Lopez back in.

Must've missed that - so, no reason to continue this, eh?

Its basically like a carousel. He puts player A here so I put player B there, he takes player A away so I take player B away ect, ect.

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2013, 08:49:47 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

Pretty bad strategy by New York.  If they're going to let the Celts dictate the matchup, I might have to change my position.

Gallo at the 4 isn't something to be scared of, because it hurts Boston's rebounding and interior defense.

Of course, there's still the issue of the Celtics using the 6'1" Beverly on the 6'7" Martin.

No i wont let Boston dictate the matchup. Im just saying if they decide to go small ball with Gallo at the 4 I'll make them rethink their decision by pounding them with my line up.

Sanders and Lopez will definitely be getting their fair share of minutes on the court. Gallo wont be playing the 4 all 48 minutes.

« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2013, 08:57:49 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I feel like you're missing the gist here. When Lopez and Gasol are on the floor together, most of the time Gallo will be at the 4. That's what Im saying.

« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2013, 09:01:08 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
Final pitch, unless a brushfire breaks out:

Kyrie Irving is the best player in the series, and he's getting better. Rubio can't slow him down, and if Irving gets hot, he's going to win a game or games seemingly on his own. You say he's young, well, Derrick Rose won his MVP in his third year, this will be Kyrie's third year. Derrick Rose won his MVP the next year after his first All-star game in his second season, Kyrie Irving was an all-star this year, in his second season. Im not saying Irving is going to be as good as Rose was in 2011 (although I think he will be), and Im not saying Rose deserved his MVP (he didn't), but what I am saying is that a third year phenom can lead a team well past the first round.

Aside from Kyrie, my team is one of if not the best oftensive teams in the league. Hayward, Gallinari, Gasol, Valanciunas, Isaiah Thomas, I've got weapons, man, and aside from Larry Sanders, Ny doesn't have the elite defenders to stop them.

My team is versatile, skilled, and rapidly improving. They're going to win in a hail of buckets.

In rebuttle. Rubio isnt the offensive player that Irving is, and I'll agree that Irving is the better talent. But Rubio has a crazy great all around game and will also be making the third year jump. Rubio is only going to improve and he already posts averages of 14, 8, 4, and 2.4 steals.

Jeff Green's defense is vastly underrated and can play defense on either Hayward or Gallo.

And speaking of offensive firepower, how does Boston stop an offesive force of Lopez, ZBo, Jeff Green and Kevin Martin led by one of the best young playmakers in the league? Answer is: they dont.

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2013, 09:13:11 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
In rebuttle. Rubio isnt the offensive player that Irving is, and I'll agree that Irving is the better talent. But Rubio has a crazy great all around game and will also be making the third year jump. Rubio is only going to improve and he already posts averages of 14, 8, 4, and 2.4 steals.

Ricky Rubio came back from injury this year and he was bad. Really, really bad. Rust doesn't even describe it, it was like he forgot how to Rubio.

Then he bounced back, and looked pretty good for a stretch of games.

He played Irving during that stretch, and Irving still Kyrie Irving'd him. And at this point in the season, Cleveland was in full craptastic mode, and Irving was still battling his own nagging hurts.

So if Rubio gets better, and Irving gets better, Irving just further dominates Rubio.

No sir, you are rebuffed. Good day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Rjn6W9jYk&sns=em

« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2013, 09:58:12 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

Ricky Rubio came back from injury this year and he was bad. Really, really bad. Rust doesn't even describe it, it was like he forgot how to Rubio.

Then he bounced back, and looked pretty good for a stretch of games.

He played Irving during that stretch, and Irving still Kyrie Irving'd him. And at this point in the season, Cleveland was in full craptastic mode, and Irving was still battling his own nagging hurts.

So if Rubio gets better, and Irving gets better, Irving just further dominates Rubio.

No sir, you are rebuffed. Good day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Rjn6W9jYk&sns=em

Which is fine because I noted that Irving was the more talented player anyway. Just noting that my team will be stronger because of Rubio's third year jump as a player, I see him as an all star for my squad this year along with Lopez and Sanders.

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2013, 10:12:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
You guys don't know this, but there was an agreed upon trade between Boston and NYK that just didnt work out but would've sent Splitter and Gallo to NY for Sanders and something else, and that's after HOURS and probably dozens of trade proposals from me. Huge fan of Sanders.

But really think he's being poorly utilized here. The man is a center, needs a stretch 4 next to him.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:24:15 PM by IndeedProceed »

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2013, 10:14:36 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

But really think he's being poorly utilized here. The man is a center, needs a stretch 4 next to him.

Weren't you going to put him next to Gasol?

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2013, 10:19:26 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Weren't you going to put him next to Gasol?

Yeah, but Gasol can guard 4s or 5s, Brook can't. He's also a good passer, which I think goes a long way towards utilizing Sanders properly.

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2013, 10:27:46 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
And also, I don't know that I would've kept Gasol, depending on what else was there in a deal to be made.

Honestly everyone consulted counted it a bad trade for Boston.