Around the League > Around the NBA

Shams: Jimmy Butler Has MCL Injury, Could Be Out A While

(1/10) > >>

Phantom255x:
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1780793382346121413?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

--- Quote ---Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler is feared to have an MCL injury in his knee, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The injury could sideline Butler for an indefinite period. MRI to come.
--- End quote ---

That could really impact things. Either we are more likely to play Chicago or Atlanta, or we face the Heat with no Butler

ozgod:
I'm ok with playing whoever we have to play, we have to beat the best to be the best, and the expectations around the team are such that only a championship will do - if we lose in the 1st round, or the 2nd round, or the ECF, or the Finals, it's all going to be the same - the team will have failed, Jaylen and Jrue will be traded, and Joe will be sacked (they will be preparing the site of his crucifixion on Beacon Hill)  :laugh:

BUT if it lessens the pain a bit to get as far as we can, clearly playing a Heat team without Buckets gives us the best chance to progress to the next round. But that's pretty rotten news for the Heat...I want our team to be battle tested as we go along, instead of beating up on injured also-rans and running into a buzzsaw later in the playoffs  :-\

Moranis:
All the more reason to not have the play-in when there are terrible teams in it.

celticsclay:

--- Quote from: Moranis on April 17, 2024, 11:13:57 PM ---All the more reason to not have the play-in when there are terrible teams in it.

--- End quote ---

With Mo on this. Hawks and bulls should not have qualified to play in this

tazzmaniac:

--- Quote from: celticsclay on April 18, 2024, 12:22:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Moranis on April 17, 2024, 11:13:57 PM ---All the more reason to not have the play-in when there are terrible teams in it.

--- End quote ---

With Mo on this. Hawks and bulls should not have qualified to play in this

--- End quote ---
I always find it a bit wrong when an under .500 team makes the playoffs for any sport.  If you can't win at least half your regular season games, why do you deserve to make the playoffs? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version