Author Topic: Chris Paul, Kyrie  (Read 780 times)

Chris Paul, Kyrie
« on: October 19, 2017, 04:51:34 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
How come I hear so much about Kyrie forcing a trade but I never hear about Chris Paul forcing the clips to trade him to rival Rockets?

Re: Chris Paul, Kyrie
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 04:56:33 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
How come I hear so much about Kyrie forcing a trade but I never hear about Chris Paul forcing the clips to trade him to rival Rockets?
Kyrie had 2 years left on his contract.  CP didn't force a trade.  He was a free agent and was going to go to the Rockets no matter what.  The Rockets and Clips decided to do a trade because it was in there best interest to do so. 

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Chris Paul had a player option for this season that he could have declined to become a FA. Instead, he 'accepted' a trade to the Rockets. This allowed Paul to make more money than he otherwise could have and it also gave the Clippers back some quality assets. Basically, a win for all parties involved.

Irving was still under contract for two additional seasons. While I think his request is widely regarded as reasonable (for a trade request), the Cavs certainly weren't forced to trade him.

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 05:06:51 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Kyrie had 2 years left on his contract.  CP didn't force a trade.  He was a free agent and was going to go to the Rockets no matter what.  The Rockets and Clips decided to do a trade because it was in there best interest to do so.

OK, good point.