Author Topic: Who is giving AL 4 years  (Read 8318 times)

Re: Who is giving AL 4 years
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 12:42:04 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
If Horford has a "promise" from any other team that they will offer 4 years, isn't that tampering?  I am not so naive that I don't understand this sort of thing goes on but this would be pretty blatant right?  If some organization got word to Al that they will offer 4 years, that is text book tampering isn't it?

The NBA is losing control of the league.

Yeah, it's pretty bad!

The NBA is a total mess right now. Players are running the league and are basically allowed to do whatever they want.
Lebron was openly recruiting players during the playoffs and didn't even get fined for it. It's pathetic.

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 12:44:56 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Brooklyn. I posted the following below in the other Horford thread.

I was thinking about the mystery team that offered Horford a 4 year deal, and honestly, Brooklyn DOES come to mind

Think about it: It's not the Lakers, because they have Davis and Kuzma. The Clippers are probably going to wait first to see what happens with Kawhi. The Knicks are probably going to wait and see what happens with Durant. It could be other teams with max cap space like Dallas, Sacramento, Atlanta and Indiana.

But I REALLY suspect Brooklyn. It's quite possible Kyrie and Horford have been talking, especially if Durant plans on staying in GSW. Kyrie moves on to recruit another player and knows Horford from the last 2 years in Boston. Brooklyn needs a power forward.

What a kick in the nuts that would be!!

If Horford and Irving go to Brooklyn together it would make me
Reevaluate how much blame I placed on Kyrie here.

I have tremendous respect for Al Horford and if he痴 willing to follow Irving to Brooklyn I壇 be very concerned about what that says about the guys who still are in the building 
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 12:48:05 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
I think Al wants a contender. unfortunately i see the Lakers (contender with money) as most likely to sign him.

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 12:48:35 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Al and Kawhi going to LAC.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 12:51:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I would think this the most logical destination and result.

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 12:54:07 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Do the Clippers have money for two max players? Don't they need to shed a bit of salary?

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 01:05:08 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306

Do the Clippers have money for two max players? Don't they need to shed a bit of salary?
They don't need it, Al isn't getting max. Rumors are that he's looking for 4 yr/$100m total.

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2019, 01:09:36 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
A lot of teams have cap space and a "do everything" veteran big (and proven playoff performer) has a lot of value. So I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 4yrs and $100m from someone.

With all that said, Ainge is absolutely right not to match that type of offer. In fact, I think he's probably lucky Horford opted out of his $30m option this year.

Great player, but the age bothers me. Al isn't exactly ancient, but he will be 37 at the end of a 4-year deal. Let's be honest, the Celtics had to do quite a bit of load management with him last season, and there is some evidence he has lost a step. I think his athletic decline will accelerate in the next couple years.

Love Al, but I think whoever signs him to a deal like that may ultimately regret it.

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2019, 01:11:31 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

Hate seeing Al leaving the Celts but I would love if this happened. I would def be behind the Clippers in the West.

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2019, 01:13:57 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think Leonard wants to beat James in his own city. I expect Doc to get him and Al.

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2019, 01:15:59 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If Kawhi doesn't sign in LAC do you think Al would still go there? LAC is the only winning team I can think of that has that kind of cap space.

I'm hoping he wants to go to a team that is already over the cap so that team would be forced into a sign and trade.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 01:18:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
If Kawhi doesn't sign in LAC do you think Al would still go there? LAC is the only winning team I can think of that has that kind of cap space.

I'm hoping he wants to go to a team that is already over the cap so that team would be forced into a sign and trade.
Houston comes to mind. I知 sure OKC would love him too but I知 not sure what they could offer us. I知 not interested in Adams.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 01:20:11 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349

Houston comes to mind. I知 sure OKC would love him too but I知 not sure what they could offer us. I知 not interested in Adams.

I don't think either of those teams have cap space. Definitely not $25 million of it.

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 01:33:50 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
If Horford has a "promise" from any other team that they will offer 4 years, isn't that tampering?  I am not so naive that I don't understand this sort of thing goes on but this would be pretty blatant right?  If some organization got word to Al that they will offer 4 years, that is text book tampering isn't it?

The NBA is losing control of the league.

They lost it a long time ago, when LeBroid and Riley colluded to get Bosh, Wade and Bron Bron together, and nothing was done about it.

Funny, when Bron Bron was questioned about the blueprint for the plan, he said that he got the idea from the Celtics Big 3 of KG/PP/RA and that it was just like that.

WRONG!!!

We gave up assets to acquire KG and RA...the cHeat gave up nothing except for Riley's machinations and dumpings to get the cap space.

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 02:00:06 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
idk, I think Al's got two good years left, so on a three year deal you suck it up and hope the first two years makes it worth it. if you're signing him for 4 years, good chance it's a bad contract for half the length of the contract (unless he's taking much less per year than i think)