Author Topic: Brad Stevens is No Phil Jackson  (Read 3619 times)

Re: Brad Stevens is No Phil Jackson
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2018, 12:12:00 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
No, he's far more humble.

I'm not happy with how they're playing, but this is a major overreaction.  We're only ten games into the season.

This entire forum is a hot take machine right now. It's much easier to just avoid the entire forum until the season settles down.

And you know we'll have people screaming about how we need a set rotation and Brad keeps running ridiculous lineups, just for the rotation to get set around January and some of the "ridiculous lineups" to turn into secret weapons and earn Brad praise from the same people in June. Then we'll rinse and repeat next year

So true! You know those Sox will lose to the Yankees, Astros..Dodgers 😁🍷 Celtics definitely stand no chance with that amazing coach at the reins! Teams take time to gel...this one is no different no matter the talent.

Don't forget the wrist slitting after the Patriots' slow start as well. I think Boston sports fans are just predisposed to be negative.

I could understand wrist slitting if we were playing like this in March or April with not a lot of time to figure it out, but it's only the start of November. There's always going to be ups and downs throughout a long season.

What I want to see is sustained improvement over time. If they struggle a bit early because they're trying to figure it out I'm ok with that - as long as they figure it out. There's always a price to learning.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Re: Brad Stevens is No Phil Jackson
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2018, 12:14:14 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Time for Mr Perfect Coach Stevens to get his share of the blame. So he's great with Scrubs and underachievers. He preaches ball movement and wants everyone to share the ball.

Well that's not how titles are won Brad. At some point when you have the big Egos you have to manage and motivate them properly. It's not easy.

Brad is not an Alpha coach. It's becoming a big problem. He has to make changes. He's doing nothing. Step up your game Coach. Bench Hayward or Kyrie.

We are 14 and 14 in the last 28 games Kyrie has started. Start Rozier. Do something. Light a fire. Go back to the starters last year.

Why would he bench our best player? If anyone gets benched it should be JT or JB or both. What is wrong with you? Bench Kyrie, wow....

Brad’s trying to teach these guys to learn to play together and get GH back into playing shape. Just about every other team in the league would kill to have him.

After I read the "bench Kyrie" part I figured it wasn't a serious post, rather one to stimulate...discussion.  ;D
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D